Gmail Reviews

About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline communication across the organization via emails. It enables professionals to sort inbox messages into various categories and place emails into new tabs using a...

4.7

Browse Gmail Reviews

12,303 of 12,303 reviews
SM Iftekhar
SM Iftekhar
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 4/09/2021

The best E-mail service provider available in the market.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the service that Gmail is offering. It has replaced outlook & Yahoo mail almost completely.

Pros

We have been using Gmail workplace from G-suite. This is the most native e-mailing software with all features available. It has a great management process onboard with automatic alignment for priority. It includes a great notification system & faster delivery.

Cons

I have no issues with this software. But It sometimes picks the normal email as a spam email. This is a minor issue though.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

It has a better overview of the email. A better Ui with faster message delivery. It has easy access from all cross-platform devices.

Yozet Rafael
Yozet Rafael
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 5/03/2024

Gmail review

In overall is a good user experience with integration with several programs.

Pros

It is easy to track the information of the emails

Cons

It is difficult to keep clean the inbox. There it not enought capacity for files

Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Because of the integration with google sheets, and word files

Reviewed on 11/05/2024

My review on Gmail is it Right for you or your business.

To me Gmail it is the perfect email client for one reason that it is clean in design uncluttered and simple and yet powerful in functionality. The plus side is its design features using transparency and wallpaper backgrounds gives it that sense of a modern feel. Gmail also provides plenty of space so that I will not worry about space issues.

Pros

Its a clean and uncluttered platform.
The user interface feels simplistic in design and not complicated.
Background wallper design in changing them its a plus and a bonus to have.
Easy navigational search bar allowing you to also find emails that you can delete with just searching and adding a keyword.

Cons

There is no desktop version of Gmail as a stand alone.
Minimised choice of fonts when creating and email.
Email signature its different bewteen the desktop and the mobile version when using Gmail.
The settings Gear has a host of features to choose and change in Gmail.

Top Gmail Alternatives

Microsoft Azure

Comcast Business VoiceEdge

Microsoft Project

Grace
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 25/03/2023

Love for some key features & Less love for limits in customizing some other features!

Overall I will say gmail has more pros than cons! I use it every single day for a wide range of tasks, both professionally and in my personal life as well. I appreciate the ability to access most basic functions for free. I'm pretty sure, I would struggle to find a replacement for each and every way I utilize google every single day. I do worry about the monopoly-ish-type attributes I see in google as a whole though...

Pros

Hands down, in this moment in time, the most important & impactful feature of the gmail software is the ability to schedule send emails from both the mobile app and the desktop/web browser. My work provided email software does not make this feature available across platforms and this has impacted me negatively as a user. I suffer from attention deficits (as many of us do!) so if I am trying to send an email that has to be in at a certain time but its outside of the hours I want to be recorded sending it, then I may attempt to send it in the morning or later (depending on the situation) but I have then forgotten to do this at this later time! Gmail gets my vote for having this fully customizable feature to schedule send an email no matter how you are accessing your gmail account and has the feature easy to find every time!!! Thank you.

Cons

I really struggle with the inbox categorization. I haven't figured out how to ensure I am seeing all of the emails I am wanting to see in my initial inbox window. I have missed a few emails because I was only seeing "priority" or "important" etc.. but I would need to scroll down to "everything else" or "All mail" in order to find the one I needed to see!

Nicky
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Gmail is great to use

Gmail has been much easier than the other emails I use. I

Pros

I like that it's easy to separate my emails and prioritize with just a click of a button. That I don't have to separate them myself or click each email to save into a diff folder.

Cons

There isn't not one thing specific that I do not like about it. I'm pleased.

Alexis

Reviewed on 3/05/2024

Gmail is Good to Go!

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate Gmail. Reading emails and responding is very easy. I like the added chat feature that Gmail includes. I have used Gmail daily at my school and it is very easy to chat with my colleagues by email or chat.

Cons

One thing that I don't like about Gmail is that, when I get an email notification, I do not have the option to hold and delete. Outlook allows this and it's really nice because I can delete the email off of the notification and I don't have to go all the way into my inbox to delete it. Also, there are multiple different locations for emails. Sometimes it is hard to find something if it doesn't end up in the primary box.

Zsolt
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/04/2024

Best email tool for small businesses

Pros

Easy to setup and it can be used with a custom domain. Google software integration for better work experience.

Cons

The SPAM filter is too weak. I receive too many junk emails in my inbox (even after I report as a spam)

Morgan
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Perfect Platform

Pros

I have been using Gmail since I got my first email address. I love how you can easily sort out and delete the junk mail at one time.

Cons

The search bar does not always find what you are looking for

Mark Joseph
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2/05/2024

Gmail Review

Overall it was a great experience using this communication tool.

Pros

It is very convenient to use and we can organize the emails that we receive.

Cons

I don't find anything that I like the least.

Samiksha

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Gmail Review

google offer a well liked email service called Gmail . It is renowned for having a user-friendly interface , strong spam filtering and lots of storage capacity .

Pros

Perfect for emote workers and cooperative teams .

Cons

Restricted offline capabilities and the interface a bit overwhelming at times .

Eric R.
Eric R.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Gmail is a product I truly love

I use Gmail for my personal use as well as the three companies I work for, all of them are using Gmail. I appreciate the ability to use those separate systems and store my signature, capture every bit of information I can so I can almost use Gmail as CRM, and the fact that options like scheduling email have started to show up as part of the platform.

Pros

I've used Gmail since it was first announced and it does so many things well that I have a hard time leaving it. First off, Gmail conversations is the way that email always should have been and that one innovation was life-changing. Search in Gmail is like a search of my life (for my personal account) and for all of my work (my business accounts), which I rely on heavily. I love have all communication forwarded to Gmail so I can use it in the same way that Evernote is used by others. Now that the app is starting to steal the best of Mailbox, Spark and other efficient email systems (but skipping the dopey innovations of upstarts like Hey!), I think we'll use Gmail for pro and personal email forever.

Cons

I miss the way that a Gmail search used to go across all of your documents and other Google files. I wonder if it was done from the privacy perspective but it's definitely something that I used to rely on.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail had better functionality and still does.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail has superior search and better mail management.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Nothing Is Better Than Gmail

Gmail is the greatest platform for email and communication with teams, businesses, and organizations. My overall experience with Gmail has been nothing short of stellar.

Pros

I use this product up against all other email platforms, including those on my Apple products. What I love most about his product is it's syncing capabilities, it's user-friendliness, and it acts as my main form of communication and keeping information necessary to make our organization successful.

Cons

I literally have no complaints about Gmail. I have never had a negative experience with our use of Gmail.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

iCloud made it difficult for me to use and to work with others as well.

iCloud

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Microsoft 365 was too expensive and too tedious to operate. I needed something quick and easy.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 8/09/2022

One Feature Makes Gmail Essential as a Small/Startup Business

Overall, Gmail has accomplished everything I would expect an email program to do. The automated alerts about potentially-missed emails is what I think makes it the best option, and it's the reason I would recommend Gmail to other small/startup businesses to manage their email. It might not seem like a required feature at first, but as more and more emails come in, the prompt about having possibly failed to respond to one is essential.

Pros

Gmail is much like any other email program available. It allows free accounts, so the cost makes it a great option. If you want to spend a few bucks each month, you get email management that is tied to your own domain. This was great for me as I started my own law practice because it provided a professional email without having a website/hosting setup yet.

The one feature that would make me recommend Gmail over other programs is the automated notifications that inform me about emails I may need to respond to. Gmail is the first that I have seen to implement something like this, or at least to implement it in a way that didn't require me to set anything up. I read an email. I either don't respond or begin drafting a response that I don't send. Two days later, Gmail is asking me whether I intend to respond to that email. The best part is that this doesn't happen with the marketing/update emails that I've signed up to receive, like notification emails and such. Gmail seems to be able to distinguish, maybe based on the content/subject of the email-- I don't know? But it works great, and because it's been so helpful to avoid missing an email, I now prefer Gmail to other email providers.

Cons

I think the contact management can be improved. The only other problem I've had with Gmail has been with sorting incoming messages. I may have become too used to desktop applications that I would create "rules" in to instruct the program what to do with emails having a particular word in the subject or from a particular sender. I tried to organize my inbox a bit better in Gmail, and either I couldn't figure out how to make it do what I wanted, or it isn't possible. I'm not sure which it is. In any case, it was taking too much time, and it was easier to just "select all" and "mark as read."

HostGator

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I chose Gmail over HostGator's web-based email because it seemed more difficult to setup email accounts through HostGator. Although the cost is definitely better for professional emails using my domain name with HostGator, email is just too critical and I use it too often to not have it integrated with everything else. That integration, with the ease of setup, was why I chose Gmail over HostGator.

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

The best email service and email provider out there.

I would choose Gmail over any other email provider because it can be secured with Two-factor authentication. I get my email notifications and reminders on time. Gmail is also linked with multiple apps so I can use various google services and other software without much hassle.

Pros

The main feature I like about Gmail it is a Single Sign On service that makes it easy to use all the other services in the Google Ecosystem without creating new accounts for each application or service. It is also free of cost to set up but you can pay to have more features like email management and professional email.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this software is that important emails are often categorized as spam and I have a hard time finding them. The other thing I do not like the most is when you have a lot of unread emails it is really tedious to clear them one page at a time. Sometimes sending files with code may be an issue too just because they just have some code in the file, Gmail flags it as a virus.

Dana M
Dana M
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 31/05/2023

GMail+

Gmail is a free email service provided by Google that offers a wide range of features and benefits. It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, and it offers powerful search and filter capabilities that make it easy to find specific emails. Gmail also has robust security measures, including two-factor authentication and encryption, to protect users' data and privacy. Additionally, Gmail offers features like highpointing, tracking, and response management that can help users stay organized and on top of their communications. Overall, Gmail is a reliable and feature-rich email service that is popular with users around the world.

Pros

There are many reasons to like Gmail, including its user-friendly interface, powerful search and filter features, and robust security measures. Additionally, Gmail offers a wide range of customization options, allowing users to tailor their inbox to their specific needs and preferences. With features like highpointing, tracking, and contact management, Gmail is a versatile and powerful email platform that can help users stay organized and on top of their communications. Overall, Gmail is a reliable and feature-rich email service that is popular with users around the world.

Cons

Gmail is a popular email service that offers a wide range of features and benefits. Its user-friendly interface, powerful search and filter capabilities, and robust security measures make it a top choice for many users. Additionally, Gmail's tracking and response management features can help users stay on top of their communications and ensure that important messages are not missed. However, Gmail's biggest flaw is its privacy policy. Google, which owns Gmail, has been criticized for collecting and using user data for targeted advertising and other purposes. While users can take steps to protect their privacy, such as using encryption and two-factor authentication, some users may be uncomfortable with the level of data collection and sharing that occurs on the platform.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Overall, Gmail is considered to be a more advanced and feature-rich email service than Yahoo. Gmail offers a more user-friendly interface, powerful search and filter capabilities, and robust security measures. Additionally, Gmail offers features like highpointing, tracking, and response management that are not available on Yahoo. Gmail also integrates seamlessly with other Google services, such as Google Drive and Google Calendar, making it easy to manage all aspects of your digital life in one place. While Yahoo does offer some useful features, such as disposable email addresses and a customizable dashboard, it is generally considered to be less advanced and less reliable than Gmail.
Alexandrea
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

Gmail wins everytime when it comes to email management.

Gmail is an excellent user-friendly tool with numerous email organization options that connect well with other Google apps. While it is free, it can also host accounts with custom domains for a cost.

Pros

Amazing UI ,unlike its competitors, Gmail has a fairly "clean" design with a variety of themes. I like the option to label my emails and then easily find them, something other email management solutions do not provide. I also enjoy how we can establish areas for working and communicating together. It is also a tremendous advantage to having a hub of other products at our disposal, such as the entire Google Suite. Documents, contacts, and common folders may be simply linked, tagged, and maintained.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is that when I issue calendar invites, I get responses in my primary inbox. Even if I alter the label to anything else, Gmail does not learn or remember. I have to do that everytime.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Outlook allows you to label emails, but you can't find all of them in one spot. As a result, the labelling serves no use. Additionally, the UI is not particularly tidy. The sync between Outlook's calendar and emails is likewise not easy to use.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail is easy to use and more secure and also more popular
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

One of the best email service provider

Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros

Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful. It also integrates easily with other GSuite apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc, which is an added bonus and sometimes the only tools you need for your business or personal use. You can pick also your own themes and colors, which is nice.
The draft feature saves your message real-time, which can be a lifesaver.

Gmail sign-in is offered on millions of websites on the internet, so a gmail address is all you need to be authorized anywhere. It also has 15 GB cloud storage in the free version, which is more than enough for most users.

Cons

The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

Sanjeep

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Reason of using Gmail

I am regular user of Gmail and it became one of the most important in my communication with team members and business. Mentioned above pros and cons are experienced by my own, so it would be more better if all of them are review and improve. One of most sad part of Gmail is we can not get back our account if we forget our password. I am really upset with Gmail on this part. Even I use my own phone number, email I was not able to get back. I got code on my Phone, code on email but at last it says "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you". I have tried to get back my account many times, even I contact customer support but it did not work. There may be many users like me and They are all looking and waiting to improve this issue.

Pros

Gmail is one of the best email service which is free to use. Apart from this some good side of Gmail are given below:
- Perfect platform for Individual, group, any kind of business and Organization.
- Well manage structure (Inbox, Sent, Starred and etc. )
- Many features and services ( google meet, google drive, google sheets, google docs and etc)
- Features of audio, video call and screen sharing

Cons

All though Gmail is popular and Very helpful for user, still Gmail has some draw back. It would be more better if listed below points are review and improve:
- It would be better if there was customer support in every nation (should have service for person to
person)
- Account could not verify (if in case forget password can not get back account even if we use own
information)
- Can not send large file
- Can not send message if receiver's storage is full. (In some cases there might be only way to
communicate. Such kind of features won't be able to connect)
- Little bit confusing to use for the first time

WILFRIED
WILFRIED

Reviewed on 9/04/2021

Gmail Review

It is rather simple, the fact that I have been using it for over 7 years now is one of the evidences that it does quite well his job. So, a part from the little cons I mentioned, it is a great application.

Pros

The Gmail software is a straightforward application for sending and receiving mails, communicate with other people with an interface that is very much simple. It's also one of the most used applications all over the world. In fact, for business matters or to send a message to a higher company or administration, you might want to use Gmail to text. So, it comes into the line of one of the most important and indispensable mean to professional exchanges. What I would call the "Gmail dashboard" with the three options which are : Primary, Social and Promotions are well set for a better detachment of the e-mails we received.

Cons

Like all other software products, there are certain things to improve about Gmail for a better use. First point, let the user organise his mails so he can decide what kind of email is important to him and set it in the important folder.
Second point, when using Gmail online with the computer, whenever I read a message, it is not marked as "already read". I mean when you haven't read the message yet, it is in bold and after reading it, it should no longer be in bold so you can recognise you have already read such a mail, but it's not the case and it's very difficult to get over it.
Last and final point, a part from the "meet" service, it would be better to have the possibility to have voice or video calls with our exchange partners.

Prachi
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Gmail - Trust of Million users

As I mentioned Gmail is free which is what makes it worth your time and energy and yes you should definitely consider it. It had all the features a paid email address can offer. Also don't forget about the security, I mean the security feature of gmail is top notch, I love that gmail can filter the spam emails separately for us. There is push notification settings available for us to remember about upcoming event in the calendar. Also it saves all the contact information. My experience with gmail has been wonderful, it helped me start with my small startup as a blogger, helped me arrange emails regularly. Also the space available to save your emails is also free and later as per needs we can upgrade it. It's so cool. A great user friendly experience

Pros

Gmail is very easy to use software. It's integration with any size of company is simple, convenient and quick. The best part about gmail is that it is free to sign up also it is linked with your other Google applications, also it has a single user interface login feature. It is safe and you can trust all of its features. You can block the spammers, you can send auto-responds, you can manage your contacts, filter the emails as you want, also you can chat through Gmail, connect through video and schedule appointments to your calendar, get push notifications all the time, you can change the settings of any feature whenever you want. You can customize your email preferences and keep track and do the analysis of your data on daily basis too.

Cons

Well for me gmail worked out pretty well. Even someone who is not tech savvy can find gmail user friendly and quick to learn application. No negatives for me.

Denise
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 5/10/2021

Best of personal and business email options

My experience with Gmail has been fantastic. I love how new features have been introduced to meet the needs of the users for every line of work and life. I teach special education and my students range from K-8 grade in ability level. Gmail is a form of communication they have independently used to contact me during the pandemic for assistance. They know if the click on the "M" at the bottom of the screen, click the plus sign (to open an email), and start typing my name, the address bar will auto fill with my email. They can type "help", screen shot what they need help with, or send me a blank email but with Gmail they can communicate where otherwise they would not have bene able to. Thank you Google!

Pros

The ability to customize so much in this email software is priceless. I love being able to make specific folders for topics to help keep me organized. The search tool is like none I have used before. If I can not find an email using the search tool, it isn't there. The sofrtware suggests grammar and punctuation errors for correction and has a retraction button after you hit send that you can set for a specific amount of time. I am bad for forgetting to attach documents so the "undo send" feature has helped hide that many times. After hitting send, I realize I didn't attach a document, click undo send, attach the document, and send. It is priceless!

Cons

I do not like that in the past year or so most of the Google apps icons became SO similar. I use most of the Google apps because of the ease, accuracy, and reliability. All of the icons now have one multi-colored shape or symbol on a solid white background. It truly makes them more dififcult to find when in a hurry for me personally. Luckily, Gmail is a Big letter"M" so it is fairly easy to find.

Zakaria
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Evaluate the evolution of emails

In truth Gmail has helped me alot. I can speak without problems with my customers regionally and overseas with out spending a dim. My customers sense shop once they get hold of emails from my Gmail account than my commercial enterprise emails due to the fact commercial enterprise emails can be compromised without problems than Gmail emails.

Pros

"I actually have high-quality alternatives to take proper stories with Gmail. We created organisational e mail addresses through Gmail and It's truly beneficial for our organisational works." "I additionally love that Gmail is favored to my google lecture room due to the fact I get an e mail while a scholar turns in paintings and it allows me to be greater time-green with grading." "Gmail is a first-class provider which allows me development in my business. I actually have most effective ever used Gmail and were very satisfied with it." "I love that I could make extraordinary folders to place my essential emails for paintings, doctors, or easy messages from friends. I actually have usually used gmail due to the fact it is the best."

Cons

"I dislike how difficult it's far to locate my junk mail folder - I additionally dislike what number of emerald come to be in my junk mail folder." "There is not anything that I truely do not like approximately Gmail specifically. I hate receiving emails in my Spam folder however that isn't always a Gmail problem." "Logging inside and out may be a piece painfully hassle Some and the delays may be irritating relies upon I anticipate to your connection velocity however now no longer sure." "The simplest con I even have is that at instances emails can wander away or positioned withinside the junk mail folder and that they should not have been. So you need to cross search for the e-mail which could take day out of your busy day."

Ashley
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

Gmail integrates well

I simply enjoy gmail as a super communication tool for sending and receiving emails, but also to receive reminders for meetings, both online and in-person meetings. It gives you access to so much especially since I am a huge fan of the android device. Even with the the bug with sending attachments I still simply enjoy using my gmail account.

Pros

Having a gmail address has many benefits and opens us a communication highway, and not just to send emails.
- Having a gmail email address gives you instant and free access to a decent size email inbox.
- Gives you instant and free access to a load of google services like google forms, google meet, google drive, google docs. All of this integrates well that gives you a super communication system.
- It gives you access on the go with the gmail app for your mobile device, so you do not need to be bound at your desk to receive your emails.
- If gives you a wonderful option to insert a professional signature for your business.
- Gives you access to add your business to google my business, so your business can be discoverable on the internet
- When you create a calendar entry, it gives you access to set up notifications that automatically come through to your gmail email so you never have to miss a meeting.
- Google meetings and zoom integrate well with your gmail address by receiving notifications.
- I can't stress enough the satisfaction I get from gmail that it is not just a communication tool to send emails, it is so much more: a super communication tool.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about gmail.
- Having a gmail address doesn't come across as professional at all if you are running a business and having your own domain name setup for your business email address is still top prize.
- I discovered that when sending attachments from my mobile app it tends to hang in my outbox not going through at all. This is irrelevant to the size of the attachment.

ESMAEIL
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 7/01/2024

Gmail is the first platform from my point of view for email service

Pros

My first experience was with Yahoo, but after a period of time I lost the account information and lost access to it. I started trying several platforms, but the best one was gmail. For more than eight years, I have been using it and did not need to use other platforms. Its many features and the simplified interface did not force me to use another platform as The Google Meet service that it provides is very useful and easy to use, as I use it frequently and periodically, and archiving, scheduling, and many other features have made it easier for us to deal daily with teammates, clients, and platforms.

Cons

It is a semi-integrated platform and does not lack a few additions and improvements to become the first platform in the world, such as facilitating the synchronization process with third parties.

April
April
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Gmail....for a thought.

I can appreciate the effort that they're putting forth of weeding out spam because a lot of it is so ridiculously out of control now these days my spam account is so full of just random crazy things and if I had to go through my mail and weed out these things it I would be a crazy person. So my experience with Gmail is fabulous we've grown together adapted together and I've tried other email software and I just never took to any of them like I did Gmail

Pros

So, for what I use Gmail for makes it a perfect fit....for me. I say it's simple, clean and up to date. But maybe that's because I have evolved with Gmail and it's ever changing ways for quite some years now.

Cons

This is always such a hard part for me to fill in. Especially when the software in your own eyes truly really has no big falls certainly not any big enough to call something I hate. something that I really kind of dislike about it is maybe in the beginning it did not express to me how important it is to set up an automatic delete I can't tell you I have thousands and thousands and hundreds of thousands of emails on my Gmail account with them all combined together there's no telling how many of unread emails. Nobody's fault but my own nonetheless when is enough enough I guess.