About CareCloud

CareCloud Charts is an integrated electronic health recording (EHR) solution offering collective benefits of EMR, practice management and medical billing services. The solution helps physicians to streamline clinical operations...

Browse CareCloud Reviews

100 of 222,600 reviews
John O.

Reviewed on 20/04/2016

Caring With The Cloud

Care Cloud is an innovative EMR system that allows or practice, Westford Dermatology, to shorten our revenue cycle and maximize the financial growth of our practice without any of the paperwork.

Pros

This is a cloud based platform that is very easy to use, and the communication between the vendor and the client is great! They are very responsive and help alert us to problems before we even realize problems exist.

Cons

None at this time. I believe I am a hard client to please. I am also very price sensitive and Care Cloud continues to surpass my expectations, especially for the cost.

Mayra L.

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

CareCloud review

Overall I like the software.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Offers more than one way to search a chart like email, phone number, name & DOB.

Cons

It's challenging to understand the simple charges, payments & insurance payments in the financials section. Patient charts won't come up when searching with emails that have periods, underscores or hyphens in them.

Ann K.

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Worst choice since starting my own medical practice; I turned away from Carecloud after 2...

I am a solo practitioner in internal medicine. I used Athenahealth before Carecloud due to college's recommendation. But the feels for non closed loop orders were getting expensive so I looks for a program that won't charge me a dollar for each prescription. I was interested in Carecloud due to their App settings and made it look easy to document/chart.
I should have known when they were trying to get me to sign their contract that I was in for a big diasppointment. They, the sales rep gave me a deadline to sign the contract with appealing price if I sign before the timeline. He got me on the phone with the big boss, also the same thing,' its the lowest price so sign now', like a used car dealer to seal a deal. I was a fool, $36,000 lost due to my stupid action signing that day. I will regret for the rest of my life. After 1 month of use, I knew this isnt what I wanted to uses going forward. I plan to make a youtube video showing how slow Carecloud is. Whenever patient calls for appointment or refill, it takes long time to pull up their charts and all patients complain ' why does it take so long to pull up my chart?' and we say it's our carecloud program... But that's just the tip of the iceburg. Here are the reasons I gave them for terminating with them.

1 - Promise to incorporate clients' suggestion for improvement to their platform is an empty promise. We have offered them pages upon pages of suggestions, of which exactly NONE have been incorporated in their promise of "updates" every 3 weeks. When challenged on this, the company brushed us off, saying "do you know how many providers we take care of?" Pretty clear that we, as a individual client, are not important.

2 - It may look organized but when actually using it, it forces you to move back and forth all day long between different organizational icons. Even the simplest task of ordering a patient's lab requires at least 5 minutes. It is the farthest from "user-friendly" that we can imagine!!

3 - By definition, an EMR is an ELECTRONIC medical record. Despite this, any documents that require the provider to initial or sign (all home health documentations, labs to be reviewed, etc.) need to be printed, then hand signed, then re-scanned into the computer. Be prepared to have your support staff spend an extra-ordinary amount of time managing this challenge. Again, our practice has asked CareCloud to address this concern several times without any indication that they will actually become a

Pros

initial look of it, looks different, but it is an illusion to believe that you will be better organized provider/front desk/reception with the App functionality.

Cons

cons: Slow, breaks down.
Slow and shuts down.
Jumping from app to app to just to see patient's insurance information, up coming appointment, and to see EOB, that is not allowed in carecloud. You have to download CMS program to see EOB.
When claim has issues, it can sit in an app and none of your manager or carecloud will let you know that there is problem in you A/R, help you to solve problems. You are on your own. I almost went broke due to using their concierge service. No money was coming in.... Be prepared to get a loan or go broke with their billing services.

Top CareCloud Alternatives

Kenneth A.

Reviewed on 14/01/2015

Right choice

Pros

I have read many of the reviews and wonder what experience these writers have had with EHR systems. My experience has been very positive from ease of use to cost. I compare it to my first EHR which I will not name. We were able to get started with minimal training and the providers input has helped get changes made for the better. It is easy to try something and complain, but I can tell you from my experience, the CareCloud staff and employees have made great effort to build a system that conforms to good patient flow and ease of use. The color coding gives the program appeal and is a useful tool as well. As the Coder/Biller can tell you, having the providers chose the right ICD 9 code makes my job a lot easier. It helps us to get our claims settled much quicker with a higher first time pass rate. We believe that we are just achieving a small percentage of what CareCloud can do for us in the long run. I look forward to a long relationship with CareCloud so we can become subject matter experts.

Cons

I have very little to complain about. We are learning new features and incorporating them daily. I think if we were taught everything at once we would have a brain meltdown. As for the vendor, we have no complaints.

Melody K.

Reviewed on 5/04/2018

Great experience with CareCloud EHR

I would recommend CareCloud for any practice.

Pros

We have used CareCloud EHR for almost 4 years and it's been great. The EHR makes it simple to manage my clients and practitioners. It has great functionality and is user friendly overall. The billing app is the best. I actually eliminated an admin position by using the billing app.

Cons

I would like for the iPhone app and the calendar app to offer a few more features. It would also be nice if there was way to upload and store clinical documents.

Mary B.

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Easy and effective

Fantastic customer service. Innovative.

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. Does almost everything I need it to.

Cons

Can't look up clients by phone # or other variables. Must use names.

Christina P.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

CareCloud is a good software system.

CareCloud support was excellent throughout the "buying" process. After we had the product, they are as readily available with great response time.

Pros

I like the the use of colors for identifies throughout the CareCloud software system - it is well organized.

Michaelann G.

Reviewed on 1/07/2016

AMAZING SYSTEM!

Pros

The system is easy to navigate and extremely user friendly.

Cons

After all of the recent upgrades they have implemented there are no complaints that I can express.

Kathy S.

Reviewed on 8/07/2014

Not close to living up to our expectations

Pros

There's very little that we like.

Cons

It is constantly going offline. We went live with this product on 5/27/14; it is now 7/8/14, and we have experienced no less than 10 days with what I would consider major interruptions in service.

Amy P.

Reviewed on 30/10/2013

Finally, I have found software that is nice to look at and get through from the beginning to the end of the patient encounter. It is easy to organize clinical data according to an individual provider's likes and dislikes. It took us about two months to become very comfortable with their system. Now I can finish a note in less than 15mins. The support staff has been nothing but more than helpful in providing quick responses to my many questions in getting adjusted to a new EMR!

Thuha P.

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

CareCloud EHR

Poor experience had to call IT/customer service numerous times and did not get anything achieved. Lots of glitches and needs reloading; see cons below.
Do not recommend at all due to cost and functionality.

Pros

e-prescribing
copies previous notes.

Cons

Doesn't have appropriate medical terminology too many glitches and causes freezes, loss of information typed, etc.
Too many buttons to click individually, copies previous notes but also copies previous orders associated with it that can't be deleted.

Reviewed on 14/04/2016

Great Service!

We love Carecloud. We had a little bit of a rough start with the company. They did resolve our issues and the service has been great. We are very happy.

Pros

Great Reporting
Easy Scheduling

Cons

Hard for patients to make payments on-line

Warner S.

Reviewed on 30/01/2013

Carecloud's charting system is second to none. It creates a dynamic flow from patient check in to claim submission. The software keeps my day efficient organized and profitable. Their product is always evolving and keeps my pt data safe and complaint. This is the best EHR on the market.

Sheila S.

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Practice Management System Partnership

We have used Care Cloud since 2010 and a lot of improvements since then. My staff and I have loved to use
this system since day 1. We never thought to try another system all these years.

Pros

it is most user friendly system I have worked with in over 30 years. The notes module and reporting are awesome ...

Cons

maybe Charts and some of the analytics are not what I would like

MISys Manufacturing and Prime Suite

Reasons for Choosing CareCloud

We wanted to do our own billing in house and the previous company was total billing package

Reasons for Switching to CareCloud

CareCloud was Web based and the use was much more user friendly and the cost was the best factor
Brandi B.

Reviewed on 24/06/2016

Ease of use, user friendly workflows and reports are fantastic!

Pros

We love how easy to use CareCloud is. The workflows are very user friendly and the webinars CareCloud provides are great resources for learning to use to the product. Also, CareCloud assigns a friendly, knowledgeable Client Manager to your account to assist in questions you may have. Additionally, CareCloud support is also available via a phone call or online support.

Cons

Overall, we are very pleased with the product. The main thing I don't like about CareCloud is that they don't provide a support line for patients needing help with the patient portal. Therefore, the practice must contact support on the patient's behalf.

Donna B.

Reviewed on 19/04/2016

Very pleased

We are a small Podiatry practice with 2 offices serving the Reidsville North Carolina and Danville Virginia areas. We currently have 8 employees. I have been extremely happy with CareCloud. They have made my work flow much easier.

Pros

Customer support is wonderful. If I have a problem or question they are more that happy to help. I have never dealt with a friendly bunch of people.

Cons

The group posting payments could be more attentive to what they are doing. At times they post things incorrectly. I have to keep a close watch on patient billing because I have noticed that some payments are posted twice or they will write off the incorrect amount. By doing this it shows a credit for our patients when in actuality they owe the practice money.

Melody K.

Reviewed on 30/06/2016

CareCloud makes clinical documentation a breeze

Pros

CareCloud is so easy to use and all of my staff just love it. If you can use an iPhone, you can use CareCloud. The drag and drop features and the ability to utilize the dictation feature is a plus for us all. CareCloud support is second to none. They are always very friendly and patient for all questions.

Cons

We have used CareCloud for 2 years and have had a great experience with all the apps.

Teresa C.

Reviewed on 30/10/2013

My medical practice has been using CareCloud's EHR software for almost 2 years now, and we are very pleased with its practicality and effectiveness.

Initially, using the software was difficult because it was the first time we were exposed to electronic records and charts. However, as a center, we have excelled in learning about and using all of the benefits provided by CareCloud. The software is very user-friendly and straightforward in all of its provisions. The design of the software also creates a very clean and modern feel to the user, which makes the job more agreeable and appealing.

Since the change from paper to electronic, CareCloud has provided us with everything we need in accessing patient's records, demographics, and other information. CareCloud makes scheduling appointments, typing medical notes, and entering patient's information exceptionally straightforward and simple.

I would highly recommend this software to any medical centers and practices who are looking for an effective EHR system. If health care providers are searching for an EHR software that is helpful, cooperative and efficient, CareCloud is the one to use.

Mila M.

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

continuous problems

We purchased this system about 5 years ago and were very happy with it's performance. Over the last 3 months, however everything changed. The system fails every day on continuous basis. Customer support is useless as they are reading off the script instead of actually trying to help. Noone is transparent as to what seems to be the problem and noone seems to be able to help. WE will be looking for other systems

Pros

The system was very user friendly and was easily modifiable to our needs.

Cons

Customer support and transparency is an issue wit this company as is complete lack of accountability, it seems.

Rachel C.

Reviewed on 4/01/2015

Well designed and intuitive charting

Pros

The functionality of the CareCloud EHR was far superior to the other competitors we had demos with. CareCloud's EHR layout and design is super easy to use and was a clear winner for us as it didn't require back and forth keystrokes or clicks to enter charting for patients. Everything from vitals to ordering labs, referrals, and prescriptions was on the same page. The system is very intuitive and is the closest option to paper charting as we could find. All the representatives at CareCloud have been very helpful and easy to work with.

Cons

The pricing was difficult to understand at first, as the demo included functionality that was later offered as an additional cost feature, but was presented in the demo as included with the base service.

Roderick S.

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

Worst EHR I have ever used!!

It hasn't solved any problems- only creates problems and slows us down!

Pros

Ability to fax a consult note with attached documents from the Care Team app- about the only thing that works half way decent!

Cons

Constantly cashes, poor tech support, very rudimentary program, uses antiquated software platform that is very unstable. Can't understand how they can survive as a company. Only reason we haven't gotten rid of it is because it is the program chosen for our super group.

Heather J.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016

Overall CareCloud Rocks

Pros

Its very user friendly and for the most part CareCloud will implement and make updates that are suggested and/or requested from its customers.

Cons

Little overpriced since we do not use off of the features it offers. Wish you could only be charged for certain features used.

Barbara M.

Reviewed on 22/04/2015

Horrible system

Pros

There really isn't anything about this system that I like at this point.

Cons

As I sit on hold for the 5th time this week, this system is always going down. Every time I've called in over the last month, I've been put on hold for over 25 minutes and a couple of time, I've been on holder over 45 minutes without ever talking to anyone. We can't even log in this morning. Some days we can't verify insurance thru the Patient App. Other days we can't pull all of the diagnosis from the EHR portion of the system to the Billing portion. Horrible system. I'm not sure what system these other groups are using but it is not the system we have grown to hate!

Chelsea M.

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

An EMR disguised as an App

EMR without the strings!

Pros

CareCloud functions like any old app you may find on your smartphone. The set up is very intuitive and you know where to click to go find things. It is also web based so easy to access from wherever you may be!

Cons

CareCloud is, at it's root, still an EMR and has the hiccups that we see in all of them. There are glitches and problems, but the support team is amazing and has helped us through them all.

Tara S.

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

I'm trying!!

Pros

The software and the total service is awesome. I love their communication and willingness to grow and change with what their customers want.

Cons

I don't like that all the charts are available for everyone in the office to see. That the clients are available to anyone who can log in to view. I also struggle with the charts - they seem so intuitive but they are frustrating and more code work than just fill in the blanks.