Pabau Reviews

About Pabau

Pabau's all-in-one software is built to handle everything that clinics (both large and small) need to run smoothly. Forget spreadsheets, integrations, paper notes and scanning — do it all from one easy to use tool. - Save 12+...

Browse Pabau Reviews

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Great for managing multiple services

Pabau have helped us manage multiple items in one place.

Pros

We have a busy practice with 30+ practitioners and pabau makes it easy for us to manage their schedules and see all of the patient details in one place for ease of managing their care alongside their admin.

Cons

I think the patient portal could do with some improvements as the online booking tool is clunky in comparison to other booking portals. Also it would be great if we could integrate the invoice and payment system with square as we tend to duplicate sending payment links with creating invoices on the patient's account for their records.

Jane and Cliniko

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

They were very expensive and used to charge per person which for us became ineffective and were not willing to help on any development.

Lumeon

flexibility to develop

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Elizabeth! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Oyin

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Pabau software does most things well

It does most of what we need from a CRM but definitely still have records we are having to keep outside of the software.
Would have preferred a white label service rather than each step my patients take to have Pabau labelling all over it.
Customer support is below par. Should have a live chat or phone line to call.
A lot of training videos are on a Vimeo account that isn't shared with you at implementation, some features and options have been improved and videos not updated.
The step by step guide function for registered accounts doesn't work and the webinars seem very uninteractive. Seems to be a rush to finish within the 3o minute tieframe.
Pabau has account managers, programming and implementation specialists but it's not ideal if you can't sold problems immediately.
A ticket system that shows other client's concerns or questions would have saved a lot of hassle.
User's forums, blogs, FAQs, Q & As are available but not shared when you come on board.
Having a widget isnt suitable for all sorts of web platforms.
Referral tracking is especially difficult when customer processes are handled putside your existing platform.
Would have like to integrate a diferent payment processor rather than being limited to skype
As at noww, Pabau sems the best fit for our business but we are not assured enough to stop looking for alternatives

Pros

A lot of features.
Before and after pictures
A lof of templates to choose from.
Support team willing to integrate any pdf form and help customise to your brand

Cons

Customer support not always accessible.
Would have preferred a dedicated number to call, opening hours etc.
A lot of communication is via email or a request for a call back.
Not suitable when the software isn't responding or you need quick fixes.
Price is on the expensive side especially since you will need to pay Pabau extra subs for more staff, sending texts, marketing functions & Api integrations
Ipad necessary for patient journeys function

Vagaro, Timely, Phorest and AestheticsPro

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

Seems to have the most features Before and After picures are crucial for us and eliminates a lot of the competition.

Response from Pabau

Hi Oyin,

I just wanted to reply back to this review and thank you for your detailed and thoughtful feedback.

In particular, your points about better highlighting our educational resources to new users will be actioned upon.

I would also like to make you aware that we do indeed have a live chat function. We moved away from phone-based support (though do still escalate to this when required) to a live chat feature because our data showed it to be a more effective method of supporting our customers. However, we will consider if there is a better way of making sure our customers know this support exists.

Thanks again for trusting Pabau as your practice CRM and for helping us to get that little bit better with your constructive feedback.

Replied 16/08/2022
Soumendra

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Really a great clinical Software

Overall a great software better than some out there which are free. There is a huge scoop to perfect the system. Need to improve customer experience and IT glitches.

Pros

Very modern and slick looking software. Plenty of scope to expand and add new features. I like the automation built into the system.

Cons

Constant glitches with the software. Quite slow in resolving the issue. No direct telephone number for customer service.

Response from Pabau

Hi Soumendra

Firstly, we are constantly updating the software, and with the amount of new features that we are shipping there will always be the odd bug appear, the good news is, we also have a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes focusing on testing / qa so we expect the small issues you are seeing to dissipate. With regards to customer support, you can always request a telephone call and the guys will immediately call you back or offer a video call, just visit support.pabau.com -> live chat - or submit a ticket via mytickets.pabau.com

Top Pabau Alternatives

Ellysa

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Why I subscribed to Pabau

The on boarding and training team have been very professional and prompt with correspondence.

Pros

There are many features I could not find in other software. Particularly the use of consultation templates to reduce note writing time, photography with the assistance of stencils to always obtain the correct patient view (very good for before and after photos), integration of drug look up, the ability to assign permissions for data view amongst staff and online booking. Everything is customisable. There is a whole suite of tools to match the demands of my growing business.

Cons

I would have preferred the option of a free trail period to play around with the application pre subscription. However, I can see that I would have flounder without the online training provided. There is a learning curve steeper than other applications.

Power Diary

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

I have used timely in another practice and while user friendly it lacked the additional features beneficial to my aesthetics business

Timely

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

More feature to grow my business

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Giorgia

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Great software

I need to get accustomed more with it, but overall so far I have had a good experience. Thank you!

Pros

The software without doubt is vast but pretty much intuitive. After the initial training all made much more sense and if in doubt I can always watch again the recordings.
What I like the most is the integrated function to make your own marketing campaigns and the loyalty points you can give to your patients when they refer friends, without counting my practice is now paperless and I don't have to take folders with me in different clinics!

Cons

I would have preferred if the payment system could offer more methods rather than just Stripe.
This might be something the developers can look into it.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Giorgia!

The idea for more payment providers is excellent!
Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page.

Replied 1/09/2021
Nick

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Appalling customer service

Terrible customer service. Brittle product. No contact number

Pros

Pretty Logo and when it works it’s ok. Remains brittle

Cons

Unreliable and has taken the “support team’ 7 days to even acknowledge that since a software update the system crashes totally crippling my busy clinic. There is no customer service number and my in house IT service has spent hours convincing them that they have a problem.

Response from Pabau

Hi Nick

Sorry to hear you have been having problems. I would love you to have a meeting with one of our senior leadership team to discuss these issues. Please email [email protected] and arrange a 121 and we will endeavor to turn this around.

Kane

Replied 9/04/2024
Carissa

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

One stop shop!!!

The reporting functions are a game changer!

Pros

Pabau is intuitive, user friendly and packed with features. We have researched the top 10 practice software programs and it by FAR out ways all the rest. SO EXCITED

Cons

We are only in the early stages of use but so far have not found anything that we don't like or can't find a work around for.

Cliniko, Nookal and coreplus

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

Our previous system was ok but we needed too many additional "add on's" in order to continue to grow our business and service our customers. Pabau is a one stop shop.

Cliniko

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

Pabau is innovative, intuitive, and will enable our business to continue to grow whilst creating a much better user experience for staff, clinicians and our clients.

Replied 1/10/2021
Lisa

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

New User Review

as I’m new to Pabau and I have only scratched the surface but I already know that once i utilise all the functions (especially the marketing features) my business is going to grow so that I can do aesthetics full time.

Pros

I’ve tried several platforms for managing appointments, consent forms and clinic notes and i felt that they always lacked the marketing aspect. Pabau has everything under one platform and I especially like the client loyalty scheme as I’ve tried loyalty card which didn’t work as client were constantly loosing them to forgetting to bring them. I also like the marketing tool as i had always wanted to create a monthly news letter but didn’t know where to start. Looking forward to growing my business with Pabau.

Cons

I would be good if there were bite sized tutorials available on line to help set up the system and also to help clinics make the most of this amazing platform.

Forest Admin

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

A friend who uses Forest suggested i look at Pabau as she knows a lot of clinics who use it and said she thought it offered better value for money and she is considering switching.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Lisa ! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

We also offer free webinar on multiple topics for the system, find these in Setup-Training and register!

Replied 21/10/2021
Mel
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Perfect for aesthetic clinics

Really helpful staff, very responsive to emails and sorted any issues out promptly. Lots of helpful how to guides.

Pros

Everything in one place - booking, patients, consultations, photography, images, services, pricing etc

Cons

Took longer to set up than I thought as multiple meetings/set up spaced out

Response from Pabau

Thanks for the review Mel

I'd advise hat to further get more out of the system make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com and remember you can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:-

Katherine
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

New client

Pros

Good onboarding and customer follow up. Responsive to queries and requests

Cons

Some of it doesn't seem to be that user friendly or intuitive. Have had to contact a few times to make straight forward changes that I would have thought would already be sorted.

Response from Pabau

Thanks for the review Katherine

Make sure you have checked our new lessons on https://academy.pabau.com and remember you can book 121 success meetings to make sure you are getting the most out of our system anytime here:-

Reviewed on 2/02/2021

Pabau 8 months in

I have it working well now for my practice. Still learning new things. It gives me a lot of control over my practice, eg creating or booking extra appointments, answering queries from patient record from my secretaries email. I use iPad integration a lot for photographing skin lesions pre-surgery.

Pros

Ability to customise your practice, appointment types, lengths, pre-care, specific templates for services, after care emails, prescribing online, recalls. In short, there are a lot of features!!!
Lots of education available to teach you how to get the most out of it. Very responsive support team.

Cons

It takes a lot of effort to get things working as you want them with a fair amount of trial and error. Pabau can assist but it does pay to spend time learning the system. Some teething problems initially and after the upgrades.

Semble

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

Wanted more features, online booking, photo integration, etc

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

More features. More development. Had seen a clinic using it which gave some confidence, then a positive demo.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Paul! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help.

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

Getting better......

Mixed bag. When it's good, it's great (just got into using the online Questionnaires and Consents, which were nowhere near as daunting as I thought they would be). The focus on client service has also greatly improved in recent times - the operators genuinely try to help, and are polite and courteous. The training webinars are a great idea too.

Pros

The integration of various facets of running our practice.

Cons

The down times, or the times when it lags significantly, which occur too often. Also, the basic SLA terms are limited, and even the more advanced SLA you can pay for only gives a certain (and fairly small) amount of cover. But of ocurse that wouldn't matter if there weren't downtimes, or slowness.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much!

We are in the process of building Pabau 2 which will be more powerful and faster in every aspect.

We have also worked to move many clinics to a designated domain and server to make sure thigs are faster and smoother than ever.

If you have any suggestions that you want to give for this do send them to our community page so the team can review them.

Carleigh
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

I am holding my breath they will debug the software, but I won't be able to hold it much...

Again, excellent customer service. I SO badly want them to figure it out, but I am afraid if they don't figure it out by the end of the month, I will be forced to move platforms, which is Incredibly disappointing and time-consuming. I will contest my credit card charge if it's not sorted out because they have delivered a faulty product that does not function.

Pros

Great customer service. In THEORY its a great software with SO many amazing features. But the bugs make it IMPOSSIBLE to use in practice.

Cons

You can't use the software because the bugs make it impossible to chart and schedule. These are the main ingredients to running a clinic.

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Pabau

I wanted before and after photo cabability and I wanted internal marketing/emails

Practice Better

Reasons for Switching to Pabau

It seemed more robust, with a better client experience and the features I needed.

Response from Pabau

Hey Carleigh

I know your review was sometime ago when we had just launched the new online bookings that took some setting up to get right. Hopefully you have found your flow with the system now? If so we would love an updated review, and if your still having problems, please book in with my team, 21 hours a day, on the following link: https://support.pabau.com/meetings/pabau/success-meeting

Replied 9/04/2024
Natalie

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Excellent software

pleased

Pros

Our company has used pabau software for 2 years. The services Pabau provides our company is first class to the text reminders, to the paperless consent forms and documentation to the online booking - it has given our clinic a professional look and we are very pleased with the system.

Cons

Customer service support emails take a while to reply (sometimes 3 - 4 days) I have had an existing problem that’s still not been rectified - my consent forms when detailing where I’ve injected on the diagram when saved if I go back in the drawings all my documentation has moved to the right.

That you can only use on Apple iPad and can only download from Apple store.

Response from Pabau

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review.
Here at Pabau we have a support team that at the moment respond in less than 2 minutes that can help guide you and help you correct any mistakes you have made!
Do not hesitate to contact us for any reason!
Over the last 3 months, our customer satisfaction ratings on our live chat have been above 95%, with an average 1 minute first response time and 25 minutes to fully resolve issues. We have dealt with over 21 thousand conversations in the last year, so hopefully you will not hesitate to contact us with all issues big and small!

We have been developing a new marketing leading app for over 1.5 years here is a link to a demo s you can have a look at it.

Replied 14/05/2021
Sue

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Problems, problems, problems

I have been using Pabau now for 8 months as I wanted a system that was mobile and would offer me a paper free environment. Pabau promised so much but has so far under-delivered. The main desktop version is fine for booking appointments and creating invoices but using the database for marketing within Pabau is not good. The mobile app is useless. I am constantly contact support because one thing or another fails to work. In the past 8 months I have had problems on a weekly basis. I am now unable to upload photographs onto patient notes and the app constantly freezes and crashes. I also wanted a reliable way of creating digital consent forms. This is currently working fine. The support guys are friendly but they are rarely able to sort out any problems. Instead they just report the problem to the developers. After 8 months of problems I am almost at the end of my tether. I often wish I had stayed with my old cloud based system. Clinic Office may not have offered all the fancy advantages, but it was a stable system and it was reliable. In 3 years I think I only had to report a problem once or twice and the problem was dealt with there and then. I will stick with Pabau a while longer because it is too stressful to change software again and if Pabau finally sort out these ongoing problems I will happily come back and update my review but at the moment, I only give it 2 stars.

Pros

Offers a lot of functions

Cons

It is unstable and a lot of the functions either do not work or keep crashing the programme.

Response from Pabau

Thank you for the review Sue!

We have been developing a new marketing leading app for over 1.5 years here is a link to alive Demo so you can see what it offers.

We have also launched Advanced Marketing so do reach out to us to see about using this powerful marketing tool if you need a boost there.

As we are the process of building Pabau form the ground up to be a more reliable and faster system please fell free to post any ideas you have in the community forum.

Julie

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Comprehensive logical system

Very good. Training and guidance material within the software has improved over the time we have been using it. We need to learn about more of the features to get the most from using Pabau, but we are now working on this.

Pros

Functionality and flexibility is extremely good and regular updates and additions means we can advance our business in line with our industry. Overall we can tailor so many elements to fit our operations precisely.

Cons

Some key pieces of information - ie telephone number is presented in small fonts. Would like to find a way to adjust this - maybe there is a way and we are missing it.

Phorest

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much!
We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything such as the Font issue you mentioned, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Maria

Reviewed on 2/02/2021

Leader in clinic software

The staff are always willing to help, my experience has been mixed when it’s working it’s excellent but when there are hiccups is disastrous (more the fact that we can’t work without it). I would describe it as a love hate relationship.

Pros

I like how I can manage the day to day running of the clinic having all the tools and technology at the touch of a button. I also like how visual the software is making it user friendly.

Cons

I find the set up very technical which is frustrating because I could get so much more from PABAU. I have been with PABAU since its infant years and there has been numerous updates which we just can’t keep up with. It would be good to speak to someone as email communication is not always desirable.

Response from Pabau

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review.
Here at Pabau we have a support team that at the moment respond in less than 2 minutes that can help guide you and help you. We also do phone calls so feel free to request one if you need to!

We are also always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

Hrafnkell

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

The best in market

Very positive and we plan to stay with them long-term.

Pros

Pabau has more functionality and flexibility than any other similar product on the market I know of. The customer support is instantaneous through messaging or phone - we always get instant help if we have any issues and the team are polite and try their best every time. The program is also in constant development and Pabau listens and reacts well to development requests, when needed.

Cons

The marketing and retargeting aspect of the software can be developed more, but has come on leaps and bounds this past year or so. It is now a very powerful tool for this purpose as well as all it's other great functionality.

kate

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Excellent clinical system

Overall happy with the software.

Pros

The patient calendar is easier to use. I like the fact you can type in a patients mobile when you miss a call and you can then see who has called. The app system is also very good.
The reporting system is excellent and allows for you to do many different reports.
The sms to patients to remind them of their appointment is also a very important aspect and works really well.

Cons

It would be more practical on the journey section if it was easier to navigate to the client details. It would make sense if there was a tab that appears when the practitioner enters the pin to access the treatment forms.

Response from Pabau

Hi Kate

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. In regards to your comments about the patient journey, we are currently rebuilding our system as well as the app, so please head over to community.pabau.com and leave your feedback so that it can be considered for the future build.

Thanks
Kane

Replied 25/10/2021
Saied
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Great Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an excellent at his job and as part of the Onboarding Team he takes his role very seriously and was available at all times I got stuck - Thank you so much

Pros

Pabau is a complete practice management application and its right up our street - does what it says on the box and more. and love the features on the application, Very good online security and can manage all the services from one page, and the patient management is superb.

Cons

They need to intergrate other online payment option as STRIPE and our current provider means we have to cost to meet - yes I can cancel the other but we have a better deal with the current provider

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Saied!

The idea for more payment providers is excellent!
Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve at out community page.

Replied 1/09/2021

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Great training with alex

Overall reliable and many functionalities. Try to get as much training as possible to use it to its full potential

Pros

There are a lot of features with this software and it is worth persisting until you know how to use all of them as there are many functions condensed in 1 platform

Great training with Alex that now means we understand how to use this software far better than before

Cons

challenging to use and not the most intuitive

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Sarah! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

We are always happy to offer as much training as is required and have over 10 live webinars you can join to get the very best out of Pabau, you can find these in Setup > Training.

Feel free to email [email protected] to get free training so you can get the best out of it and have more ease of use!

Replied 15/04/2022
Karolina

Reviewed on 7/12/2021

Great Software

Happy!

Pros

I have been using Pabau previously and I can honestly recommend it. Its a user friendly software with great customer support.

Cons

The changes that have been made removing some quite functional tools that have been available in the past. The clinics should be consulted when major changes are made.

Response from Pabau

Thank you so much Karolina! We look forward to seeing your clinic grow with Pabau, if you need anything, then reach out on live chat and we will be happy to help!

Do feel free to give any idea you have on how to improve on our community page.

Replied 13/04/2022
sarah

Reviewed on 1/08/2022

[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

online help is not very responsive, they cant seam to pick up a call. I would expect a call center for the amount of the monthly charge

Pros

better than my previous, other than that not much to rave about.

Cons

reporting is complicated, nothing adds up? so you never know if you are paying the right commission.

Response from Pabau

Hi Sarah,

I'm very sorry to hear that you aren't delighted by our system.

If you are having problems with our reporting features, please reach out to our support team who will be happy to schedule some one-on-one training with our of our product experts.

Additionally, we have put in a lot of time and effort to improving the response time of our live chat system, which at the time of your review was still fairly new to our operations.

Hopefully you are a little happier after these improvements, but if not, please don't hesitate to reach out to us with detailed feedback, and we will look to see how things can be further improved.

Replied 16/08/2022
Sue

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

Best clinic software on the market

It has made clinic management a lot easier

Pros

This software pulls together a lot of features from clinic management to physician notes and it is constantly updating and introducing more features making it the best clinic management software around.

Cons

Every year I have to produce an annual audit of my treatments. This is extremely time consuming as their are no reports that can help me with this. I would also like the option to bulk archive patients that have not visited the clinic for over three years.

Response from Pabau

We are planning to have new and improved Reports in the new Pabau 2.

cheryl

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

using pabau

No paper notes to store, all information together, easy to book in patients. It took time to get use to it but once I did, it saved me so much time.

Pros

Having a diary, calender and patient notes on one system. It made it easier to keep and store patient notes.
Easy to add new treatment consents on. I have it on my phone, ipad and laptop.

Cons

I find creating newsletters quite challenging

Response from Pabau

Feel free to email [email protected] to get free training on any areas of interest to you such as how to create beautiful newsletters!