Hootsuite Reviews

About Hootsuite

Social media is a wild place to do business. That’s why thousands of brands rely on Hootsuite’s tools and expertise to bring order to the chaos. Launch brilliant social campaigns, deliver 5-star social commerce experiences, and...

4.2
4.2

Browse Hootsuite Reviews

3,661 of 3,661 reviews
Brock
Brock

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Great for businesses and distributed teams

This is a great tool that has enormously helped our content team stay organized and post on a regular consistent basis.

Pros

Hootsuite makes it easy for our distributed team of content contributors to submit content, and our internal team can then create a posting calendar and use automated posting to make the management of all of our social platforms fast and simple.

Cons

We really like hootsuite, but it would be nice if more platforms and types of posts could be made.

Sprout Social and Sked Social

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

We have actually held onto SKED but we made the switch because more of our content contributors were familiar with hootsuite than sprout.

Sked Social and Sprout
Thomas
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Simple Setup but still Feature Rich

Pros

The ease of use is a massive plus for Hootsuite, both in analytics report generation (customized reports too!) and in multi-account management and scheduling. It's by far the most intuitive program I have used across this toolset.

Cons

The ease of batch re-scheduling a post across multiple platforms leaves a lot to be desired, but that is primarily the only pain point I have experienced with Hootsuite.

Whitney

Reviewed on 5/01/2024

Love a product to make my life easier

Pros

Hootsuite in the past was a great system to use to collaborate with co-workers and customers. I liked how it kept everything organized and easy to task and delegate task to yourself and others. It makes it simple to stay on the task and see it through to completion.

Cons

I haven't used Hootsuite in a while but the last time I did I didn't have very many things I disliked about the system.

Top Hootsuite Alternatives

Steve

Reviewed on 9/09/2021

Used To Be Great...

Pros

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section.

I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

Cons

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome.

2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts.

3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later.

4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite.

5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Buffer, Loomly and Later

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.
Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 18/11/2023

Hootsuite - My Review as a SMM

I think it has been an important tool for us to schedule our content and understand how they are performing. It's annual report (a sum of all SM platforms performance) is absolutely amazing. A touch pricey, but highly recommended.

Pros

The ease of use. Very nice userflow. Impressive Dashboards. Easy to schedule and manage your content. Very nice analytics report. Their free educational resources are very helpful as well!

Cons

It is expensive. Also, one needs to reconnect the SM accounts as it tends to disconnect every now and then. Can't tag Instagram accounts while scheduling.

Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

More features, for sure. Goes beyond Instagram and Facebook. Their analytics and performance reports are amazing.
Darryl

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

I've been using Hootsuite for years

Pros

I like that I'm able to oversee several different categories and different social media accounts at the same time.

Cons

I think there can be better features incorporated into Hootsuite that makes it a better user experience.

qasm
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

Review an app Hootsuite

I love this application and I love to use it

Pros

A great application for fast marketing and does not need a lot of Internet

Cons

I think it needs a slight adjustment in customer service

Mike

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

A time saving social media marketing platform

Overall, this is a really good system for saving marketing time.

Pros

This has saved us a lot of time compared to posting separately on the many different social media platforms.

Cons

This system struggled to differentiate some accounts when our [sensitive content hidden]
had both a personal and business social media account.

Ruby

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Makes life easier

Pros

Very easy to use and pick up quickly, didn't need to do much research to learn how to use

Cons

The pricing is very high, and it doesn't do as much as I'd like it to

Jess
Jess
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 12/01/2024

A powerful tool I need to explore more!

I’ve only used the free version so need to explore the platform fully.

Pros

The interface is really visual and beats other platforms in some ways. I like the snapshot it provides.

Cons

I don’t have any per se, everything I’ve used it for so far has been great but haven’t used it’s full capabilities quite yet.

Thomas

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.
Alberto

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Sprout Social and Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

At the time, Hootsuite provided better analytics tools than were available to any of their direct competitors.
Samiran

Reviewed on 6/03/2023

Effortlessly Manage Multiple Social Media Channels with Hootsuite

All officers and staff including me have found Hootsuite to be a useful tool for managing social media accounts and streamlining their social media management tasks. They appreciate the ability to manage multiple social media accounts in one place and the ability to schedule posts in advance. The collaboration features have also been helpful, allowing multiple team members to work on social media management tasks together. However, some project officers have noted that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Hootsuite and that the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller organizations or individuals.

Pros

I mostly like the range of analytics tools and and the support of wide range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and more in a single nutshell.

Cons

The price for the business is a little on a high note.

Sprout Social and Planable

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

We need more advanced social media management features, such as team collaboration, social listening, and analytics.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Hootsuite offers more robust social media management features, such as team collaboration and social listening, making it a better choice for larger businesses or agencies.
Erin

Reviewed on 7/06/2023

Not worth the money for my particular application

Under-utilized because the tools on Meta and LinkedIn are easier for me to use. Found customer service to be inflexible. I liked having the free account(s), but those are gone now. Just too expensive for my level of business.

Pros

I can schedule out social media for different clients (but only up to 10 SM accounts)

Cons

Awkward to use, I like using FB Meta and LinkedIn scheduling better. Seems like I'm always getting SM accounts disconnected and I find out later that my scheduled posts never posted. I don't see any email correspondence or IMs or anything to alert me of this. I find out by accident. Customer Service. Hootsuite is not meeting my needs and I am underutilizing it as such. I asked for a partial refund and they refused. It's a lot of money for something I can't utilize easily. It's a lot of money for just 10 SM accounts. I think that this platform is intended for deep-pocketed larger organizations with Social Marketing teams/depts. than for small business. There is no opt-out for auto-renewing subscriptions.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

They offered an introductory price for one year that was inexpensive enough for me to give it a try. But I will not be renewing because the price will go up 10x more.
Darren
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 18/06/2022

Probably the most reliable service available.

Great and most reliable service available, although the most restrictive for free users.

Pros

Hootesuite is highly reliable and I can schedule posts and forget knowing they will go out on time every time. Simple to use with one of the best post editing I've used on mobile.

Cons

Hootesuite has a problem dragging images out of websites when sharing web pages.

Hookle

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Buffer could not do reposts.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

It's reliable and gave me what I needed. I liked to be able to schedule and forget.
Sheila
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Makes life so much easier

I'm able to efficiently see all of my social channels in one place. It makes it easier and less stressful to schedule, listen, reply to messages/comment, tag, etc. than having to go to each channels individually.

Pros

I like that you can schedule posts and see what's coming in a calendar. You can also "listen" to social media by setting up a hashtag you'd like to follow and all posts that use that hashtag will appear in a stream. You can set up a several streams for one social channel such as for posts, messages, scheduled posts, etc. You can even manage and reply to comments.

Cons

It takes a bit of a learning curve. It has some limitations as far as tagging companies or people. Some functions, you'll have to do directly on the social channel. But that's also the case with any social media management and analytics software like Hootsuite.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Mainly because it was free and that allowed me to test the waters. Then I went to the paid-for version.
Sunil
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 14/09/2022

Social Media Management - Trust the Leader

It was good and it worked smoothly (on a self serving mode)

Pros

The ready to integrate plugin to add 3rd party services is a great feature to extend the usability.

Cons

Poor customer support and longer TAT on query resolution

Brandwatch

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Frequently integration failures with the social media accounts

Market reputation
Abigail
Abigail
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Reliable and easy social media manager

Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)

I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful.

I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus.

The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite.

What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.

I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures.

I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard.

I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Gilmer
Gilmer

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

I highly recommend

It managed to be one step ahead in my social media strategy by allowing me to easily manage and publish content on multiple social networks from a single interface. The statistical reports are also very complete. However, I missed some features exclusive to the paid version. In summary, for those who are just starting out and mainly use a network, the free version is functional, but to get the most out of it, I recommend having one of the plans that include more advanced tools.

Pros

I mainly liked the way Hootsuite makes it easy to publish content to multiple social networks on a schedule and in one place. The interface is very intuitive and allows you to create an easy-to-manage content strategy. With their calendars I can plan posts in advance, assign hashtags, and mention users. I also found the dashboard useful, which allows you to see the activity and engagement on each platform, as well as the statistical reports on reach and interaction. It is undoubtedly a great tool for those who must manage several profiles and do not want to constantly publish manually

Cons

What I liked least is that some features such as message alerts are only available on the paid plan. While I understand that it is a way for the company to earn income, for those just starting out with a small budget, those alerts could be useful. Another detail is that the programming does not allow as much flexibility when adjusting publication times when necessary. In general I feel that the free plan is somewhat limited and to get the most out of it it would be better to have the premium versions

Virginia

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week.

PROS
The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc.

Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison).

You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Kelsey
Kelsey
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 9/06/2020

Hootsuite

Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros

Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons

I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

Mercedes
Mercedes

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Where would I be without HootSuite?!

Pros

I started using HootSuite at the very EARLY stages of my business. Before I even had a single client. The reason I chose HootSuite is because they had a FREE version... and in my early client-less stage...I needed all the free I could get. It's extremely easy to add whichever social networks you have (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) The free version allows for 3 profiles, but once you upgrade to the paid you can of course add more. The platform itself is very self explanatory and makes scheduling future posts extremely easy.

Cons

I'd like to be able to edit the posts by platform. For example, when posting to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter -- I'd like to add hashtags just to the Instagram Caption and/or shorten the Twitter caption. Instead of having to create a post for each separate platform, I'd like to be able to do it all in one and make the edits in the same batch.

Rob
Rob

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

The standard, but not my favourite

I manage a number of social media accounts for an international software company, and am also tasked with monitoring social mentions for our brand. For all my (relatively minor) issues with Hootsuite, it certainly lets me get the job done. On the level of features, I think Hootsuite is near the top of the heap as far as most social media management platforms go. Just don't expect the prettiest packaging, best user experience, or to be able to fully schedule your social activity in advance on some networks.

Pros

Make no mistake about it; when it comes to getting your social media work done, Hootsuite will deliver. Its scheduling feature is great, it (mostly) does a good job of letting you tag things, and it offers a good suite of analytics features that will help you review your social media performance and deliver key insights to other members of your organization.

Cons

My issues with Hootsuite aren't dealbreakers, but they do make me less than enthusiastic about bringing my business to this platform. The UI just isn't very attractive or intuitive, which is a shame. Competitors offer much more modern looks and simpler posting functionality than you get with Hootsuite. Annoyingly, and I know this isn't Hootsuite's fault, there are issues relating to who you are able to tag on certain networks, like LinkedIn. I often find myself unable to schedule a post to LinkedIn because of who I need to tag, and having to post manually defeats the purpose of having Hootsuite in the first place. I do understand that this is an issue created by the social networks themselves, but it's an annoyance nonetheless.

Angel
Angel

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Hootsuite may be useful... but just maybe

Hootsuite is a great tool for scheduling, posting and monitoring your social media accounts. However, due to its costs, I honestly think that there are more accessible ways to get this job done, unless you're working with no programming feature channels such as Linkedin (but still, I recommend you to check other offers, you might find something better)

Pros

Hootsuite was the first content manager software I used, and it has given me almost no problems. I've been able to program even weeks of posts on Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin, which in some like this last one mentioned, is pretty helpful due to no programming feature so far on the main social media site/app.

Plus, through Hootsuite, you can also have a wide view of what the people or brands you follow in social media are posting.
And also, the fact that you're able to check and answer messages, mentions and comments from here, saves you lots of time in case you work in many social media channels.
Last but not least, the analytics feature is also helpful for creating new strategies, discarding, adding, or complementing content.

Cons

So, Hootsuite is really comfortable, however, the main flaw many users can agree with, is the price. The platform can get way too expensive in case you're dealing with more than 10 social media channels and more than 1 user. Of course if you're in control of so many channels and collaborators, it means your business is bigger, but honestly, there are cheaper options in the market (some of them even free!).

Another point to consider relates to what has been said before. Back in the day (like 2 years ago at least), this might seemed like a very helpful hand to have control over too many accounts and scheduling. However, now days, social media like Twitter, and specially Facebook and Instagram, have been into this kind of features, so you can program your tweets directly from the app or website, and you got the special tool "Creator Studio/ Business Manager" from Facebook. So Hootsuite eventually might get obsolete.

Sannan
Sannan

Reviewed on 12/06/2022

Best Of All Competitors in 2022

Pros

One of the major benefits of Hootsuite is its ability to schedule posts. It allows users to enter content for every social media platform in as little as 15 to 30 minutes. That's great news for small business owners who already have too much to do! Hootsuite also allows you to schedule your posts, so you can reach your followers at different times, and in different time zones.

Cons

The Team plan of Hootsuite offers features that teams need, but its main limitation is its lack of a team publishing workflow. Users can't assign roles and tasks to clients or content creators. They can't assign tasks and publish content to multiple accounts or create a team audit trail. Despite its shortcomings, the Team plan is still an excellent tool for teams