QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.7

4.7

About QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks Time is a cloud-based time tracking solution that helps owners and managers keep track of employees in real-time from their web or mobile applications. It provides mobile time tracking for employees who either work...

4.8

Browse QuickBooks Time Reviews

6,743 of 6,743 reviews
Timothy
Timothy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 9/06/2023

Not perfect, but perfect for my small business

It’s easy to use, you can add it to your mobile phone so every employees has access to the time clock and calendar and whatever features you give them access to. Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, from scheduling to the time clock and keeping track of your employees it’s all in one program.

Cons

That you have to pay per user, I prefer a package deal so I don’t always have to go in and edit my active users. Paying a different price every time I hire or lose an employee can get irritating but Qb keeps track of it so it’s not as bad as it could be.

Time Tracker, ADP Workforce Now and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

My accountant recommended it because she’s been using QB for years and it’s easy to get used to it.

Virtual TimeClock

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Accountant recommendation and ease of use.

Reviewed on 5/09/2023

An effective tool for time tracking that improves productivity

We can keep tabs on how much time is spent on each project thanks to its many useful features. Our team members are now more time-efficient as a result of this. With the data gleaned through analytics and reports, you can make educated choices about how to maximize efficiency and cut down on downtime.

Pros

QuickBooks Time was the perfect solution since it gave us visibility into how much time and effort was spent on each assignment. It keeps everyone on the team on schedule and gives them data they can use to make decisions about the project. Past project QuickBooks Time reports have helped us plan ahead and deliver on management's goals.

Cons

It's a lot to take in at first, but things settle down to a reasonable level after a while. The mobile app doesn't look as robust as the desktop version, suggesting it could use an update. There is nothing else about QuickBooks Time that I dislike.

Kelly

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Accounting firm employee management

Pros

definately easy to use and critical in ensuring time spent on client work is recorded correctly.

Cons

a little disconnected and a couple of challengers to get around but once you have worked out the kinks, then it is great to use.

MYOB Business and WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

streamline software used within the firm.

Top QuickBooks Time Alternatives

Michelle

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

This app is garbage

I will not buy this again. They are doing many changes with this product and it does not integrate correctly with QBO.

Pros

I did not enjoy anything about this app because it was more work than it was pleasure, too many things to fix and the IT help is useless. They are constantly changing everything and nothing works properly.

faith
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 10/12/2023

let's get down to business with QuickBooks Time.Track better with this amazing software.

Excellent tracking and streamlining your work.A very satisfying performance and this software is very easy to use.I can comfortably recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I can comfortably access it any time any where and my data is always safe.Have been using it to track my cash flows and let me tell you, this software is amazing.We can even send invoices.

Cons

No cons everything is going as expected.

Mike

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

We love Our QuickBooks

We have use QuickBooks for two different business and love it. we us it for over 10 years now and is the only product we wild use.

Pros

It is fast and easy to use. we use our QuickBooks everyday.

Cons

The least we like about QuickBooks is nothing for us it does everything we like it to do.

Darla
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

QuickBooks Time

We transitioned to QuickBooks Time from their previous time tracking and it took a while to get used to it. Overall it works well and makes payroll function much simpler and efficient.

Pros

Keeps track of all employees on the clock. Ability to clock in/out on mobile device or desktop. Track all time off for various reasons which can be customized to your needs.

Cons

For exempt employees who are paid for the current period, the period gets locked when payroll is run, preventing them from clocking in/out until that pay period is over, unless the admin running payroll un-approves the time and unlocks it every time.

Liezel Jane

Reviewed on 11/02/2024

QB Times reviewa

No time is wasted and able to use whenever I go

Pros

User-friendly interface that allows every user to easily understand the software.

Cons

Overall features are excellent, things that need to improve are their customer support.

Oluwaseun
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

A tool that helps your accounting books

prompt with all my accounting dealing and tracking purpose, i have enjoyed it so much

Pros

The fact that u can use it on all platforms and devices

Cons

I don't really have any negative, feedback, it's working for me so far

Lynsey

Reviewed on 4/03/2024

Love quickbooks time

It's been great so far. Easy to use for employees.

Pros

The location tracking to be able to know when someone left and i can change their time off of that.

Cons

Sometimes it randomly clocks people out.

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Awesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.

Pros

Ease of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.

Cons

I don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.

OfficeTools

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

LiquidPlanner was supposed to help with project management but it made the process, reporting, and timekeeping very cumbersome and more time-consuming. Plus, Tsheets now integrates with QBO which we use regularly. Just need the QBO integration with projects to be released officially.

LiquidPlanner

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Abacus and Cloud Servers...not sure about that.
Lingraj

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Quick & Easy to use platform or multiple aspects

my overall experience with Quickbooks is fabulous as it served as my assistant in record keeping and accountability, It was quick and easy to operate and extract required data whenever necessary through drag and drop features.

Pros

Its books and ledger segregation feature is unique as compared to similar platforms like Zohobooks and Freshbooks

Cons

A few of the processes like adding a new asset type take time to add to the primary library.Beneficiary account details are sometimes difficult to track as the sorting feature is not available.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Freshbooks had faulty errors many times and the customer support was worse, it would take 48hrs and more to resolve an issue and to get the work done.Eventually, the platform was getting frozen upon uploading bulk data like employee records, asset details, and other attachments.Quickbooks was referred to us by our client and partners.While it's been 3 years of using QuickBooks and there have been no technical issues that required me to reach out to the support services.
Shahmir
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

An excellent tool for scheduling and tracking

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

Pros

Being a senior researcher, I have to keep a track of my projects and their deadlines. QuickBooks provides me with all the details and services I am looking for. Moreover, their Customer service is excellent. I strongly recommend all the people involved in scheduling, monitoring and payroll management to try this platform. Surely, you wont be disappointed.

Cons

Monthly Subscriptions. There should be an option of lifetime subscription.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Quickbooks time is more user friendly and easy to learn. Also, tracking in this software is more easy as compared to other related softwares.

Bethany

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Great Time Tracking Application

We would use this application if it was included in our QuickBooks online subscription, however, the cost was just not working for our small business on top of all the other items we have as overhead.

Pros

Very easy to set up employees and projects in QuickBooks Time. It was also ideal for Project Management Budgeting for Time expenses.

Cons

Setting up vacation accrual was a nightmare. It never did work correctly for us. It was a bit of a process to get projects to sync with our existing customers in QuickBooks online.

Blip and Houzz Pro

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

The price was too expensive to keep using BuilderTrend. They also did not sync our timecards correctly which became a daunting task for our admin team.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

We use QuickBooks online so we assumed it would be a simple process to reduce some of our administrative tasks.
clelland

Reviewed on 7/08/2019

These ratings I've read are a joke

Someone must be married to the owner of Quickbooks or slid a bunch of cash to them to get promoted by quickbooks the way they do... Thats some serious business love QB gave TSheets. And Honestly, it's made TSheets lame compared to many other competitors with great models.

Pros

Basic
Simplistic
easy to understand

Probably the BEST customer support I've come across. As much as I complain... they've got seriously good customer support.

Cons

Not all jobs are customer based... So, this software is limited right off the bat from any complexity.. you'll have to work around and make it work and fit your needs

time sheet editing - It is aweful to just see time worked... maybe when review timesheets... you want to see what was scheduled... late clockins, incomplete shifts, skipped lunch breaks... kinda big deal

NO HR DATA- As I said, nothing to track employee issues. Your poor employee performance won't have much info here for you to keep track of.

Not an easy way to break a shift because your employee was too lazy to c/in and out

No auto stop for shifts- one employee had 4 days until the shift stopped recording time... I wanted to see how long it would keep creating shifts.. 180 hrs and it finally stopped (and I think I accidently closed the shift)

Time sheet closure... Broken... not smooth... so many other time sheet companies do this better.

No Employee shift exchange mechanism

No- Shifts by job not by customer

No- Shifts by location or job site

Employee reports and to do list

ADD - ONS... those are silly. Have the functionality or don't. Add-ons seem like it'll be a charging mechanism... like QB does... so... You can see the coming of "SUBSCRIPTION" based things ... and get nickel and dimed later. Just like QB.

Misty

Reviewed on 4/08/2022

QB's time (formerly T-sheets)

Overall it was pleasant and I still recommedn the software to my clients that just need to track their staffs time and are in QB's online.

Pros

I used to love their customer support when they where T-sheets, they had the frindliest staff. Now it's like any other QB's product and customer service, it lacks that personal touch. I used this for time tracking but I needed software where I could easily compare my employee's timesheets to what projects they billed out for the week to make sure they weren't missing time. It's not the most intuitive time tracking software but it was great for tracking my emlpoyees time.

Cons

It was hard adding holidays across the board, it would have been nice to be able to pick days my company was closed and apply it across the board to the entire staff. Also, I couldn't easily see what my staff billed versus how much time they worked so I ulitimately ended up choosing another software.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

I ened up leaving QB's time for Timesheets and I love them, back to that personal touch customer service!
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 5/01/2022

definitely not Simple and accurate as advertised

I really took a leap of faith on this product because of what my businesses associates warned me about. I think that quickbooks Time is just not for certain businesses. Especially for smaller businesses with budget conscious projects that have to check time management to ensure I don't go over the payroll allotment for specific projects.

Pros

I was really excited about all of the features this product had to offer. I mean so MANY features but I was very intrigued by the possibility of me being able to utilize this as my one stop shop for scheduling/time tracking/PTO, sick leave management/project time. This seemed like a way I could closely monitor productivity to better stay in budget for projects. I was very thankful for the incredible customer service QuickBooks provided, I was able to come to the realization that this product probably was the best for the company with their truthful, honest assistance.

Cons

I really dislike the amount of redundant features advertised as individual separate features. It was frustrating to say the least. There also were quite a bit of times that I had problems with scheduling and features that work in real time. I know QuickBooks Time is advertised as being "simple and accurate" but it was far from that.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

I had used other QuickBooks software in the past and had a wonderful experience.
kim
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

QuickBooks Time

Overall experience is positive and we have no plans to leave Time or any of the QuickBooks products that we use.

Pros

We adopted it in April 2023 and there was a learning curve but once we got over the curve, it has worked well and is more efficient than GetHarvest which is what we were using. The ease of putting in time is a plus, it is pretty intuitive to use and the integration with QuickBooks Payroll is great.

Cons

Adopting the program is challenging as although it is a Quickbooks product, it is very clear that the customer service reps when you call Time don't know much at all about QuickBooks and the QuickBooks team doesn't know Time. One of our primary reasons for adopting Time was the ability to export the Time directly into QuickBooks for easier invoicing but it was and continues to be challenging to troubleshoot issues as they are not appropriately cross trained.

William

Reviewed on 5/01/2017

Why didn't I do T-Sheets sooner!!!

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which are linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you are able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets :)

Pros

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which is linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you're able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Cons

We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Reviewed on 4/05/2017

Dominic was very prompt very polite very personable and very helpful!

organization and time savings are the two biggest benefits

Pros

Overall ease of use is phenomenal! its extremely convenient, my employees love it. the cloud access is probably my favorite feature. being able to add and edit job codes from the mobile app is great! theres just so many things i love about the software that i cant begin with a review and keep it under 1500 words. in short i like the: compatibility with xero, square and others, i like the functions it can provide with scheduling, job reports etc. the pto is simple and easy to understand which is great. The customer service is absolutely out of this world. i think that might actually be my favorite part of the software. i cant thank you guys enough for putting such an emphasis on that end of things! in todays day and age its a lost service and dealing with tsheets support is always pleasant, easy and fast! very very refreshing!!

Cons

the cons i have are, certain functions are a little hard to get the hang of, for instance the overtime calculator and job costs function, i wish there was a way to add expenses to each employee such as insurance, social security, medicare etc so i could have an itemized list of what each job actually costs and what percentage of it is fixed costs and what can be trimmed or cut out. The complexity and highly indepth nature could be considered a con or a pro its a double edged sword really, i love all of the functions but i feel as though i need to take a class just to understand all of the functions and how to properly use them to make tsheets as effective as it can possibly be. so the in depth nature is fantastic if i were to take the time to train myself or pay to train an employee but a bit of a con when i dont exactly have a ton of spare time to train myself and budgets are tight due to re investing into the company tools and etc. i realize calling that a con is a bit of a stretch because it should be figured into company budget for training/reinvesting but a simplified version could be good or step by step tutorials for each individual function would help so i can train myself on what immedeately is important vs training on the entire software on some stuff i may never need/use. hope that helps! your software is amazing! keep up the fantastic work!!

Victor

Reviewed on 15/09/2022

2022 QuickBooks Best Review

Pros

You can manage your team's time and schedules using QuickBooks Time without a physical time clock or laborious spreadsheets. It can be found in QuickBooks Online and effortlessly works with QuickBooks Payroll and other well-known payroll programs. For firms with employees who need to travel to a job site as well as remote teams, QuickBooks Time is a great fit. In contrast to other time tracking tools, QuickBooks Time offers all the tools you need for light project management as well as task and project costing. Since QuickBooks Time and QuickBooks Online are integrated, data entry for billing and payroll is almost removed. Managing paid time off is one of its fundamental HR aspects, which will lessen the need for extra software. For your small business, QuickBooks Time is a great option because of all of these capabilities.

Your employees might really like keeping track of their time if they have a variety of ways to clock in and out and nice, witty reminders when they forget.

Cons

The base-plus-subscriber charge for QuickBooks Time might be too expensive for some companies, especially if they employ a very large or very small number of people. Furthermore, other companies with straightforward time tracking requirements might find QuickBooks Time to be overly complex.

However, QuickBooks Time's failure to manage employee attestation in areas where employees are required to take breaks is by far its worst flaw. Employers risk incurring significant fines if they don't give rest intervals as specified by state legislation and at the appropriate times. Employers are responsible for ensuring that rest breaks are provided and taken. Consider a different time tracking solution with an attestation toolkit if your company operates in a state that mandates employee rest periods.

Efezino
Efezino
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 9/12/2022

Very Helpful

Overall, while QuickBooks offers a range of benefits and features, it is important for organizations to carefully consider their specific needs and requirements before committing to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks is an excellent software product that has helped my business in many ways. The user-friendly interface and robust features make it easy to manage and track our finances, from invoicing and bill payment to generating reports and analyzing data. The integration with other tools, such as our bank account and credit card, makes it simple to keep our financial information up-to-date and accurate. Additionally, the customer support team is always helpful and responsive, which has been a huge asset for our business. Overall, I would highly recommend QuickBooks to any business looking for a comprehensive and effective financial management solution.

Cons

While QuickBooks is a popular and effective financial management tool, it does have some limitations and potential drawbacks. Some of the potential cons of using QuickBooks include:Cost: QuickBooks can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets. The cost of the software, as well as any additional licenses or modules, can add up quickly.Complexity: QuickBooks is a comprehensive financial management tool that can be complex to set up and use, particularly for organizations that are not familiar with the software. This can be a barrier for some organizations, particularly those with limited IT resources.Integration: While QuickBooks integrates well with other financial tools and services, it may not be as compatible with non-financial systems and applications. This can make it difficult for organizations that use a mix of different software products to fully leverage the capabilities of QuickBooks.Customization: QuickBooks provides a wide range of features and tools, but it may not always be possible to customize the software to fit the unique needs of a particular organization. This can be a limitation for organizations that require specific features or functionality that are not available out-of-the-box.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Fantastic Customer Service

Tsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.

Pros

Besides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.

Cons

The top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.

Harvest

Google Drive

Integration with Quickbooks
Dana

Reviewed on 7/08/2019

OMG! Customer Support is AWESOME!

Overall, I give them a 5 stars... Their customer service, GPS Tracking of employees and mobile time entry plus ease of use by employees and the admin staff are an valuable asset to my business!

Pros

This software is perfect for our on the go team. We can track our technicians, make notes of those extras that always pop up and it is essential for our time and material projects! It is easy for our employees to use on site and even works in different time zones. Can't say enough about this ap. Best off, they have the absolute BEST customer service! Always upbeat and they know their stuff. Rep helped me today get out of a self created jam :-).

Cons

Reports are definitely a down side... They are full of graphs that are confusing rather than informational. But the main payroll report and approval reports work great that you work with all the time work fine. Just gets a little stressful when pulling up project/customer totals over different time frames....

Time Tracker

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Easier to use and the customer support.
Sara

Reviewed on 7/08/2023

Quickbooks time is the best for small business

Since I started using QuickBooks Time, my life has become so much easier! This powerful time tracking software has revolutionized the way I manage my team's hours, streamline payroll processing, and gain valuable insights into my business operations.

Pros

It is simple to use and dispose.The real-time tracking feature enables businesses to monitor employee hours, breaks, and activities as they happen, providing accurate data for better decision-making.By automating time tracking and payroll processes, QuickBooks Time streamlines administrative tasks, freeing up valuable time for employers and HR personnel.

Cons

The GPS position isn't always correct. More grouping choices for our purposes would be beneficial.