About InSync Healthcare Solutions

Enhance patient care with InSync's fully integrated, easy-to-use, cloud-based healthcare IT solutions configured specifically to your practice and workflows. EHR, practice management, medical billing, telemedicine, e-prescribing...

Browse InSync Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Dalene O. Dalene O.

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Great

Great Implement program. The training is great. The trainers are very patient and great to work with. Overall, the time that is being saved from working with InSync is great, and makes up for the cost of the program.

Pros

It is web based so we can use it any office and at home. Everything we need for the practice is all in one place.

Cons

The wording that is used in the software was a little hard to get used to at first. Takes some time to understand and use all that it offers.

TheraNest, SimplePractice and TherapyNotes

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Needed better web base, with better customer support. Insync offered more services for what we needed.

TheraNest

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Just a better software over all for the cost. Theranest charged us way to much even before going live with them.
Kierra H. Kierra H.

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Review of Insync

With all of the above being said, I think [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job! There were some hiccups along the way but he helped us walk through them. It is always hard going from one platform to another- you are so used to doing things the old way that you think that is the way the work flow should be. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job of showing us what we are capable of doing in Insync. He would ask "why do you want to do it that way" and the answer 90% of the time was because that was what we were used to. He would then show us how Insync gets to that same end result and why it was done that way. He went to bat for us with support to try and get a few things added/changed- a big one for us was the scheduler. In the old system we had a view where we could see all the facilities schedules on one schedule, we very much miss that view. We know that it may or may not be implemented but he was still willing to do the work to try. I always had lots of questions and he was always willing to answer them and if he didn't have the answer he was willing to spend the time to find the answer. He was a great asset to our implementation.

Pros

(I used all three sections below to describe our overall experience with Insync) I would say that we are too new to the experience with Insync to really comment on if/how it has helped the business/ practice. I would like to comment on our implementation experience. It is my impression that no one really knew what was going on at the start, I do not blame this on any one person. It sounds like the type of training that we decided to do (Insync University with 10 hours of training with a specialist) was a new tier. Doing the training via the University came with its own challenges as it is hard to find space in a full practice for clinicians/ support staff to get training done. It would have been very nice to have an itinerary laid out. (We were given the itinerary for the large market at first and while that looked overwhelming it was nice to see the time frames and what was expected) For instance, week one workbook completed, week two- trainings 1-6 complete (setup reminder configuration), week three trainings 7-12 completed (ECPS done for the providers)..etc.

Cons

There was a lot that needed to be done but I always felt like we were missing something or we were rushed to get stuff done because we didn't actually know it needed to be completed. When it came to training with a certified Insync trainer, we did one 5 hour block where we closed the clinic so everyone could attend the training. We walked away from that with lots of questions, unsatisfied. It may have been untraditional for a clinic to want to do all their clinical training in one setting but that is what worked best for us as a clinic. The trainer went through the initial setup of the EHR 4 different times, totaling probably 4 hours of that training. Each group that we had go (front desk, med providers, therapists) were walked through the basics/ set up of the EHR. We feel as though it would have been more efficient to have the trainer do the basics once and then break it down further with each individual group. Again, I don't blame this on one person, I think there was confusion based on the training package we bought. I hope our experience can help shape a better implementation process for future practices!

Jennifer F. Jennifer F.

Reviewed on 16/05/2021

Mixed Batch

Overall it has often felt like smoke and mirrors on many occasions. We greatly appreciate the support of our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and really loved [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; however, the sales team really sold us on all the support that we will obtain and then after changing Account Managers after starting and having to ask really pointed questions we only over the last two months are crystal clear on what InSync/RCM will and won't do and we specifically told the sales team that we did not have any billing team or any front office staff to support us and we were told not a problem "we do it all from nuts to bolts." As a result of this misled information we are now paying for additional support staff that we previously did not have because it is clear that InSync/RCM does not "do it all."
The amount of changes mid-stream that we have had (i.e., our software wasn't set up for onboarding, the person who trained us left the day of our training, you switched our Account Manager after 2 months of onboarding us, we lost our auth specialist, we were never fully trained on all the reporting available, and we weren't fully trained on the Issues log) happen has been very disconcerting. It makes us wonder if the business model at InSync/RCM is truly focused on supporting the businesses they are set to support or they are focused on only their business model. This all has left us wondering if we made the right choice.

Pros

The basic use of the product in providing and generating progress notes and an assessment are easy to use; however, the actual nuts and bolts of what can be done and all the workflow specifics of what support can provide the user was not a known reality to our group.
We really like that for those bills that are straight forward and clean that we are seeing a return pretty quickly. We love the fact that the software can be versatile and provide us data points as long as you know how to select all the specific fields to generate the report.

Cons

We find obtaining data reports quite difficult because there are so many specific items that must be set up in the individual reports it is hard to use in that way. Given that our set up was botched and then our training was limited thereafter it led to us finding 8 months later that we were not closing loops on our claims which has led to a great deal of financial loss. I think the biggest concern is that the sales team really misspoke when they said that we were all fine and that the billing team will do it all for us. That resonates in my mind almost weekly as we continue to slough through billing issues that were made in the beginning. Equally, that the person who was to do our set up and have us ready did not have our system set up which greatly delayed our onboarding and vastly changed our system and created a lack of trust from the onset. Outside of that the fact that our Account Managers changed before we were fully onboarded caused us to struggle with the Issues Log down the road as well. Presently our additional issue is that we have not been able to easily identify where our total issues log items reside to follow up with a "click of a button" like the sales team said would happen. Another concern is that in trying to set up a customizable report by meeting with our support team three times has led to more concern that those that write the custom reports do not understand what the user wants regardless of how we explain it.

Top InSync Healthcare Solutions Alternatives

Claire O. Claire O.

Reviewed on 9/03/2021

Insync - efficiencies on EHR and RCM sides

Overall Insync Healthcare Solutions is a comprehensive integration of clinical and business in one user-friendly customizable product.

Pros

We have been using Insync for a year now and overall have been very pleased.
On the EHR side, the customization of the platform, particularly the Encouter Notes has been the best feature. Being able to tailor it to our patient population with integration of review of systems, quick check-boxes and so many scales has streamlined our documentation and improved efficiency.
On the RCM side, having a designated team has been invaluable! Our Accountant Managers have been very knowledgable and creative, out-of-the-box investigators and our revenue stream has steadily increased over the past year.
Additionally, the Customer Support Team has also been incredibly accessible and so helpful in problem-solving issues that arise.

Cons

The reports are plentiful, but almost too many options. It has been somewhat challenging to find the right reports to measure productivity. The RCM team continues to take our feedback and are regularly updating and improving reports.

Sondra R. Sondra R.

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Carbon County Counseling Center

I have to say that all of my interactions with InSync and the various staff that I dealt with were very pleasant to work with and very helpful. Our Implementation Specialist and Trainer,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was awesome to work with. He was always willing to help in any way and was patient when we needed clarification on something more than once. He was really helpful in helping brainstorm different things that might be helpful to our agency, since I wasn't getting much feedback from my staff. He was very knowledgeable about the system. If there was something that he couldn't do or wasn't sure about, he was quick to get right on addressing the issue/question/concern. This helped us to continue to move forward in the process. He also did a really great job about following up with us and helping us work out some kinks that came up after we went live.

Pros

I liked that this software was fairly easy to navigate. It is also easy to make modification and changes to various aspects of the system, so that it can grow with us and be molded to fit our needs as our needs change. I also like the fact that it is internet based, so that we aren't limited to access and staff can get caught up on their work or can work from home if the need arises, particularly with the COVID-19 pandemic. I also like the fact that the system seems to capture more information and helps provide a clearer picture of what our clients needs and progress are. I also like how easy it is to create forms to add to our system, so that we can transition to a completely paperless system. I also love the fact that you have videos to show how to do certain tasks in the system. It made my life a lot easier when it came to learning the system and training the staff. It is also nice to go back and get a refresher if it is something that we don't do every day.

Cons

We did have some difficulty with integrating the software into our agency, but I don't really think that had anything to do with the software. I think that it was more of a reluctance of some staff to learn a new system and being kind of set in their ways. I also think that we could have customized things so much more if I would have received feedback from my clinical staff. I have since learned of so many other options that we had available to us, as we have merged with a different agency (High Country Behavioral Health) and I have seen how differently they are set up. Like I said though, I don't think this had anything to do with the software, more the individuals that were going to be using it and that I needed feedback from.

Some of the videos were a little outdate, because updates had been made. Some individuals had some difficulty with that. I still really like that you guys had that option.

Kelly K. Kelly K.

Reviewed on 5/08/2020

Outstanding Development and Implementation

The different stages I have been in with InSync has far exceeded my expectations. The team I have worked with from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] everyone has been not just patient and kind, but knowledgeable and helpful. The customer service alone would keep me with InSync, but the actual product is easy for all of our different types of workers from the more technologically hesitant to those who are more fluent in different EHRs. I was hesitant to change EHRs because I know how extensive the transition can be but I have to say it has gone much much better than I would have ever thought!

Pros

I have had to change systems before just a few years ago and the development and implementation team we worked with for InSync was beyond phenomenal. Not just knowledgeable but really eager to make the system work for us instead of just getting it implemented. We had some big changes for our organization in the middle of it and the InSync team came to us with not just a ton of positivity but with solutions and suggestions to our concerns. Phenomenal team.

Cons

I am currently at a point where I am finding very little that I dislike about the program. There is always the minor hiccup here and there finding things we thought we created right but needing to adjust and that really just comes with any system.

Valant EHR Suite

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

We needed an EHR with a better flow in day to day use, less builds upon builds, and faster resolutions to issues. We were combining two states for the first time and the options we had in InSync would far exceed what we had in MyEvolv.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Pricing obviously is always key for a smaller non-profit organization. The ease of the system, it is intuitive and is an every flowing system, not waiting for more builds to be stacked on top of each other to work. The hope for faster response times on problems with the system and also the ability to use the system easily on any browser, the client portal and the overall team we were dealing with.
Jacqueline A. Jacqueline A.

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

RCM Services

Pros

This software has definitely improved our workflow processes and has exceeded our expectations regarding the easiness and accuracy of implementation from our previous reports. The product itself is user-friendly but what is most valuable to us is the constant overview and assistance provided by our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We are extremely satisfied with her and her team’s support.

Cons

There are constant changes being made to the software program, which can create a learning curve at times, but we understand and are confident these ongoing changes are only implemented to better the products and we all benefit from these changes.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We chose InSync not only because of its competitive price and licensing benefits but also because of all the products it offers on both ends with RCM and EHR.
Tosin B. Tosin B.

Reviewed on 16/10/2015

InSync has been a great, easy to use product!

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the product! There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you've got it down, you don't want to use anything else. I've used EMRs before, but InSync is one of the simplest to use by far. Don't confuse simplicity for lack of features though. The software is pretty robust and can handle almost anything you can think of. They really took the time to make this product user-friendly and feature-rich. The vendors have also been awesome to work with! They take the time to understand your needs and cater the product to best fit your practice. They usually bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied with the product and your needs are taken care of. I was so happy that my sales reps took the time to demo the product and features anytime I asked or explained anything I had questions about. It was so easy to know exactly how a feature of InSync would help my practice. InSync has been great for my practice and I’m truly glad that I bought it.

Cons

Like others have said, entering in EOBs manually can be a pain. However, once you get ERAs to work, it greatly reduces the stress of posting. Occasionally, you get some hiccups with the EMR being web-based (i.e. timeouts, pages loading slow), but overall it's a great product. Emailing support can be 60/40. Sometimes you get great people to work with and other times you can't get someone to solve your issue. However, I usually get much better people over the phone and a much faster response time.

Stefani B. Stefani B.

Reviewed on 3/09/2021

Account Manager Review "[SENSITIVE CONTENT]"

Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been nothing short of amazing. Whenever we have a question or issue about a claim, insurance payment, fee schedule, or how to run the correct reports he is right there to help me. Recently I had a huge task to break down our earning per month for 4 doctors. I asked our account manager to help me with this and we set up a working zoom meeting. We spent 2 hours on this zoom meeting pulling all the numbers and organizing them into spreadsheets. I could not ask for a better account manager to help us with all the day to day tasks we have to complete!

Pros

The easiness of post EFT/ERAs. Also posting patient payments is easy.

Cons

All the different reports that can be pulled. Sometimes less is more.

Sandy S. Sandy S.

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

InSync EHR/PM

Our overall experience has been positive and InSync certainly delivers on the customer service. The issues we have encountered have been or will be addressed. Our implementation team was outstanding, along with the on-site trainers and support team. We believe that moving to this product will improve our service delivery and we will be more connected as a team while providing better patient experiences.

Pros

The dashboard and the multitude of integrated features were the selling points for our agency. As we implemented the software, we came to understand how each of the features worked in making a complete medical record for the patient. It's easy to find all the basic information that a provider needs in one place. Navigation is simple and the software is packed with numerous ways to find information. The Practice Management module is also powerful with its rule engine, and with the new business rules, it will make billing even more efficient.

Cons

Our agency has run into numerous issues after implementing the software. Some are just nuisances, others have caused larger problems such as the inability to bill notes. We have not been impressed with the eMAR module as it seems to have too many problems/"bugs". We also find the bed board to be lacking in functionality. For PM, it seems to be taking longer than expected to work out details to get billing moving.

Michael V. Michael V.

Reviewed on 17/08/2019

Why a 10?

In the first few week, we have already sealed some holes in our previous billing system, that the previous system overlooked or outsourced to third parties. Making the process cumbersome. This has increased our productivity, as well as increased our revenue.

Pros

After using another software product for several years and feeling frustrated by both the software and the support I searched for another choice. The ease of use is far superior any other system from the way the EMR is setup to the billing and remittance. The support team from start to finish and beyond is phenomenal. The access to support has been absolutely seamless.

Cons

To date the only con has been trying to incorporate all the possible tools the system has to offer. The system has more tools than we can possibly use so it may take some time to reign it in to our needs. Better to have too much than too little.

Tamora E. Tamora E.

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Making progress

This was the first electronic medical records system we had used. It was a big learning curve for staff and there were some nay-sayers. It was hard to get things done. It has been a very pleasant experience returning to them.

Pros

Integration was positive. They are listening and implementing some very important pieces. This is the 2nd time with them, after trying another system for about a month.

Cons

Some of the processes and programming made me feel uncomfortable. It seemed that in the beginning they were too quick to say 'it cannot be done' but that has changed.

Ren S. Ren S.

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], Best Support Ever

We experienced some problems- our salesman told us meds would transfer over - we found out only after we had purchased they did not. Roll out - and our training was not what we needed - knowing what I know now- and it was very stressful with the lack of training we had - but - we got through it. Then came in [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - she is THE most responsive person I have Ever encountered in my professional career. She would email you back within minutes- often less than 1 minute - with a concise answer. She left us all with more confidence about your product and how to navigate in the fewest number of clicks- that might sound like a small pt - but when you do some steps over a hundred times a day - deleting a couple steps here and there is a Huge timesaver. Please know - I am not at all trying to be critical on the above noted- but I just want you to honestly know it was bumpy - so you can look at your process(es) and improve - it won’t take a lot on your part to get to an A+.
Thanks!

Pros

The set up is nice & the Rxing portion was straight forward- wish you could Rx from the meds pulled globally - and wish it included Refill #

Cons

The Portal - I wish appt was Approved and then Confirmed the appt.
reminder later to just say “dont forget your appt etc” Not to Confirm appt.
and When Pt completes CANCEL need to know when they cancel- date time -for Broken Appt Fee when Cancel <24 hrs !

Tonya S. Tonya S.

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

Amazing Customer Service for a Great System

Pros

How easily customizable the system is for your specific practice. InSync implementation team is amazing at figuring out what we were talking about it and adjusting the software to meet our needs. Billing has become so much more streamlined, we are able to check eligibility and copay without having to spend time on the phone for each patient. The process of attaching the copay to the claim is as simple as clicking a button, which is such a great time saver. Our practice was new to any EHR system, so it has been important that the whole team has been available to help any of our staff as needed. It was important for our system to be able to be on our server rather than a cloud/web based application, due to our internet having issues due to the location we are in. This was one of the very few systems that met our needs as well as our wants.

Cons

On the scheduler, master view it would be nice to see all the clinicians at the same time, rather than having to scroll to the right. At times posting payments can be an undertaking if certain insurances are not set up to do ERA, but I find it is quick once you get in the groove of posting the payments. The call reminder system has some hiccups for us, but InSync is working on it.

Bob H. Bob H.

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

Insync EHR

We have been able to move to a process that utilizes less paper, along with time savings by having all pieces of our processes under one system. Moving to this system has also allowed us better tracking of responsibilities within the system.

Our implementation specialist(s) / team at Insync was great to work with and tried to make sure we had the necessary information to make informed decisions when designing the system. They allowed us to make the system what we wanted versus telling us how we needed to have the system. There training with our staff was also great. They took the time to tailor the training to making sure our staff understood how the new system worked and the importance of following the correct steps.

Pros

We were able to build and design the system to fit our processes ourselves but had the support of the Insync Implementation Team to guide us along the way. The system also had predefined templates for us to use if we needed to.

Cons

It was difficult at times to understand how things linked together within the different modules of the system. The reporting features are not as easy to customize on our own. After the implementation phase of the process, the timeliness of addressing questions or concerns is not as timely as we experienced during implementation.

Terry S. Terry S.

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Great change of EHR

The support people were outstanding [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was hands on all the time and I could not have asked for better support

Pros

The product is easy to use, We like the format for the notes and checking the notes. The specifications that we requested were implemented however the narrative spaces could be more specific

Cons

The mental health evaluation are not licensure approved evaluation formats. The current format applies to the daily observation but does not provide for the full picture of mental health.

Tonya M. Tonya M.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

InSync is awesome!

Try InSync out. You won't regret it. It will make your practice run smoothly and their customer support team is always available to help with any questions or needs that you might have.

Pros

The ease of use. I am able to do everything I need to do to run my office efficiently all in one easy to use program. They are always looking for ways to make improvements to make my job better!

Cons

I would like an easier way to find patient balances and co pays and balances when I am scheduling their appointments (less steps) but it isn't really a con. Honestly couldn't come up with one other than that

Daniel B. Daniel B.

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Excellent Collaboration with InSync Product Development Team

Pros

Jesher Mohan, has been pivotal in helping to customize and fine tune the use of InSync for our growing counseling group practice. He understands what our needs are, is prompt, is professional and communicates well. He was easily accessible and was flexible in his scheduling with us. Lastly, he did tremendous work being the liaison between us and the product team in helping to adapt InSync to be a useable EHR product for the Visually Impaired. Amazing work, nicely done!

Cons

I bit overwhelming at first, but the overall software is robust and efficient.

Rebecca R. Rebecca R.

Reviewed on 6/05/2021

InSync

Pros

InSync integrates scheduling, clinical documentation, payment collection, and claim submission into one package that is easy to use and minimum training. Customer support is helpful and pleasant.

Cons

Some reporting features are missing for overall health of the practice and looking into detail of production on a long term basis. InSync is open to enhancement requests and improving services monthly.

Blair D. Blair D.

Reviewed on 3/06/2020

Making the switch from Valant to InSync

I've had a good experience with InSync--nearly all the people I interacted with were helpful, and worked hard to make sure our team made the transition of EHRs easily.

Pros

The fact that it works on all browsers and devices and has a strong templated notes system.

Cons

It's complicated and the form builder isn't very easy to use.

Kelsey M. Kelsey M.

Reviewed on 4/03/2021

Excellent System

Wonderful - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been SUPER helpful. She is extremely knowledgeable and goes above and beyond expectations. I highly recommend her.

Pros

I love how this software uses Zoom for their telehealth platform. I love this system is a "one stop shop".

Cons

I wish there were back buttons or the ability to have multiple screens up at once rather than having to go back into something again.

Rachella M. Rachella M.

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Excellent product and Superb Support/Training

Our implementation support guide, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is PHENOMENAL. We can't say enough good things about her and the team at InSync.

Pros

We really appreciate how customizable this program is and the ability to not have to compromise on functionality and workflow because of limitations within the EHR program we are using.

Cons

There are no cons that come to mind. It's a great system.

Marie S. Marie S.

Reviewed on 3/09/2020

New Opportunities, Inc

Overall the system is functioning. We have some areas to tweak. I was hoping it would be more time efficient but that does not appear to be the case.
Our implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was attentive to us and was available at all times. We appreciated her willingness to answer questions. She did a great job. She walked us through the process and was patient with us. Our time frame for implementation was very short unfortunately and COVID pandemic had our training over ZOOM. Definitely out of Insync's control but still a factor.

Pros

we were able to customize the software to our forms making it feel more familiar to us and could be a reflection of our current process. Our implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a great job in assisting us to create the document and make it user friendly.

Love the scheduler within the system and the ability to get reports.

Cons

The inability to delete forms in the document manager. All goes into pdf form. Difficulty reviewing documents and making changes. Have to re-create the entire document. Th is is not user friendly or time efficient.

The consent area is problematic since there is no formal way to "revoke" a consent if a client wants to revoke. Using a "sticky note" within the system is NOT very reliable. Other systems have the ability to revoke and it shows right on the form it is revoked. This is a major area of concern.

Samille F. Samille F.

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

Executive Director

Our agency has chosen InSync as our EMR and we are overly pleased. The software is adaptable to our practice needs so that all of our programs are accessible in just one system. The Team at InSync are experts in this field. Not only are they knowledgeable but are able to explain each step of the implementation process in everyday terms. I could not have asked for better Team Members for this project than Matt and Suzanne. The Team being available at any time for any question is definitely a plus. I consider them a part of my Team! I am sure that we made the best choice.

Carol B. Carol B.

Reviewed on 8/01/2021

inSync PM

From the start we had a great team marketing the product who were knowledgeable and responsive to all our questions, and the implementation team was phenomenal! Our implementation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was always available and quick to assist us on any question or issue from any team member. Our trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was also gold! Patient and eager to be sure we all felt comfortable throughout the training.

Pros

Really love how customizable it is to our own workflow and how easy it is to use plus that it is cloud based.

Cons

I wish there was a way to upload our own resource info to families in the portal