About Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice is a 100% free cloud-based invoicing solution designed to help small businesses with invoicing, tracking expenses and, accepting online payments.Key features include project billing, time tracking, reporting,...

Browse Zoho Invoice Reviews

Eric Y. Eric Y.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Excellent Invoicing and Expense Tracking Tool

Excellent experience. For invoicing and expense tracking, this is a great product.

Pros

Hands down, the feature I liked best about Zoho Invoice was its ease of use. I place a lot of emphasis on this aspect of software. If software is difficult to learn, or it is not pleasing to use, then why bother. With Zoho Invoice, I was up and running in less than an hour. Like all of Zoho's software, the user interface is pleasant and makes sense. The product is also stable. No glitches, hiccups, or bugs.

Cons

Not so much a "dislike" as I simply needed software that did more than just invoicing and expense tracking, which is what Zoho Invoice does really well.

Response from Zoho

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for leaving us a terrific review! We are humbled :)

Ease of use has always been at the heart of everything we do at Zoho Invoice, and we're glad to know you like it!

Feel free to share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com anytime.

The Zoho Invoice Team

Replied 23/10/2020
Nathan S. Nathan S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Zoho is a great invoicing tool for small businesses

Pros

Zoho Invoice is a great invoicing tool that allows you to track invoices and payments for services and products.
1) The ability to design your own invoice template to use. Customization is easy but also designer friendly.
2) Tracking payments and expenses from one place. The name may fool you but Zoho Invoice also lets you track time and other expenses related to your business or invoice. This is great for basic bookkeeping.
3) Invoice management is second to none. You can create draft invoices, recurring invoices and others all with a few clicks, the email template is also great as you do not have to write emails.
4) Customer Statements are invaluable. Being able to send a customer a statement of all invoices plus payments they have made is a Godsend for business.
Zoho Invoice may not have all the bells and whistles of Zoho Books but it is an affordable alternative to someone who does not want the accounting side of things but want to still have a basic overview of their financial standing as a business.

Cons

1) Zoho Invoice does not have a feature that allows you to know when a client has seen an email about a payment. This means you may not know if a client has seen your email unless they acknowledge it.
2) My continued gripe with Zoho mobile apps for Android still rings true. While the mobile app has the basic functions of the web interface, compared to iOS, the Android app just does not function as well.
3) The Client Portal does not offer much functionality to a client other than to check their statements, the process of communication has to be started by you to give an estimate and so on. If there was a way to allow a client to also initiate communication from the portal, it would be better.

Justin N. Justin N.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Nothing different than other software

The best part of the software is definitely the front facing client portal. This helps us keep clients informed. We may roll this back out in the future due to this feature.

Pros

Zoho is a solid piece of software. Love that they have a client portal! Clients can login and see their amount due on a project and make payments. They can accept estimates and change orders and pay immediately. This helps us get our money fast!

Cons

We ended up choosing Freshbooks, but only because Freshbooks was more intuitive. This is a great software for anyone that doesn't like Freshbooks.

Quickbooks Online

Response from Zoho

Dear Justin,

Thanks for reviewing us.

We are happy to know that you liked the client portal that Zoho Invoice offers.

However, it's unfortunate for us that you chose to leave. If you can spare a few minutes and drop an email to [email protected], we could know more details on the reasons behind your decision.

We would love to have you with us!

Regards,

QuickBooks Time

Griselda M. Griselda M.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

A LOT PROBLEMS TO LOG IN, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE TO HELP...

Take forever to log in when for some reason i get log out. ALWAYS to many problems to log in....

Pros

Easy to use on the simplest doing invoices

Cons

The template i could chose i love it and is easier for what i need

Response from Zoho

Hi Griselda,

We are sorry about the problems you faced while logging in to Zoho Invoice. We hope our customer success team reached out to you and helped gain access to your account.

In case you still face any challenges, feel free to reach out to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

Regards,

Replied 4/07/2020
Francisco P. Francisco P.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Love it

I've use many different invoicing softwares, some of them very very expensive. None of them are close to the level of satisfaction I get with Zoho Invoicing, the best part is that it integrates with the whole suite of apps and is just perfect. Can't ask for more form this software

Pros

Invoicing is usually a tedious task, but somehow Zoho Invoice makes it super easy to create an invoice in less than a minute, there is nothing in there that I would miss.
The best part is that It has an iOS App that makes it so easy.

Cons

Some times is difficult to change the currency for a client.

Ravindra P. Ravindra P.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Very good for Small Business

Overall happy with Zoho Invoice. It has all the basic functionalities needed to run a small business. Reports and dashboard interface is great. Payment remainders and automation is excellent. It has made my life easy.

Work needed: The only thing lacking is vendor management instead of expense management. Customer side is great. Work needed on Supplier side i.e creation of PO's, receipt of material, expense entry and then payment to the supplier. Every expense can be treated as taken from the supplier. For Ex: Rent, salary, stationaries etc. That way the incoming funds and outgoing funds can be tracked easily inturn profit and loss can be tracked monthly and there will be clear picture of the organization.

One more feature I expect in future is --> Every business has to file taxes every month or quarter(VAT, ST etc). If you can implement a feature where on clicking a button, the software can generate the whole report along with invoices, expenses, tax details etc through which one can easily file taxes, then it will be a added advantage.

Imran J. Imran J.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perhaps the best SaaS for Small Businesses

I would have been reluctant to rate it 10/10, had I not used other services i.e Freshbooks, Xero, and you name it. I am just amazed how exactly it can satisfy a customer like me. , who does not run a traditional online business. Yet it does get the job well done., and very very affordable too.

Pros

Simplicity, intuitive, and to fit into individual needs of different kind of businesses.

Cons

Lack of 'Custom Invoice Templates' and customs fields are okay, however i'd prefer the ability to customize it bit more., and giving different kind of businesses even more control.

Andrés S. Andrés S.

Reviewed on 9/01/2018

One of the best softwares to keep your accounting books in check, even for starters and...

Invoicing, making recurring payments and send payment reminders easily.

Pros

All the features it provides on a free service. It allows you to make invoices, make them recurrent, keep track of your expenses, taxes, make payment portals for your clients, and so much more.

Cons

If you need an extra user (say you are starting a small company with an associate) you need to pay for him. But that is not even a bad thing.

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Affordable Invoicing Software

Love the ease of use, my clientele is able to pay their invoices easily and I always get my money.

Pros

Zoho Invoice supports multiple payment gateways and is very easy to use. They have telephone support when you have questions and are always prompt and courteous.

Cons

I do not have any issues with this software. Does what it claims at an affordable price

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Awesome invoice software with integrated gst (For India)

Pros

- Easy to create invoice and contact from the invoice
- Its updated with gst tax
- Makes job easy for freelancers and startup but for upto 5 customers after that we need to take subscriptions

Cons

- We can have upto 5 Contacts (Free)
- Usable for startups and Freelancers.
- No offline version available.

Matías B. Matías B.

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Cheap and Simple with powerful integration

Moved away from OpenERP due to comlpexity for my small business and the recurring invoicing works great, helped me solved lots of issues.

Pros

For the last 4 years, I've been using Zoho for my small business and it has been a really good decision, is very simple and recurring invoicing works perfectly.

I even had to adapt it to comply with local electronic invoicing requirements using the scripting/webhooks they have, its very powerful and the support team helped a lot.

Cons

Coming from open source apps I miss the endless customization options I have, even simple layout changes to the invoice are really hard or impossible to do, but its really cheap so I can't complain.

Jd D. Jd D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Zoho Invoice Review

It would be benificial to be able to add a banking details section to the invoices and estimates. Currently you are able to insert it into the notes but would be much easier to be able to link it to a section that allows you to sellect from a drop down section.

Pros

Currently using the project as an assistance with setup of invoices for my personal webdesigning bussiness.
The interface is extreamly easy to understand and use.
I esspcialy foudn the software very userfriendly and doing exactly what it needs to. Being able to incoporate the information and generate Invoices and Estimates and also keep track of the bissiness cashflow is eaxtreally helpful.

Cons

The softward does take a little playing arround with to see where everything is and for those not technological inclind it will take some use.

Response from Zoho

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Zoho Invoice, and we're glad to know it helps you have more control over your business cashflow.

With regards to your requirement on displaying the bank details, I understand the 'Customer Notes' might not be appropriate for it. But, Zoho Invoice provides a dedicated space to enter your bank details in the template settings. You can learn more about it here:

Kindly try this once and drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com for any further assistance. We'd love to help!

Replied 14/04/2021
Karen F. Karen F.

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Zoho Invoice saves time and keeps track of your business

Since I started using it I can keep track of my invoices, the aging and what I am earning by client, industry and quarter.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create and deliver an invoice and manage payments. It allows me to track expenses and hours billed.

Cons

One thing I would improve on is the email templates. The invoices look great and then you send it and the HTML looks like one of those spam emails.

Response from Zoho

Hi Karen,

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're glad to know Zoho Invoice helps you keep track of your invoices as well as expenses :)

Regarding the email templates, we'd love to know more about your feedback and work with you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] so that we can discuss.

The Zoho Invoice Team

Replied 5/02/2021
Sergio R. Sergio R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 6/02/2017

Good software for invoice and proforms

I have used it for about 2 years, it gives me all I need even though I do not use all the features it has. However, it is very stable.

Pros

- Easy to set.
- Easy to use.

Cons

- Not identified so far, however I do not use all the features it has so I cannot tell you how is the performance completely.

George D. George D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great application

I have been using Zoho Invoice for years and I love it, it is easy to use, great features to help get reviews and send messages to my clients.

Pros

Cons

Would like it to have the ability to download an app to my iMac

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 4/04/2019

Very useful for invoicing customers

I have so much enjoyed Zoho Invoice. All invoices are usually sent without issues

Pros

Invoicing process is easy and fast enough that it does not reduce productivity. I really like the invoicing templates as well. Makes it so easy to get invoices sent.

Cons

I'll like more integrations to various payment platforms

Elvis F. Elvis F.

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Quality invoices

Pros

I love the ease to generate a quote, either from the mobile application or from the PC, it is very good program, well customizable, it helps me with the programming of recurring invoices.

Cons

I have no complaint at the moment. The price for all the features you have in this software is excellent.

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Zoho Invoice has been a lifesaver and worth every penny!

Zoho Invoice has made invoicing clients much easier to do and to track.

Pros

I find Zoho Invoice to be very easy to use and intuitive. It is especially helpful that customers can pay through the link in the invoice and it will even post the payment against the invoice for you. The recurring invoices are very helpful too.

Cons

My only wish is that I could create a recurring invoice with a recurring payment that will automatically charge the client's credit card.

Francois R. Francois R.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Great invoicing software

Pros

I like the user interface , simple but very efficient

Cons

i don't like the reporting tool that i find a bit hard to use

Response from Zoho

Hi Francois,

Thanks for taking the time to review us!

At Zoho Invoice, our goal has always been to be the one-stop solution for your invoicing needs without compromising the ease of use. We're glad that you like the interface and we'd like to learn more on your feedback on the reporting tool as well.

Feel free to write to us at support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com. We'd love to talk to you!

Replied 13/04/2021
Vilma R. Vilma R.

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Simple, easy and quick

Keep a record of all of my transactions
Fast and easy to generate an invoice
Really helpful for small and growing business

Pros

The fact that almost everything is automated is what I like the most. Makes the job easy and fast. I love that the program gives you templates that you can edit and all you have to do is to change a few things here and there.

Cons

I haven't found anything to dislike yet. So far the experience has been positive. It's worth the price

Ummar H. Ummar H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Invoicing platform all you need from invoice generation to recurring invoices & customizable...

Easily send an invoice by email or I can print invoice directly from browser for persons who don;t have email account.

Pros

Zoho Invoice is the best cloud platform for invoicing if you have a medium sized company , you can easily upload your own logo customize invoice Zoho also give customer portal.

Cons

You can't add more users to invoice if you are using free version it must be included at lease2 users so you can share invoices with your business manager e.t.c.

Regina H. Regina H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I love Zoho Invoicing

Zoho Invoicing keeps track of all my outstanding and paid invoicing or each client. They have made it perfect with the latest update

Pros

They just upgraded the product and it is even better than before which was everything I needed

Cons

No cons for this software. It is a great tool

Robin P. Robin P.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Great!

Overal a great product...

Pros

Pro: The invoices are customizable and can be used with Pay Pay.

Cons

Cons: Does not allow for different dates, such as due date, booking date, sail date. It needs more fields for use in this area.

Joseph H. Joseph H.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Awesome invoice software

Pros

Easy to use and very customizable product for use in business. Has many features of much more expensive software at a cheaper price.

Cons

100% cloud based so when internet goes out so does the software.

Harendra pratap S. Harendra pratap S.

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Zoho invoice is a amazing app for daily use

Pros

Zoho is a very helpful app for shops keeper & all those who create a invoice in our daily life. this is amazingly creating a very beautiful invoices in very low time.