Flipsnack Reviews

About Flipsnack

Flipsnack is a web application that allows users to create interactive digital publications such as magazines, brochures, flyers, and product catalogs, directly in the browser. They can design their page flip publications...

4.2

Browse Flipsnack Reviews

Michelle
Michelle
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Love Flipsnack

Happy that I decided to go with flip snack. As previously mentioned their interface is very user friendly and its a great program to create online catalogs!!

Pros

I use flipsnack to make a online catalog for work. It is perfect for doing so and makes the catalog very easy to share. The interface is very user friendly and easy to use. Definitely was a great decision to go with flipsnack and i would recommend anyone to do the same!

Cons

Missing some features such as being able to change the size after the catalog is already made however when looking for a feature you can easily message their support team. They are so responsive and great!

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you Michelle! What a wonderful review!

Replied 3/12/2018
Jessica
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Perfect for annual reports & e-booklets!

Pros

Flipsnack is incredibly user-friendly -- for those creating with it and those consuming content. It's the perfect tool for our nonprofit for making flip-able e-books of things like annual reports and meeting booklets.

Cons

The only downside is the limit on catalogues we can make -- but that just means we are using the software more than we expected and probably need to upgrade our subscription!

Flip PDF Plus

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Flipsnack looked more professional in the final product.

Response from Flipsnack

And perfect for you! Hi, Jessica! Thank you so much for the kind words and the 5 star review. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Replied 22/10/2019
Dan
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Text editor bug is a huge problem

Awful customer service. Clearly outsourced oversees and with little knowledge of the product. No phone number available to call. Waste of time.

Pros

Very little. Basic functions work ok.

Cons

For weeks I have been going in circles with customer service having to prove that the view one sees in their EDITOR mode is different from the published mode. In short, the text box formatting has a bug and you cannot access the html to correct it.

I have sent them several screen shots of the two and the obvious discrepancy and I have been getting back lame answers, mainly blaming me. Today they admitted to the bug. But clearly others would have encountered an error simply caused by coping text boxes! Awful.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dan,

We're really sorry you had an unpleasant experience on our platform, but I can assure you we are doing the best we can in order to fix the issue that you are currently encountering.

We always try to help our customers the best we can, but it seems like we missed some details along the way regarding the issue you have encountered, and we are truly sorry about this.

Our main purpose is to help our customers reach their goals. While our team tried to investigate and even replicate this issue, we were unable to reproduce the same behavior on our end, regardless of how many times we tried.

In regards to this issue, I promise you that we are not going to overlook the inconvenience you have encountered or place the blame on you, but on the contrary, we are going to do the best we can in order to fix it and to make sure you have a great time on our platform.

Replied 20/06/2019

Top Flipsnack Alternatives

Adobe Digital Publishing Suite

Richard
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Using for Professional Development

BEgan using the free version for one year, then wanted to expand offerings and have been very pleased with the basic vpaid version value for money.

Pros

The way you travel through the information presented is much better than a standard scrolling presentation.

Cons

The platform takes a little while to become comfortable with navigation.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your great review!

Replied 14/01/2020
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

I really like this, but could be better

Its a good experience

Pros

Its very easy to use and to adapt to your needs, you have many options to use.

Cons

The page where the flyer is, could be better, like ipaper as an example, you have the flyer in fullscreen.
On Flipsnack thats not possible. (Unless when you pay u have that possibility)

iPaper

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Saying it like, you are the best in the market, in terms that you have a free option.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, We're very happy that you're enjoying your experience with us. We will certainly take into consideration your recommendation. Thank you for your review!

Replied 14/10/2020
Brandi
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

I love FlipSnack!

It is so much better to view a newsletter in FLipsNack than just view a pdf and scroll.

Pros

Very easy to use and understand. I switched to this app because AnyFLip sucks.

Cons

I haven't found any dislikes as of yet.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Brandi, We are so happy that you are enjoying our features and that Flipsnack is the right platform for you. Thank you for your review!

Replied 20/04/2021
Jill
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Great for Sending Qualifications and Proposals

Flipsnack has provided a visually appealing way to present our firm's qualifications. Sharing it is simple. Our project executives love having the option to send a PDF as well as an interactive link to prospects outside of our four walls.

Pros

I love that I can send a interactive and engaging presentation of qualifications document in an easy link. Creating the flip book is quick and easy. I like that I can keep links private so I can share it only with those I wish to access it.

Cons

The ability to edit pages or add pages after publication is a little clunky. Usually I simply delete and start over if there are substantial changes to pages within each document.

Issuu

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

Pricing for Flipsnack was better than Issuu.

Response from Flipsnack

Thanks for the review, Jill! We are constantly trying to improve our platform based on the suggestions of our users and your feedback helps us a lot!

Replied 25/09/2023
Sarah Jane
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Flipsnack for the win!

Flipsnack helps me to share information and hold archival records for a volunteer-run arts organisation with no funding. The decent price point combined with the usability, professional look and great customer service mean I don't ever want to use another service.

Pros

Amazing customer service. On a particularly stressful issue, (which was my own fault!) I found the customer service to be understanding, human and helpful. A solution was quickly found and I was talked all the way through the process. Professional and clean appearance to audience/viewers.Super easy to upload content and export outcomes - it is a very usable platform interface.Ability to embed published books on websites as well as share links to Flipsnack.

Cons

The pre-made packages are quite restrictive.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review and feedback, Sarah Jane. It helps us a lot! We are so happy you like Flipsnack!

Replied 24/07/2023
Pritam
Pritam
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 26/02/2023

Great platform for me

I would highly recommend Flipsnack for those who want to create high-quality digital publications quickly and easily. It is especially great for businesses that need to bring printed catalogs to digital customers and engage their customers with powerful features.

Pros

Flipsnack is incredibly easy to use, even for those without any design experience. It also has a wide selection of templates and tools that make it easy to create professional-looking publications. Additionally, Flipsnack offers powerful features such as shopping buttons, videos, GIFs, and enticing pop-ups that make it easy to engage customers.

Cons

Flipsnack can be expensive for some users, especially those that need a full suite of features. It also lacks some of the customization options that more advanced users may desire. Additionally, Flipsnack can be slow to load, which can be frustrating for some users.

Response from Flipsnack

Pritam, thank you so much for the review—your feedback regarding the cost of Flipsnack for some users and the need for more advanced customization options.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by slow loading times. We understand how frustrating this can be and are constantly working to improve the speed and performance of our platform.

Your kind words made our day! Thanks for recommending Flipsnack to others. ����

Replied 9/03/2023
Shawn
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

We Love FlipSnack

Pros

This application makes publishing much easier.

Cons

I can not think of anything at this time.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for your review, Shawn!

I'm super happy to hear that you find publishing to be easier when using Flipsnack!

Replied 10/11/2023
Eduardo
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 7/03/2020

Eduardo Lina: My review of Flipsnack

It is very good indeed. I have been using the product for the Six-Year Kugel High School for several years. The school management is quite happy with what I have created because it gives us the possibility of documenting lots of school activities in a way that neither Facebook nor the school site does. I have also used Flipsnack to document other learning activities. Flipsnack allows me to share them easily and have the contents organized the way I want to.

Pros

I like the different options for creating Digital books/ Brochures , etc. I find the new Flipsnach very easy and convenient to use when I create Digital Books in BOTH Hebrew and English. The same happened when I created Digital Books in Spanish with the old version a couple of years ago, too.

Cons

The uploading text feature for Hebrew needs improving. Since Hebrew is written right to left, I have to use the function that moves the text to the right so that sentences begin on the right part of a page. The problem, however, is that punctuation marks still appear as if the writing was done in English / Spanish, etc. (Latin Characters). Sentences that en in mid-line appear as if they were written from right to left. Appropriate fonts for Hebrew might be added, too. I guess the same applies for Arabic writing.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Eduardo,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us a great review, and bringing the punctuation issue to light. We were unaware of this problem, but we'll see what we can do to fix it ASAP. We'll keep you updated on the progress.

Replied 10/03/2020
Jeffrey
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

Flipsnack provides a turnkey solution that makes my firm look cutting edge.

Pros

It's ridiculously easy to use and has a high WOW factor. My clients think this takes day to do and that I must be a graphic designer.

Cons

I wish they provided more templated background options.

FlippingBook Online

Reasons for Choosing Flipsnack

Pricing and options

FlippingBook Online

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review. Your feedback helps us a lot!

Replied 15/11/2022
Sujee

Flipsnack review

It has been great. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a simple, yet quality way to showcase any literature, videos or promoting any of their product/services.

Pros

You don't need to be tech savvy to get started. There are beautiful templates ready for you and a lot of options to customize. Publishing is simple and the entire process from creating to publishing is straightforward.

Also, love the option to download PDF and JPG versions of the flipbooks. I use it a lot when I'm creating a flyer or poster for a project I'm working on.

Cons

There can be minor lags when opening up the flipbook and it would be great if we can get a table of contents widget as an option when building a flipbook from scratch, rather than only having that option available when uploading a PDF.

I would love to see more regular updates with new templates.

Response from Flipsnack

Awesome review and awesome suggestions! Thank you!

Replied 23/01/2019
Lauren
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

First time creating a flipbook -- easy!

In general, Flipsnack has been easy to use. This is my first time creating flipbooks. I would love if Flipsnack could also assist with designs and make the editing process easier. It would be great to actually go into my test and make small edits.

Pros

All you have to do is create the pdf and upload. Easy to send a link.

Cons

The links didn't copy over from the pdf. I have to remember to add them in the finished flipbook online. Also couldn't figure out for a while how to not let clients see our other flipbooks. In addition, difficult to figure out how to edit the flipbook online (rather than deleting and uploading a new one).

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Lauren,
Please contact our support about the links situation. If they are added correctly as hyperlinks in the PDF they will be automatically imported in the flipbook, thus save you a lot of time. We'll probably ask for a sample PDF, test it out and see if there's a problem on our end, or we may have suggestions on how to add hyperlinks in the PDF.
We'll also keep your other suggestion in mind, regarding a design service team.
Thank you so much for giving us feedback!

Replied 25/01/2019
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Flipsnack is a great online tool to improve your digital footprint

Overall, it is a great platform and allows us to improve the digital aspect of the business.

Pros

Flipsnack is a fairly simple to deploy software that allows for a more professional means of publication, presentation and online catalogues. The online application is quite decently priced if you purchase a yearly subscription and for those that only need the basic elements there is also a neat free version for the above mentioned uses. We loved the ease of use and the great customer service on the platform as well as how easy and secure the payment portal was.

Cons

If you are a subscribed member of Flipsnack you will know that there are quite a few unlisted features in the comparisons table before purchase. This unfortunately can be a little misleading and make your decision after payment feel a little "cheeky"... *Hint - just go for the enterprise package if you want access to all the features of the platform such as a personalised favicon and subdomain URL. MP4 files cannot be uploaded to any Flipsnack document unless you are a enterprise member however you can run it videos through YouTube instead, so perhaps start a YouTube channel if you want to use video in you presentations / catalogues. The software can be a little buggy at times and does require a little bit of time and resource to iron out the kinks.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, Thank you for your review! We will certainly take into consideration your recommendation. We are continuously improving Flipsnack, so stay tuned for more updates!

Replied 30/03/2021
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Easy to use and consistent

Overall this software is a great tool to present any publication or multi-page collateral. It's a great way to save on printing costs. There is nothing like holding an actual printed book, but for quick digital viewing, this is the best alternative.

Pros

It is very easy to upload your PDF of your book and be confident it will show up exactly how you'd like to present it. There are several easy to understand settings for how to set-up the look & function of your e-book. You can even choose them to be auto-default settings so you don't need to select them every time. There are lots of interactivity features like a Video Widget and auto-finding missing links.

Cons

I haven't ever used it to design the pages from scratch. I always design in Adobe InDesign and just upload a PDF to flipsnack. So I don't know if it has good design features for initial page layout. The one thing that would be nice, is if there was another feature for not just books/magazines, but for folded collateral like a mailed newsletter or brochure, etc. If there was a way to animate for multi-panel designs, like have them unfold and present on the screen the way you would view if it were printed.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review. Your feedback helps us a lot, and it will be discussed with the team. We are pleased to know you find Flipsnack easy to use and that it helps you with your presentations.

Replied 19/12/2022
Thomas
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Great option for sharing documents

Our documents are really big files, so being able to send the links rather than the files has meant we can now email all our promotional materials to clients really easily!

Pros

We love how easy it is to share all of our promotional material with our clients. The page turning effects are really eye catching and the ability to add video content, and enable download is really important for sales.

Cons

We want to keep all of our documents unlisted, but sometimes we forget to do this, it would be good to have the option to create default set up's as we also forget to list for download sometimes as well. It is easy to go back and change this fortunately though.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Thomas! Thank you very much for your awesome review. The default options feature is a great idea! We will definitely pass it on to our developing team.

Replied 22/05/2019
Debra
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Houston Community College Central's review of Flipsnack

It's been a true asset to my department's work. It elevates my work and is always well received. Internal constituents want to make sure their items are in it. That tells me they like the product and want to be a part of it.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. Uploading a finished pdf. is simple and the end results are impressive. People have enjoyed looking at flip books I create at the start of the month to promote college events. It elevates basic fliers to a nice, newer level and makes viewing more fun.

Cons

What needs to be improved: 1). Basic background choices (not enough color options or textures), 2). The ability to add video clips. 3). Greater detail on how long a person views a page, etc. 4). It should also work like Constant Contact (CC) and allow for distribution lists so I can send a flip book directly without CC.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review. It helps us a lot! All your suggestions will be discussed with the team.

Replied 20/12/2022
Dean

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Really easy to use, and gives your business a more professional asthetic when designing.

It is a great time saving tool and also gives someone with little experience the opportunity to be able to design content with a lot of assistance and the searchable templates give great guidance on creating professional looking designs.

Pros

I like the searchable templates as they are a great source of inspiration when you haven't got all day to be able to start from scratch on each design task!

Cons

I think that the arrangement, adjustment and editing of individual images would be great if more functionality was added. Mirror flip and degree rotation would be a great addition.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your kind words! We're so happy that you're enjoying Flipsnack and that you're using our templates. Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack features. Stay tooned for more!

Replied 20/07/2020
Marie

Awesome software

Excellent customer service. If I have a question someone gets back to me right away and walks me through the steps. This program makes it easy for my customers to see what products I have on hand and saves me a lot of time.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how quickly I can update my catalogs.

Cons

I sometimes find it slow to go between pages but it could have something to do with the images I put on which make it take longer to load.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the kind review, Marie!
You are right about the images. You can optimize them for quick loading using tinyjpg.com

Replied 23/01/2019
Annika
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

Client Magazines on Flipsnack

Pros

I enjoy the page flipping experience. It feels like an upgrade from a regular pdf attached to an email.

Cons

I want to send my publication straight to clients in full-screen mode without flipsnack branding or anything else on the page.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your review! If you need assistance with the situation you mentioned, please contact our support team via live chat or email at [email protected].

Replied 25/09/2023
Nicole

Reviewed on 5/03/2020

FLIPSNACK IS A BIG PART OF MY BUSINESS

LOVE IT

Pros

LOOKS GOOD AND EASY TO USE WE USE IT FOR A LOT OF MARKETING IN OUR OFFICE

Cons

I HONESTLY COULDN'T TELL YOU THAT I HAVE A NEGATIVE

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Nicole!
We very much appreciate your kind words and amazing review!

Replied 10/03/2020
Sorin
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Flipsnack for Fashion Industry

Pros

Great functionality and quality. The updates of the catalogs is very easy

Cons

Does not have afunctionality twith starts or other method of selecting the items you like and review them later

Response from Flipsnack

Thanks for the feedback, Sorin. It helps us a lot to improve Flipsnack in the future!

Replied 15/11/2022
Stephanie
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

A Good Solution for Creating PDF Booklets

Flipsnack has been a good beginning solution for us. We needed to be able to provide potential and existing customers with an easier to read option for our catalogs and ebooks. Flipsnack was easy to use and implement and we never had any problems with our customers being able to view the products. It gives it that final professional touch!

Pros

It's simple to upload and converts quickly. I like that it has an editor in the app and that you can have interactive links in the booklet. I also like that it gives viewers the option to download a pdf version.

Cons

I wish you could customize the URL. This is only available with the highest paid plan.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy to hear that Flipsnack is a good solution for you

Replied 10/12/2018
Ronda

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Why I use Flipsnack

I have used Flipsnack for several catalogs and it is fairly easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use. It was fairly easy to use.

Cons

Would love for there to be integration with Canva as that is what I use for page design.

Issuu

Reasons for Switching to Flipsnack

It seemed easier to learn.

Response from Flipsnack

Your feedback helps us a lot, Ronda! Your suggestion will be discussed with the team.

Replied 20/12/2022