Google Contacts Reviews

About Google Contacts

Google Contacts is a cloud-based solution that allows enterprises to store and manage contacts in a built-in directory. Professionals can create/import new contacts with details such as mailing address, phone number or directory...

Browse Google Contacts Reviews

Reviewed on 1/05/2021

Not impermeable but at always present

Privacy be damned...I'd rather have my contacts secured, safe in the Google-sphered every SINGLE time I've needed them, wanted them, looked for them, or lost them. They're never leaving you alone now, and they will be "openly" deceitful about it, but at least you have 971 more people to complain to that about!

Pros

Google makes phone switches, losses, steals, or the panic the second you drop your phone on to the hard sidewalk (it's never over the couch) a thing of the past...well at least as far as data backups are concerned. Even when I wasn't prepared to have a phone "die" on me, Google's contacts always *always* have made the switch with me, and usually before me, and usually without my help. It's a huge relief to know my 971 contacts are safely backed up, considering I don't know or remember who half of them are anymore, but at least thanks to the ease and functionality of Google, I can keep those numbers until I want to kick em to the curb *but not literally speaking this time!

Cons

The software is so invasive and shady about their privacy and permissions, they make everything seem up front with their brightly colored and long worded explanations that are 13 layers of inception deep, but getting to ALL the places you need to in order to turn off/change some of the privacy features is a really hidden hiccup.

Yaco
Yaco
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

You can be sure your contacts are safe and ready to go

I have used it for several projects and teams, and it has worked wonderfully.

Pros

The speed and quality of the service. Google servers are super quick and reliable to store sensitive information. With Google contacts I can be sure all my team has all the data needed to contact a client

Cons

I didn't like the design on desktop. On the apps it feels way better than the desktop version.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 8/05/2020

Can't not use it. But I wish they'd make some improvements.

I don't find Google Contacts to be the easiest thing to navigate or do what I want to do (too many clicks to add someone to a group, for instance), but it's aesthetically appealing and gets the job done. I can't get around using it and I have to admit the group function (while clunky) is indispensable for me at this point.

Pros

Obviously it very easily integrates with the whole Google suite, which is great. And I like being able to set up groups to easily send to.

Cons

You can't select WHICH address for someone you want included in a group. So if you know someone from work and personal life and you want a specific address in different groups, you can't do that. It's maddening.

Top Google Contacts Alternatives

Shared Contacts for Gmail

Google Calendar

Alison
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Great contacts software

Synch is easy as is finding and searching for a contact. Would not be without google contacts.

Pros

Contacts are synchronised on desktop computer and mobile. When changing mobile phone contacts are not lost as you just add your Google account and contacts are there.

Cons

Nothing not to like it is spot on for everything

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Google Contacts is a great resource for contact storage and management

Pros

Google contacts keeps contacts serviceable across multiple devices and allows for pictures to be inserted. I enjoy its ability to divide contacts into categories.

Cons

I don't like the fact that so much information about so many people is stored online.

Allen
Allen

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Basic and effective contact management - not a CRM

Pros

Its easy to just enter and modify the fields, it integrates with gmail, sheets and other gsuite apps. Best is that I can connect it to my CRM to do effective contact management.

Cons

nothing not to like - its a rolodex in your phone/on your desktop.

Kimberly
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Like a Modern Rolodex+!

Pros

Organizing is my thing.
Clients to share my calendars, pics, and notes with as an all in one; the fact all of it looks pretty monotonous to repeat so low in maintenance . And definitely the live location sharing available.

Cons

The sheer amount of time it takes to enter information into the database.
It lags out my phone. And not as completely versatile as I'd like it.

Ofomata
Ofomata
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 9/09/2023

Experiences with Google Contacts

My experience with Google Contacts have been great so far. It has really helpful features that I've gotten used to.

Pros

I like the simple interface and ease of use. The ability to backup and sync my contacts across my devices is quite impressive.

Cons

I think the only downside of Google Contacts is that I don't get to see my most relevant contacts first.

Akash
Akash
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Best Contact Management Platform for Every User

Pros

Easy to use, with cloud sync support, Access to anywhere. Overall its a good product for me.

Cons

This time for me no dislike and cons for this app.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 18/11/2023

Keep in Touch with Anyone with Google Contacts

Pros

The thing I like most about Google Contacts is it keeps my important information in one place. I like that when I am about to contact someone, it will automatically show me a list of contacts that I recently used. I can call, chat, or email anyone in my contacts.

Cons

The least thing I don't like about Google Contacts is it doesn't automatically delete contacts that I don't use, so I have to manually delete them myself.

Mona
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

My go-to contact organization system

Have used it for years, and have no complaints. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to keep their contact list organized, and handy. You can import from many different formats, or just type them in one-by-one, if that's easier for you. Take the time to do it, it will be worth it, for peace of mind, knowing the data is safe and secure, and easily retrieved.

Pros

Google Contacts has been my contact management system for many years. It replaces any need for your old-fashioned personal address book, or spreadsheet-listing of contacts. It offers a large number of standard contact-related fields. Certainly, there are enough fields for everyone to find what they need, in terms of their contact-management. Obviously name/address/multiple phones/emails. But they also have date fields for important events, notes for copious comments, and it's easy to upload a photo, or if the user has a Google account, their default photo will come in. Further, you can group contacts as you see fit. I.e., if you want separate personal from business, you can. Or if you want a quick way to see all of your doctors, or any other subset of your contact list. Best of all, smart phones know how to sync with Google Contacts. My husband and I share one contacts list and the auto-sync is perfect for us. Either one of us can make a change or an addition, and the other receives the change in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Really no complaints. I haven't found anything to be lacking. All of contacts-management needs are fully met.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 21/03/2021

Great Software for Organizing Your Contacts!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the layout of the screen on which all of one's contacts can be found, which ultimately allows for a simple and efficient search for a piece of contact information when it is needed. This software serves as an excellent tool in terms of being able to save important phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and the like. What I also very much like about this software is that a user is able to sync his or her contact information from their smartphone, for instance, onto the Google cloud, which would in turn allow that individual to keep their vital contact information safe in case their smartphone, tablet, or similar device gets lost. Once that individual gets a new device, he or she would be able to obtain their entire contact list and sync it to the new device from the Google cloud, as long as all of the contact information was saved beforehand. As such, I would undoubtedly recommend this software to anyone who has an important contact list and is interested in saving it in the cloud such that it would never get lost.

Cons

There is honestly nothing that I do not like about this software due to the fact that it is about to carry out all of its expected functionalities in a consistent manner without any glitches, at least in my experience using it for quite a while now. All this software is made to do is to store contact information, and it does that task exceptionally well, even more so that other alternatives such as the typical contacts app on a standard smartphone, which in most cases would only store that information locally, instead of being stored on the cloud. All of this reasoning is why I have not much to report on the negative front in regards to this particular software.

Ayham

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Use Google Contacts and save your contacts forever

The integration of Google Apps and extensions has been always excellent and perfect for someone like me who works as an accountant and has daily contact with clients. Adding Google Contacts has made many tasks easier for me. Everything is ready in one click. See all contacts with phone numbers and two email addresses. So I highly recommend Google Contacts.

Pros

Storing your contacts in one place and restoring them at any time is one of the most prominent features of Google Contacts, plus there is no fear of losing contacts on your phone, whether the phone is lost or broken, you can download all your contacts in one click. Google Contacts is an easy-to-use and reliable tool that integrates perfectly with Gmail. With Google Contacts you can create personal mailing lists, which saves you a lot of time and effort. All of these features have made Google Contacts indispensable, both in my job and in my personal life.

Cons

I have been using google contacts for more than 4 years and never had any real problem with google contacts; I hope sync will be improved by doing it manually so that I can control sync when I want and on the device I want; I am very satisfied with google contacts. I highly recommend it.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Google Contacts is the swiss army knife Contact app

Pros

Google Contacts is a good app for managing and syncing contacts across multiple devices. It leverages your Google account and backs up your contacts to the cloud so you can keep them all in one place. The best features include:

1) Sync & Backup contacts between accounts, as you add accounts to your phone, you can add contacts from multiple accounts and sync them there. If you change contacts on one account, they sync everywhere including on the web.
2) Merge Contacts - One of the problems with contact apps is sometimes you have duplicate contacts, but with Google Contacts, you can easily merge contacts so that one name shows all the numbers for one contact. I am yet to find an app that works this well. You can also import & export contacts from other sources and sync them to your Google account.
3) Did I mention the free part? Well Google Contacts is free to use as long as you have a Google account.

Cons

Google Contacts is very basic for contact editing. The number of fields you can use to edit are limited. The only other gripe would be the lack of an Apple app to replace the equivalent on iOS.

Shivam

Reviewed on 18/03/2023

Review on Google Contacts

It offers a range of features, including advanced search and filtering, contact synchronization, and smart suggestions for managing and organizing contacts. However, i find the platform to be limited in terms of customization and offline functionality, Overall, Google Contacts is a solid choice for individuals and businesses looking for a reliable and easy-to-use contact management solution.

Pros

Google Contacts allows me to easily share contacts with my friends and colleagues, making it easy to collaborate and share information with team members.Google Contacts automatically synchronizes with other devices of mine or the devices where in my google account is logged in.

Cons

While Google Contacts integrates seamlessly with other Google services, such as Gmail and Google Calendar, it may not integrate as well with other third-party tools and platforms, which is a big concern for me as i rely on a range of different tools for my daily work.

Shaharyar
Shaharyar
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

After Installing Google Contacts, I never lost any of my contact.

Overall Google Contacts is a must use app if you want to save your contacts for life time with in a secured platform. For me, It's a life saving App you should also try.

Pros

Few years back when there was no App like Google Contacts, I lost my phone multiple times and with that I also lost my all contacts because of saving those contact in phone memory. Google contact just saved our lives in face of saving important information on cloud, it is very easy to use, we save any contact number, email address, or any other contact detail of anyone Google Contact just save and sync in real time and we never lose contact of anyone even after losing the phone.

Cons

Eventually, I didn't find any disadvantage using Google Contacts, I've faced an issue when signing in on any other device that Google Contacts wasn't syncing my previously saved contacts but I faced this issue just once.

Sachin

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Best Contact Management Tool

Overall, Google Contacts is a complete solution for Contact Management throughout all devices for real-time synch and backup of contacts. The search and filter tools in Google Contacts are useful to find contacts from a large database. It's very easy to import and export contacts in Google Contacts and also easier to synch and backup contacts.

Pros

Google Contacts is one of the best contact management tools in the market for storing contacts and managing your contact lists. We can store unlimited contacts along with alternate numbers, email addresses, and other details associated. All the contacts are synched in real-time and there is always a backup available so we never lose any contact.Google Contacts is easier to import and export contacts and it is easy to integrate it with other third-party services.

Cons

Google contacts are the most reliable and complete solution for managing contacts and I haven't found any big issues in managing contacts in the last 5 years of my usage.

Rukundo
Rukundo

Reviewed on 23/05/2021

the safest way to back up your contacts

this is really the best way if not the perfect way to back up your contacts.

Pros

I like google contacts because the first time my phone was stolen, I was very lucky that I was backing up my contacts on email because when I got a new phone I just recovered all my contacts from google contacts.
Another thing I love about Google contacts is the fact that I can get contacts that I need to call from my email if my phone goes off.
Google contacts is a very organized software compared to other options out there, I like how it gives you an option to merge contacts if they are repeated entries, instead of having to delete every double entry.

Cons

it's not really something that I dislike but I think they should offer an offline solution because without an internet connection google contacts can't sync contacts and I can't retrieve any contact as well when being offline.

Varun

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Google Contacts : An excellent contact management system

Google Contacts is an all-in-one solution for managing contacts that syncs and backups contacts in seconds across any device.

Pros

Google Contacts is the most effective contact sharing and management tool I've found, and it's completely free to use. All of my contact details, including email addresses and phone numbers, is consolidated on this particular tool and can be readily retrieved from any additional tool or software that is linked to it.

Cons

There is really absolutely nothing I dislike about this tool because it consistently performs many of its intended features with out any issues, certainly in my experience of by using it over quite some time.

Chelsea

Reviewed on 6/08/2020

Great product!!!

Pros

I have been using Google software ever since my first Android Smartphone, I have been an Apple user for a few years now. I prefer Google over iCloud & Verizon’s version! Both need paid subscriptions & even than still have low storages.

Cons

Some contacts do not transfer. Some old contacts stay saved and upload.

Katherine
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Great Place to Store your contacts

Google Contacts is where we store all of our clients contact information and it makes it very easily accessible between team members and across all devices. We really appreciate how it auto merges duplicate contacts entries.

Pros

Google Contacts works great for our business to store all of our clients contact information. We use G Suite for email so all contacts are easily accessible. It also merges duplicate contacts for you which is nice to keep organized. You can also group the contacts into categories which is helpful as well.

Cons

The only thing that sort of bothers us with Google Contacts is that you certain fields are not on the main "add contact" page, so you have to click "More Fields" to be able to add things like Address. Very minor issue, so besides that we have no complaints about Google Contacts.

vinay

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Simplified Contact Management: Google Contacts

I utilize it for managing my emails and scheduling meetings, and Google Contacts will consequently streamline the process of reaching out to them whenever necessary.

Pros

It enables you to organize contacts, providing the flexibility to include multiple phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses for each contact, in contrast to a typical address book. Additionally, it streamlines the process of adding and deleting connections across various platforms.

Cons

I've been struggling to understand how to set it as my default contact list when saving a new contact.

Manohar

Reviewed on 8/08/2023

Google Contacts : An essential tool for keeping contacts organized and detailed.

The best way I've found to share and organize contacts is via Google Contacts, which is also available for free.

Pros

This is definitely the best option for keeping your list of contacts organized and giving you access to them over the cloud by simply logging into your Google Mail account. It's also amazing because of the comprehensive API.

Cons

When we accidentally lose our Google account, it can be difficult to retrieve all of our contacts. If Google Contacts offers any additional methods of access, such as security questions, it will make it simple.

Edward
Edward

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

I don't know how life (especially my work) would be like without Google Contacts

I love Google Contacts and I have been using for more than 7 years now and I will have to say that Google Contacts is like your Wifi. You don't look for it or think about it when it is working perfectly fine (especially most of the time it runs background) but when it is not working or you do not have it...that's when you REALLY feel the NEED!

Pros

Nowadays they ship most phones with Android and of course Google with it. But the most important thing is that I can keep both my iPhone and Android smartphone both synced and updated contacts! Honestly it's the best part (you can search for guides / tutorials in YouTube you should find it)

Cons

I really can't think of any for Google contacts? Especially with the fact that the service is provided with free-of-charge?! It's unbelievable!!

Sau
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Contacts storage for life

Fantastic app just like my personal electronic phone book that I can carry it around regardless which physical device I'm using at the time.

Pros

This is probably one of the most useful app for me. Since being an Android user, I have been saving all contact information here. I can access these contacts anytime by any device, either my mobile phone or tablet, or logging into Google account by any computer. Since the contact information is stored in cloud, I can access it without worrying about changing phone.

Cons

It gets a little confusing when too many phone numbers are tied to the same person. A cousin of mine keeps changing/adding phone numbers, before I know it, I was confused which number is the latest revision.