About AccountEdge

AccountEdge's banking tools allow users to send and receive money, prepare bank deposits and electronic payments, print checks and reconcile accounts. The system's purchase order feature allows users create and track purchase...

Browse AccountEdge Reviews

Gary K. Gary K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Couldn't be simpler!

Only great things to say about this product.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Cons

Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

Meredith B. Meredith B.

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

CPA is Baffled.

The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

Pros

After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Cons

My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

Scott C. Scott C.

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Pros

Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Cons

?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Top AccountEdge Alternatives

Barbara T. Barbara T.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Happy customer.

I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Pros

I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Cons

It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your review.

In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it.

You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change.

If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Replied 13/09/2018
Emily F. Emily F.

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month

Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Pros

Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Cons

No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

Shari R. Shari R.

SDR

Pros

The software is easy to teach and use in our business.

Cons

We get inventory error messages when we do not expect them.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Shari,

We offer free technical support via email for our customers. Please reach out to our technical support team at accountedge.com/help the next time you receive a random error message. We would be happy to help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Replied 12/09/2018
Tanya G. Tanya G.

Johnson County Foam Inc

the duplicate feature is by far helping with making sure entries are not duplicated therefore creating less entries for reversal in which looks better overall for accounting and reporting to the CPA purposes

Pros

it is very user friendly and easy to get around in the software

Cons

would like to see more customization in running the reports

Roxanne D. Roxanne D.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 9/01/2017

Long time user - my brain loves AE

I've been using this software for over 15 years. I previously had used other software and even once left AE (then known as MYOB) to return to previous product based on CPA request. But literally, my brain hurt when I used that product. AE has such a clean and clear interface. It has so many ways to customize the app for MY preferences. The features are logically organized and easy to find, not buried behind a cluttered old-school interface or confusing menus.

I rarely have to call in for help, but when I do, it's handled. And all my software upgrades are delivered automatically. The knowledge base is robust, too. I've used that to improve my knowledge of accounting principles.

We are a small consulting services company with clients across the USA.

Ben F. Ben F.

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Solid Accounting platform

Major benefit is keeping track of expenses and tracking income and employee stats.

Pros

Easy of use and set up.
Ability to run needed reports and do taxes in house.

Cons

Invoices look a little outdated. Could use some improvements.

Margaret G. Margaret G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Why I chose AccountEdge Pro for my business

Pros

I am co-owner of a small Texas business, and am responsible for keeping the books for our business. I was not a business major in school, so was looking for a system that would be relatively simple to use, but robust enough to meet our booking needs. I also wanted something that did not require me to be in the "cloud", and was Mac friendly, and AccountEdge Pro has met all these needs.

Cons

There are more bells and whistles than I need, but ultimately I found the functions I wanted and am very happy with AccountEdge Pro.

Dan M. Dan M.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Excellent producr

I have used the product for years - very pleased.

Pros

Ease of use and value for the money. Very pleased.

Cons

Limited use on multiple machines. Otherwise no concerns.

Dan K. Dan K.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

So much better over SAGE, thank you Account Edge

Pros

I love that the software is mine and no one can start charging me to continue to use it. It's very easy to use, support is good and my accountant likes using it as well. After 20 years using Simply (now SAGE) the updates and costs were getting out of hand I decided to switch to Account Edge. Wasn't an easy decision to make as it was some work to do so but after the first month I wished I had done the change years ago.

Cons

My accountant can not look back at a specific journal entry in the previous year with out looking into our back up. This is making year end a longer process.

Lisa S. Lisa S.
  • Industry: Warehousing

LS Account Edge review

Pros

I am not a real big fan of it. The order entry is very simple as well as entering purchase orders.

Cons

I think the visibility to payables and receivebles as well as some of the reports are a little misleading. Everything is by order or Invoice date, do not see a field for due dates on the payable reports. Wish it was a little more user friendly. I have used QB in the past and wish AE had some of the same capabilities.

Zohar O. Zohar O.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 4/01/2018

Frequent updates. Updates resulted in recording data. Had to cancel today. Very cold reception...

My bookeeper loved this program and we had it on but it disrupted data entry with one of the updates. Account edge refused to consider our dilemma offering no solutions for the present or future.

Pros

Takes a bit to get used to. However this is one program which is yours to own. Data entry and recorded entries easy to find

Cons

Updates caused us problems. Automated renewal without consent is not fair. Poor customer service. No phone in customer service. Emailed replies and concerns misunderstood often. Very pushy on using their online store facilitation.

Jim C. Jim C.

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Accountedge Pro

Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Pros

Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Cons

Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to AccountEdge

While quick books is more widely used, I preferred the functionality of accountedge pro
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Don't use for more than one year

Sadly, we started with the precursor and now, unless we want to redo our entire bookkeeping, inventory, customer list, and vendor list, we're stuck with this software.

Pros

I'm stuck with it. We started with a much earlier version.

Cons

Trying to find prior years' transactions is costly and a huge pain.

Response from Acclivity

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with access historical transactions. Depending on how far back you are looking, you may need to open a back up of historical file to see certain details.

We would be happy to help you if you are having trouble getting to your information. You can reach out to our NJ based Technical Support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Replied 13/09/2018
Georg c. L. Georg c. L.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Simple Complete Accounting System

We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Pros

Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

Cons

The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

Tom I. Tom I.
  • Industry: Wholesale

AccountEdge Pro Long-Time User

AccoutEdge Network Edition allows us to use multiple workstations to manage our daily sales, payables, and biweekly payroll.

Pros

Comprehensive for what we need it for. All cash accounts, including checking; receivables; payables; payroll; and more.

Cons

We've used it for so many years that we've gotten very used to it. Because we don't have a learning curve anymore, I don't have complaints.

It would be better if it integrated more easily into our database, or Excel.

Kathy S. Kathy S.
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture

ACCOUNTEDGE NETWORK EDITION

AccountEdge has always been very helpful to resolve any issues I have had. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

I have used AccountEdge for many years. It is very easy to use and grows with our business. I can keep track of inventory and the auto build feature works well and saves me hours of time

Cons

I cannot change inventory item information once it has been used and I cannot combine cards if they info doesn't match. I must create new items.

Jeff L. Jeff L.

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

Pretty easy to use, covert and price-good package overall

Pros

Again very easy to use for current and new employees, easy to train and adapt, also conversion was quick and pain free. Very effective accounting program.

Cons

Lack of searching capabilities is the largest complaint. Searching mod would enhance the programs effectiviness and would make our accounting life easier. Please add.

Jalecia W. Jalecia W.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Use AccountEdge daily

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Updates frequently. Very simple interface. Easy to add products, sales, purchases, etc

Cons

One of the only cons that I find is that it does not integrate with SalesForce. Would make things a lot easier if you could transfer data between the two with out having to do it manually.

Anglea P. Anglea P.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

AccountEdge Pro - EASY

Our office has used this program for 14 years and it takes care of all our accounting needs.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro is so easy to set up and navigate. Can't think of anything that you can't do with this program.

Cons

I can find no cons to mention. Takes care of all our needs.

Jeff P. Jeff P.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

Great Accounting Software! Been using since 1994.

When we opened our retail bakery 22 years ago I had limited accounting knowledge. After much research I decided to give Accountedge a try and it has been an incredible help in managing my company. From seeing where we stand on a daily basis to bank meetings for financing.

We have grown from a small local retail bakery to a thriving business with annual sales well over $. Over the years Accountedge has added great features that keep me completely in touch with my business, from managing cash flow, margins, payroll to inventory management. I've had several friends over the years that use Quickbooks for their businesses and after showing them what Accountedge will do they've all switched. There's really no comparison!

And customer service is the best! I had a couple of questions about the new UPS integration and immediately had a personal reply and answers.

If you're looking for great, easy to use but powerful accounting software, don't hesitate to buy Accountedge.

Rob B. Rob B.

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Former AccountEdge Pro User

Pros

I started using this software in 2003 when it was called MYOB. At the time, and for many years, it did everything I needed it do for managing my company's bookkeeping and accounting. It was fairly easy to use and only required updates every few years.

Cons

Eventually, I had to abandon AccountEdge Pro because they no longer support that latest Apple OS (Catalina - 64 bit).

Anthony S. Anthony S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 3/02/2021

Horrible - Waste of money, looking for another alternative, NO HELP FROM TECH SUPPORT.

Trying to do daily operations but have run into issues at every turn. Even the most simple task for accounting has become a nightmare.

Pros

NOTHING. I feel like I've wasted 5 months of my time switching and implementing a software system that is useless to our business, not to mention the high cost of the software.

Cons

I have not found ANYTHING that has been easy to do in this software. I have needed and tried to get help several times, I either get some lame 1 line response that doesn't make sense and get that response 2 or 3 days later after creating a ticket, or wait for up to an hour on the phone and finally get to talk to someone that isn't willing to listen to the issue, sounds like I either woke him from a nap or in a really bad mood.