Mixmax Reviews

About Mixmax

Mixmax is a sales engagement platform that helps businesses track emails, engage with customers and conduct surveys via a unified platform. It enables sales representatives to convert prospects into customers, send personalized...

Browse Mixmax Reviews

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Great timesaver and reminder

My overall experience with Mixmax has been outstanding and I use it everyday.

Pros

Mixmax has many great features, but I use it most to remind me of e-mails that I need to send.

Cons

While it is great for tracking customers, I would like to see it available for those of us who do not need to track the opening of e-mails. I don't need my colleagues to know that I am checking in on whether they read their e-mails or not.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you want to turn off email tracking. If that's correct, email tracking is a feature that can be turned off.

Replied 20/12/2018
Tim
Tim

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Absolutely fantastic, really!

Pros

I can't rave about MixMax enough. We used Yesware for years and it worked great, bu MixMax really blew it out of the water. The day-to-day features we use the most are easily adding availability to emails where customers can book in one click, scheduling reminders, and the Salesforce integration. I'd say though, what we like most, is the reporting. Being able to see activity and also see when reminders are set to bounce back so you can redistribute if you have too many is super helpful. I'd highly recommend giving a trial for a spin. I don't think you'll turn back!

Cons

Two nice-to-haves would be to be able to trigger automations on data directly from salesforce and being able to have a bit more advanced user permissioning for admins.

Simon
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Fantastic range of capabilities, terrible execution

Our growth team has been using Mixmax for about 2 years, and I've personally used it almost ever since the company was founded. But the past months, while trying out their "Rules" and "Sequences", the system has given the entire team loads of headache. Nothing really works, and some bugs that were reported months ago still haven't been resolved.

Pros

- Ability to automate standardized email-related tasks (if they would work)

Cons

- All the bugs. It just doesn't work and despite reporting bugs months ago, they still haven't been resolved. We've tried almost the entire range of features and - frankly - I love the whole concept with Mixmax. Everything we've used (or tried to use) in the software would actually be useful if it worked as intended.

Response from Mixmax

Hi Simon --

Sorry for your experience with product issues. I definitely understand your frustration with functionality not working the way it should work. Please email me directly.

Replied 12/09/2019

Top Mixmax Alternatives

JP.
JP.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Easy to integrate with Gsuite

It's been a great experience since day 1.
I am particularly using the templates feature of the free version which optimizes my day like a champ.
I get instant notifications when people open my emails and I can easily keep track of the lead.
I highly recommend this tool!

Pros

This sales/marketing tool works like a marvel when integrated with Gsuite. The control panel is very easy to use and the free version gives you a lot of very useful features.

Cons

The way they attach attachments on emails.

Matt
Matt
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organisation

Reviewed on 5/02/2019

The Email Swiss Army Knife

Pros

Mixmax has changed the way I do email. The enhanced compose and reminder features alone is worth the money. Overall I am a big fan of all the email options they have crammed into one low monthly price. Other services might do a couple things better but Mixmax has 3-5x more features.

Cons

With a massive feature set comes lack of quality and you can see that at times with Mixmax. But their dev team is always improving and I am impressed by their ability and quickness to fix any issues that arise.

Jorge
Jorge

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Great concept just tons of bugs

Pros

I really liked how you could create a cadence for your clients. Also that you were able to create different templates. I also liked the ability to read receipts right from our inbox. I also liked how it would add attachments. It made it so you could attach more documents in your inbox and also made them "links". Meaning- if someone downloaded the PDF you could see which PDF they downloaded.
Tons of value.

Cons

The only issue I had with this software was of how often it was down. It seemed like every month it had issues. This was a huge issue because all our email templates were stored in the system.
After a year and half of use, I switched providers. Though I miss a lot of the functions that Mix Max had it wasn't very reliable.

Melissa
Melissa

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Mixmax Makes My Job Easier

I have been using Mixmax for over a year. I don't know if I would be willing to do my job without it!

Pros

I don't use all of the functionality for my role, but Templates Feature, Read Receipts, Reminders and Send Later Feature is enough for me to invest in this product. It saves me hours of work time each year and makes me look like a rock star to my clients and colleagues.

Cons

When I update my software, it occasionally kicks me out. Nothing awful that doesn't fix itself quickly.

Edward M.
Edward M.

Reviewed on 2/04/2019

Great email tracker

Pros

Easily tracking opens / clicks and scheduling emails to be sent at later dates + saving email templates for use.

Cons

Sometimes not sure of the accuracy when tracking clicks. I've had emails responded to that never showed they were opened by the receiver.

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Mixmax is my bff

Beautiful dashboard and super easy to use. This gave me a whole new outlook on my email data

Pros

Very easy to use as well as learn new features.

Cons

Very minor details, but the extension was conflicting with salesforce's extension in chrome.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review and glad that 'Mixmax is your BFF'. If you're on the Growth plan and you're not using our workflow features, check them out - they will change your live!

Replied 27/09/2018

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Great Product!

Pros

It's super intuitive and easy to use. Helps me track meetings, emails, responses, etc. Love it!

Cons

Sometimes, it asks me to log in again and again. Something about my cookies, etc.

Leniece
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Great product! A few tweaks can make it Great

Good!

Pros

Love the ease of use and that it’s embedded in gmail

Cons

1) when sending email via Mobile you lose all MixMax features/capabilities. Really huge gap

2) unlike Calendly, the calendar function double books since it doesn’t update your availability in real time e.g. if I send availability to a client for Nov 26th and they don’t read the email until above 28th (and that time gets filled in between it shouldn’t be possible to schedule. Calendly works beautifully in this regard. If MixMax fixed this I would get rid of my calendlu account but too many scheduling kinks due to poor coding/functionality to prevent double bookings in real time. Should be integrated with calendar so when times are I long available they are deactivated.

3) need more CRM integration options. Salesforce is cool but a giant for small business owners. Look into nimble CRM startups that are popular or create your own option

4) integrate with social media so we can easily access email recipient profiles like Rapportivr

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for your review! Please let us know what CRMs you would like us to integrate with. You mention Salesforce and we have an integration with Pipedrive and Copper (which are both CRMs for smaller businesses). Feel free to visit success.mixmax.com for more information on these integrations. With regards to the calendar double booking, please make sure that you have the 'prevent double' booking' feature turned on. You can find more information here: https://success.mixmax.com/article/41-prevent-double-booking

If you do have this option turned on, let us know.

For mobile -will pass those on to our product group.

Replied 28/11/2018
Dylan

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Perfect sales and partner engagement tracking software

It's been great. I have used Mixmax at 3 companies now and will continue to use the software.

Pros

I love the email tracking feature that details open and clicks down to the type of device the recipient used and their location. I also use templates a lot to help automate processes.

Cons

I wish there were an easier way to log emails from Gmail Mixmax to Salesforce CRM. Right now have to bcc salesforce.

MailTrack

Reasons for Choosing Mixmax

Familiar with Mixmax already.

Reasons for Switching to Mixmax

Ease of use.
Emma
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

Buy this! Best platform for this I have used in 10 years!

My team would produce much less without this! Genuinely saves us time and money!

Pros

Timesaving, easy to use. Easy to train others to use and easy to share resources

Cons

Sometimes you get phantom clicks and due to timezones customer service can take a while but is always good when it comes!

Fred
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Why I love Mixmax

Pros

In this busy world of nobody answering their phones, email is the best was to get your name in front of people. The problem is; we're all getting flooded with emails and if we don't reply right away it goes down further into our inbox...and forgotten.

The best thing about Mixmax is their sequence feature. You send out a template email and if the recipient doesn't respond another goes out and another...as many as you want until you get a response!

What a time saver this is! No more trying to remember if they responded, having to write another email and son on.

And that feature is just the tip of the iceberg. So much good stuff in here...just get it!

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with my CRM (Zendesk Sell) but that's a minor thing.

Kara
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

I don't know what I'd do without Mixmax!

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Mixmax helps me have a much better read on the engagement level I have with different clients, and helps me know which channel to use to progress the relationship.

Pros

Being in a sales role, it's important I see how my prospects and clients are interacting with my emails. It's useful to know whether they've opened, clicked, downloaded, and also how many times and what days/times they've opened the email. It is a proxy for how serious they are about our communications and moving forward with a sale.

Cons

Setting Mixmax reminders isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but once you figure it out, it makes sense.

Bekah

Modernized Workflow

Have appreciated being introduced to Mixmax when it was in beta testing. My day would be tremendously longer if I did not have this service.

Pros

We use Mixmax daily to schedule meetings, and arrange the best meeting time for a group, email templates have saved us so much time, and productivity has increased, and this has helped to streamline our workflow and manage communications.

Cons

Sometimes, emails are sent to spam when using this software. At times, the service has glitches but they are worked through quickly.

Francis
Francis

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Upgrade your e mail

With MixMax I am able to be more effective and automate my e mail to increase productivity and boost sales. I strongly recommend it!

Pros

MixMax is the best. I highly recommend it to everyone. Basically, it will make your e mails process more efficient. You can make your available free times for a call, due to Google calendar integrations. Also, it will check your grammar, spelling, remind you to follow up on lost e mails

It is basically a productivity machine.

Cons

You need to pay for the full version, but the free version provides all the basic functionalities.

The only con would be that reminders on un replied mails spam your inbox. Notifications could be improved there.

Alexander
  • Industry: Music

Game changer!

Pros

Yes, game changer is an absolutely over-used term. However, here there is no other word describing the app better. Being a small creative agency, Mixmax gave us the tools to be steps ahead of competitors, scale up sales, save time and being more efficient.

Cons

I cannot say anything, to be honest. Maybe that it is a pity that I can not speak too much about Mixmax to avoid that other agencies start using it! :)

Janine

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Great Product - Especially for teams

Mixmax is great for sharing templates, sending targeted bulk emails quickly and gaining insight into analytics

Pros

Great for creating templates and streamlining bulk emails
I like that you can share templates with team members
Integrations is nice
Love the visibility into the metrics

Cons

I wish it integrated with more products. Other than that, I think it's great and very useful.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. What products would you like to see integrated with Mixmax?

Replied 26/11/2018
Romain

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Loved it as a 'free' user - In the process of getting it approved in my company

Very good indeed !

Pros

Ease of use, email tracking is an awesome feature for sales and also being able to easily share huge file without having to deal with the nightmare that is google docs sharing functionalities.

Cons

Didn't really the calendar propositions but it could be nice to have.

Didn't have a lot of use for the templates and thought it was a bit complicated to manage.
A tutorial would be great for this !

Avishay
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 6/05/2019

Taking scheduling to the next level

I've been using Mixmax for a while now, both as a user as well as an end client (as a guest) and I recommend using it very much so.

Pros

The fact that you can add your entire itinerary for people to choose from to all of your emails is an amazing feature, which also doesn't make the guest disengage with current operations, in comparison with other programs.

Cons

The fact that Mixmax is only available for Gmail is problematic and forces people to connect all their email accounts to Gmail before they could enjoy the joys of scheduling with ease.

Kayla
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 10/02/2023

I'm an advocate for Mixmax!

Pros

Mixmax truly keeps me organized with my emails and follow-ups - and has been since I first started using it back in 2016. I can't really imagine my work life without it.

Cons

Nothing really. Like I said, I love it - and with every feature added, I love the product even more.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

Worth every penny

Pros

Setting reminders and knowing if my email was read has transformed my ability to reach people. I no longer have to jot notes down to email this person or to follow up on this sent email; I use Mixmax for those tasks.

Cons

I tend to reply to emails using the preview pane, but Minmax does not allow this. It only adds an additional click to my workflow, but it would be nice to use the preview pane.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 6/08/2019

I know you read my email

Pros

Love that I can see when someone has read my email
I can save my specific signature for each email account
I can save email templates
MUCH better fonts to choose from so I can really make my emails stand out

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about this app. It works great for my needs

Camille

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

The best all-in-one email tool

In my past job experiences, my life would have been much easier if I've had such tool.
Automatization is the key to organization!

Pros

I love how everything is customizable ; I love how my daily work has been facilitated ; I love how our account management team can follow a same path.
Well I love all about Mixmax.

Cons

Without any doubt, I'd say that I don't like to admit I don't use all features.
I'm certainly missing a lot...