Crisp Reviews

About Crisp

Crisp is a cloud-based helpdesk platform designed to help small to midsize enterprises improve communications with website visitors using personalized campaigns, live chat, and public status pages. The centralized platform lets...

Browse Crisp Reviews

Katherine
Katherine
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

Amazing Customer Service and a Great Chat App

Crisp chat has totally replaced our other chat program for my startup at a very fair price. Their set up was a breeze, according to our Marketer, and I personally think their customer support is excellent. You have the ability to add gifs and customize the chat to whatever degree you want. It has really been good for us!

Pros

They are very fair about pricing and their customer support is amazing. I had an issue with a duplicate account being created, and their support not only walked me through the problem and helped me solve it, but they also were super nice and friendly and made the whole experience lovely. Plus, their docs are amazing and very helpful!

Cons

The only problem I had was an accidental duplicate site being created. When I signed up it sent me to what seemed like the correct site, but was actually a copy of ours. This was fixed very quickly though!

Response from Crisp

Thank you very much for that nice feedback !

Replied 14/02/2020
Simon

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Really great product

I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost.

The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available.

I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

Cons

It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline.

I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

Intercom and Zendesk Suite

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Crisp

Easier to use. Better features for my needs.
Fernando

Reviewed on 5/04/2023

Very good tool but it has many things to imprive

If they want to have more clients, I think that they should simplify the integrations with other tools. For example ActiveCampaign that's a real CRM but very expensive for email marketing and doesn't have direct integrations with WhatsApp, Instagram, etc

Pros

With Crisp, you can have email marketing, webchat, and chatbots on Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Telegram & WhatsApp so it simplifies the communication with a contact, but...

Cons

The CRM that they mention is not a CRM. Is a very limited contact list that has a lot of problems when you try to integrate it with Zapier, Integrately, etc. If you want to do some changes or integrations you will need to use code and they don't help you by saying that "is very easy" and the don't have any list of partners/developers to contract.

Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing Crisp

Delivery problems with Acumbamail

Acumbamail

Top Crisp Alternatives

Viktor
Viktor

Reviewed on 1/05/2019

Great live chat system, even better help docs

Overall Crisp is an excellent platform, especially for what they charge. Their pricing is one of the things that attracted me to their platform, in addition to all the features. It makes communication easier, especially since it integrates several channels into one platform. Allows us to reply quickly, in many cases, instantly. They just need to fix never-ending conversations, and I'll be 100% happy.

Pros

Crisp is an excellent live chat and communication tool for support and sales. It's easy to use, has a mobile app that I use to reply to queries, and it also integrates other platforms like Twitter DMs, Telegraph, Line. We use Twitter DMs often as prospects and clients tend to DM us sometimes. In addition to chat itself, I really do like their help docs solution (knowledge base). It's very easy to manage, has very nice and clean design, and offers really good JS SDK for integrating with your website/apps. It's nice to be able to display articles in modal on our website.

Cons

My biggest issue with Crisp are never ending conversations. There's no way to have separate conversations with the same customer, old conversations get dragged into new conversations. It really needs a way to keep conversations separate, similar to other platforms like Intercom. For example, it sends out chat transcript after an hour of inactivity in chat. Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript. When I chat with Crisp's support and experience platform as a customer, those things are a bit annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for this nice review :) We will try to improve the feature you are talking about !

Replied 2/05/2019
Arnaud
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 19/11/2023

Crisp is THE best software to boost customer satisfaction

Overall, I'd say Crisp is the way to go if you're an early-stage startup or SMB. You'll have the quality of an enterprise product for a fraction of the price. The team is also exceptional, this is what makes the difference.

Pros

What I like the most about Crisp is that in 1 single platform, you can have a strong live-chat software and a helpdesk software that is easy to use. The team is very responsive and always pushing update. The platform is very stable and I never see major bugs in more than 2 years now.

Cons

At first it was the UI/UX of the live chat that was getting older but they nailed the updates on that. They pretty much have everything we need so it's hard to find weak spots on that one!

Milly
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Crisp Online Chat

Overall, using Crisp to support our customers has proven to be beneficial.

Pros

It's easy to use.
Everything is well documented.
It is reliable to be up.

Cons

I really liked to engage in an online meeting with the Crisp support team due to some lingering questions that couldn't be resolved through the available online resources. Unfortunately, it appears that such personalized online sessions come at an additional cost.

Savya
Savya

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

One of the best live chat tool for websites.

Crisp has made it so much easier to communicate with customers, and provide a much better way to handle them using the chat bot and chat triggers. It's also connects with different platforms like discord and messenger as well that has helped me communicate with customers in different ways. This tool is definitely one of the best live chat platform to use.

Pros

Crisp is very easy to setup and use in a website. I can send automated message to customers using chat bots, even when i'm offline. Crisp also integrates with other platforms like facebook and slack, allowing my team to converse with clients seamlessly.

Cons

The pricing is a bit costly, and having more visually customizable options would be great. It's also a bit tricky to setup the chat triggers, but we figured it out.

Response from Crisp

Thank you so much for your kind review, we'll make sure to improve our product following your feedback :)

Replied 31/08/2023
Sayuj
Sayuj

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

The Perfect Live Chat Tool for Websites.

Pros

Crisp offers a great solution for customer management, with a simple and easy to use interface, seamless integrations between other several apps providing us more flexible options making it more convenient for customers to communicate with us as well.

Cons

It still is a bit tricky to set up the triggers, and it also would be great to have more customizable options for our live chat.

Response from Crisp

Hey there,

Thank you very much for this nice review about our website chat widget.

Regards,

Antoine

Replied 10/11/2023
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Crisp - Great Product

Pros

Been using Crisp for a few years and it has been excellent. Reliable, always new features released, and great support.

Cons

Nothing really. If there was a better integrated ticketing system that would be amazing.

Response from Crisp

Hey there,

thank you very much for this great review about Crisp Customer Support platform 🫶

Regards,

Antoine

Replied 10/11/2023
Colin
Colin

Reviewed on 8/03/2018

Easy, quick, powerful

Pros

I like Crisp because you can manage different conversation with a lot of operators.
Notes, message editing, live assist, very customizable, quite cheap

Cons

The feature allowing you to see your interlocutor's screen is not that efficient, but useful
I miss integration with freshdesk

Response from Crisp

Hello and that you for your review!

Don't hesitate to to contact us about your issues with MagicBrowse so we can fix it

Replied 12/03/2018
Philipp
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

Non-expensive solution for support teams

Pros

Quite inexpensive pricing options comparing to competition. Reactive support.

Cons

Limited integration options and customisation.

Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Crisp

Mostly pricing and simplicity of implementation on the test phase of our project.

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Don't bother with Email Inbox

Pros

The Live Chat is great. However the package is more than just Live Chat. It is about having a unified inbox to centrally manage incoming messages be it social media, support emails, etc.

Cons

The email inbox functionality is a total fail as it is unable to render rich content / HTML emails. They appear in plain-text and are unreadable. Even the: VIEW ORIGINAL EMAIL option does not fully work.

The main reason to use Crisp is a unified inbox. With regards to receiving emails through their inbox, they recommend it is especially useful to forward support type emails.

Well let me warn you, their email functionality is lacking!
It is not possible to view rich-content emails i.e. no HTML emails. It displays in the inbox as text which is unreadable.

Speaking to support they said the only option is to select the: VIEW ORIGINAL EMAIL link.
However, even this does not work.

Support simply states:
"Just a heads up, that is how the message shows in some email providers. Our transcripts use latest email styling techniques, that may break rendering on older email clients, or those that are not up to latest standards."

WELL let me tell you... the email I am referring to is ACTUALLY one of THEIR marketing emails that can't display. In addition to 99% of all other emails.

And after I took it up with support again, the reply was they have too much on their plate:
"Our dev has noted this already but we cannot change this right away as we are having too much on our plate."

So do yourself a favour and don't bother with Crisp if you are hoping to use their unified inbox for email.

Zouhair
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Really enjoy to have a chatbox with my face on it! Should have been there for a long time!

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma.

The dashboard that lets you talk with your prospects is one of the simplest I have ever used. I was using Zopim in the early days but Crisp is way more intuitive. I had a few discussions with their CEO last week about an issue they had with their iOS app.

The team fixed it very quickly and now everything seems to perfectly work. In a nutshell, I recommend Crisp if you are looking for something simple.

Pros

Affordable price, great customization and simple integration to our existing website

Cons

Need more infos on the customers but i think it will come on next updates

Response from Crisp

Thank you Zouhair.

Regarding your needs to access more information on your customers, you are perfectly right and it is coming in the next release :)

Feel free to reach me at [email protected] to get a preview access.

Replied 8/10/2016
Nessim

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Great tool for CSM and HelpDesk

Pros

- Easy to use- Great customer service- Great value for money- Always new update- Great communication with the newsletter

Cons

- New great integrations (like Stripe) are expensive (50% of our monthly subscription)

Tatianna
Tatianna

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

There are other, better, company chat options.

I personally prefer Drift over most other chats. We used them before, but they got a bit pricey for us. We switched to using Crisp and Intercom, and let me just say, you get what you pay for. Intercome works way better than Crisp and has more functionality, but it's also more expensive than Crisp, so there's that.

All in all, it works for the bare minimum of what we absolutely need it for which is real-time chat. Other than that, not impressed.

Pros

Crisp is one of the least expensive options, which is mostly the reason we use it now. It does well as an onsite quick chat for customers to ask questions then hop off.

Cons

This software is not the easiest to use. It's pretty simple overall, but the UI and explanations of what options it provides need some work. Triggers are not very intuitive or robust enough for more advanced chat strategy. Also, their reporting options are not good at all. It does not offer the ability to track much of anything except messages sent by each rep.

Berfin Tanya
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Using crisp is reaaly easy and helpful for live support

Pros

Desktop, app and email notifications are really good. User friendly app and website.

Cons

I have no bad comments about crisp app or website

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Beautiful chat interface and innovative approach

Pros

Folks at Crisp are innovative for sure. If I am not wrong they were the first one who came out with peek feature wherein you can find out - in real time - what your users are typing. Since then I have seen them innovating a lot and their competitors simply copy them.

Cons

Nothing really. The best chat solution. Period.

benjamin

Reviewed on 11/10/2016

Your service is great but as I told you, triggers are missing.

I use Crisp everyday to get feedback on QuelMetier. Their customer support is available 24/7 and was willing to implement most of the features I needed. I recommend Crisp if you need a reliable solution to talk with your clients.

Pros

Great product and very easy to implement.

Cons

Please can you implement triggers. It is not easy for non-programmers to use your Javascript SDK. I hope you will build a plugin for this in the future.

Response from Crisp

Crisp Team is making an automated message system. Leave a message to [email protected] to get the preview :)

Replied 12/10/2016

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

User friendly

Pros

The UI is good. It makes it easy to add notes and search for histric conversations with clients. The mobile app makes it easier for me when I am travelling.

Cons

The load time is a little more than it should be. I get a notification on my mobile app, but to see it on the system, it takes time to load.

The notifications for mobile also work vice versa, Due to which sometimes I miss on chats.

Don
Don
  • Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 7/02/2019

Tells you when someone is on your website and where they are

Pros

The only function I use Crisp for is to get notifications when someone is visiting my website. This helps me prepare for communications ahead of time.

There are a ton of plugins that allow you to integrate other tools with Crisp.

Cons

Great for live chat but other apps provide a more robust communication toolset for the entire sales cycle.

Lucas

Reviewed on 15/10/2016

Lucas from Deepress.io

We are a startup and we are using Crisp to collect early feedback. It is a tool that is very useful !

Pros

Lots of capabilities.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike. I would love to send emails from Crisp. Mailchimp could cost us a lot of money in a few months.

Response from Crisp

Hey Lucas, thanks for taking the time to add a review about Crisp. :)

Replied 15/10/2016
Richard
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 4/05/2022

Advanced features, yet easy to set up

I needed a simple way to add live chat functionality to my website, which Crisp was able to offer in an attractive way with an easy learning curve.
Support is very helpful and friendly.

Pros

Crisp was very easy to set up with its out of the box standard features. The interface shows there’s a lot of advanced tuning and refinement available, but I haven’t tried that out yet. Also one of the most attractive interfaces I’ve some across recently. The live global visitors map is really exciting when you’re a startup.

Cons

The conversation history view was a bit baffling to me at times.

Jack
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 7/05/2017

Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing

With Crisp, my company has the ability to sell our products to customers and communicate at a personal level.

Pros

-Ease Of Use
-Pretty chat box design
-Extremely powerful campaign and marketing features
-Triggers are very easy to use, but effective

Cons

I love crisp, but the ads to "Upgrade to Unlimited" are very annoying. I am subscribed to the Pro plan and when I accidentally click a feature that is only available to unlimited, the ads popup. I feel that these features should be hidden when you are not subscribed to them.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Crisp helped to integrate several business chats into one and improved our webchat service

Integration of several other chats and apps that we were already using throughout the business day

Pros

I liked Crisp's ease of integration between several other apps and programs that we were already using to improve our chat across offices and states during the business day.

Cons

I haven't had a lot of negative experiences with this software. Customer service is reasonable and helpful and Crisp works well for us.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 16/07/2018

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Great communication tool for small business

Great overall experience, highly recommend

Pros

Crisp gives you a 14 day free trial with full capabilities and then the option to continue on a free tier. It is perfect for small business with ambitions to grow over time. Simple to setup, simple to use. Great product.

Cons

Language setting a little difficult to setup when website has multiple languages.