Freshservice Reviews

Visit Website

About Freshservice

Freshservice is a cloud-based IT Help Desk and service management solution that enables organizations to simplify their IT operations. The solution offers features that include a ticketing system, self-service portal and...

Browse Freshservice Reviews

Rich
Rich
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Freshservice is the best ITSM, our users love it!

After using several ITSM tools, Freshservie deployment was very easy and it fits 100% with our needs at an affordable price.

Pros

Ticket management is great by itself but if you uses it with workflow automation it's awesome.
You can configure as many user portal as you want and it was a requirement.
Inventory is also great module.
Project management help us not only in the helpdesk team but also in other areas of the department.

Cons

The knowledge base could be better. You can't create more than two category levels and sometimes is not enough.

Jira and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

OTRS was very difficult to configure and sometimes you couldn't find the way to configure it to fit with your requirements. Spiceworks is for little companys.

Spiceworks and OTRS

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

It was the best option for us.

Reviewed on 9/10/2022

Great software, spotty support

I have had several tickets so far where the second level support team have sworn could not work or told me that the functionality is not possible, forcing me to push back on them. At this point they suddenly realise that the product can actually do what I have said all along it should, only a bug is in the way.

On at least one occuration, they acknowledged a bug, spent weeks ignoring it, then when I asked for an update swore it wasn't a bug at all and I was just doing things wrong.... thus forcing me to escalate the case. In fact, on one occassion they submitted a set of incorrect repro steps, then blamed *me* for the mistake they made and told me there wasn't any problem!

Pros

FreshService is one of those frustrating products where the potential is so high and overall execution is done very well, but is let down by ridiculous bugs and even worse support. If Fresh could get to grips with this then I'd score them *very* highly. Unfortunately, they have not proven to be able to achieve this.

Cons

Reporting is dire. Bugs galore in modules you would not expect. Obvious features are missing, you try to work around them... and encounter a bug.

Top Freshservice Alternatives

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Good value and easy to implement and use

We have been happy with Freshservice and consider it a good value in comparison to some of the other Desks out there that provide similar service. We particular enjoy features like round robin ticket assignment, asset discovery and tracking, and providing a Knowledge Base for both Users (Requesters) and Agents.

Pros

We rely on the ticket system primarily to manage steps to resolution and archive past interactions and solutions. FreshService provides this functionality with little back-end effort on our part. Though somewhat limited, we do appreciate the ability to customize our portal.

Cons

Adding MSP's can be a confusing process. As it stands, you have to open a trial account then merge it into your main Desk. Last time we did this, FreshService failed to convert the account properly and we ended up being billed for the "trial" account. It took us several weeks to get the billing resolved. I recommend working with a live agent right off the bat to make this happen as smoothly as possible.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Freshservice offered more features for less than comparable services. The Agent and Administrator online interface is also aesthetically appealing and easy to tailor to our needs.
Rob
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

A user-friendly all-in-one solution for the servicedesk

I am really happy I rolled out FreshService 2 months before Covid-19 forced all to work remote. We were able to support users from home ( IT was at home as well ) without issues.
FreshService contains a Solutions (knowledge-) base, users can request hard- and software like shopping online, very intuitive and user friendly

Pros

The ease to set it up : you can do it yourself without technical support. It comes with an app so it works on mobile devices as well, convenient if the laptop stops working.

Cons

You cannot change the webportal to your liking unless you have webdesign skills.

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Costs

TOPdesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Costs (yes, I'm Dutch..) the tool has it all and the ease of working with it.
Tom

Freshservice Review

I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Cost and ease of customization
Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

An excellent customer service tool, Freshservice

We primarily use this system as our IT support ticketing system. The process of getting set up was manageable, and their customer service has been fantastic. Even though we'd like to see more individualization in the HR/IT onboarding requests we've developed, we've already done a lot of the groundwork. We had previously invested in Asset Management but have now abandoned it. You get out of the knowledge base what you put into it in terms of content updates and documentation.

Pros

Super simple for both IT managers and regular employees to learn and utilize. According on your membership plan, you have access to a wide variety of optional add-ons for your control panel. Extremely flexible, albeit occasionally annoying limitations surface.

Cons

In comparison to the things it provides, Freshservice's price tag is a touch steep, and the company's support team has occasionally experienced technical difficulties that have slowed its response times.

Colin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Review of Freshservice

Very good experience. But when our organization became bigger and more systems were buildt, we found freshservice didn't have enough capability for integration. So it's hard to keep FreshService in our IT eco system

Pros

Intuitive UI. Easy to self-study and self-deploy. Global wide search is very useful as well

Cons

Not enough integration. Can't connect with other systems

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Freshservice - Fresh thinking, fresh system.

The interaction with the account team and the ease of migration to the full-blown service was seamless. A really impressive offering, that does what you expect and more.

Pros

Its simplicity to deploy and customise to your needs is a real bonus for Freshservice, when compared with other offerings in the market.

Cons

We have no real misgivings on Freshservice.

Vigneshkumar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Awesome product for ITSM, ITAM and ITOM

Pros

I like the Self service portal and Virtual Agent, With this requestor can easily make Service request through the portal and Virtual Agent helps our requestor on basic troubleshoot problem

Cons

Improve the Customer support services , and provide a on site support is better to understanding more in this product

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice

Compare to ServiceNow is low in cost and ease to deploy too
Gemma

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Happy with Freshservice

Overall I won't be able to do with all. Everything that is necessary to deliver our services on IT is ran by Freshservcie.

Pros

I like the fact it is simple in use and that I can offer my clients a solutions/helpdesk functionaliteit for manuals. As well manage my ITIL processes and asssest from 1 solution.

Cons

I am missing some helpdesk features I had before with Freshdesk. I think I had to 'give' in some of those nice features with the solutions, where you could index a page and make templates.

TOPdesk

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice

I needed an all in solutions with assest management, change and problem management

Freshdesk

Price
Alex
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

Managing helpdesk made easy

Pros

Reduce the emails that are sent to different members of the IT team and host them all in one place that provides easy access, reminders, prioritisation, staff allocation, feedback, knowledge base and more, all in one place

Cons

Not a negative as such but the points-based system does encourage health competition with teammates, but each job only gives a set number of points, not on a scale so a simple job of creating an account and installing a whole new fibre network can earn you the same, whether it a 2 minute or a 2-month job!

Matthew
  • Industry: Machinery

Freshservice

Freshservice is by far the best help desk/ticketing system I've ever worked with. The speed and ease of use make Freshservice the best help desk platform I've ever worked with in my 15 years of IT experience.

Pros

For our users its been a real nice tool for submitting help requests into our IT department. A variety of options and configurations allowed us to customize our Freshservice portal to provide our users with the best help desk experience possible.

Cons

I wish I could add my own custom pages to the custom help desk portal. Love the ability to customize the current portal but it would be even better if I could add my own custom pages to the portal for instance ~ a secondary onboarding portal for a different HR team in our company.

Max

Everything You Need In A Great Ticketing System

Excellent, see the Pro section. I wished I could paraphrase everything I wrote in that section to garnish this one, but time is limited.

Pros

There are multiple things that I like about the Freshservice platform. To start, the ticketing system that they provide is an amazing tool to keep track of issues and resolutions. You can easily search for similar issues and select a wide variety of categorizations to organize your problems and resolutions. I love the private note feature as well, we can suggest solutions to specialists working on solving an issue before it is escalated.

Something else I liked about FS is their asset management utility. The Freshservice agent that is installed on the computers make it easier for admins to see who is the last person who signed in to a computer. This helpful in occasions where we have to rule out what computer is assigned to someone when we forget to update the asset. Overall, the Freshservice inventory system is the best I've used in my professional career.

Now let's talk about my favorite feature - the API. I was surprised to learn that FS had an API. I was able to thoroughly test their API and develop our own apps. Very pleased with this aspect.

I also enjoyed using their admin tools to create workflows, notifications, scenarios to automate and make the ticketing solution more effective.

Being able to document things here is also very easy. You can add images, create tags, and alter publications from their editor. Never had any gripes with this.

Lots to like here!

Cons

There are actually very few cons. If there is anything bad to say is that I wished the API returned some more relevant results for what I was looking for. For example, I had to jump through a few more requests that I wanted to convert some values to get something else I needed. Yes, seriously, that's all the bad I can say; we are nerds here at Royal. I was able to code very cool apps with the API.

Dave

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement.

Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

Pros

Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system.

Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There is still room for improvement and some fields cannot be used in automations e.g. Impact or Urgency.

Self service catlog - its a nice to have and allows easy segregation of Service Requests compared to Incidents, the custom forms are nice although would be better to dynamic i.e. drop down of all requesters for example.

Branding - nice branding options and easy to use giving full access to CSS / HTML although not as easy to manipulate as ZenDesk.

Self Service Portal - We haven't rolled this out to end users yet but the portal is easy to use and with the branding options can be customised. The embedded widget is also useful and can be embedded into SharePoint.

Cons

Reporting - very limited compared to some systems although improvements are on the road map.

Software Assets - confusing to use as you have to track each software item as an asset, cannot easily search on what is installed on computers across the database. Again improvements coming on the road map.

Dashboard is useless - current implementation of the system gives a very basic overview of the system and an activity log. We don't use it as it doesn't provide any useful information.

Certain Form Fields - you cannot change the default fields or even hide them without using JavaScript, this means I have had to create custom fields to tell my agents to ignore certain fields which isn't ideal. Also the categories list is shared among tickets, our change requests differ from our incidents.

SLA breaches - compared to ZenDesk it isn't as easy to see when a ticket is due to breach SLA. Currently the ticket interface only shows Resolve Due date and not response due date, the response due just appears in the main ticket view when its close to expiry. Not ideal but workable.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Feature-rich and intuitive

We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with.

The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting.

I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there.

Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves.
There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent.
My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...)

And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

Andy

Long time user

similar to most big orgs, initial contact and simple issues are resolved quickly. more complex issues take a longer for them to understand and get under control.

also there seems to be a fast turnaround of account management staff, so continuity over time is difficult

Pros

ease of use for admins to control tickets via simple to use interface

Cons

new features take several revisions to get working correctly / fit for OUR purpose

better UX

SysAid
Ruben

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Excellent Value and Everything we need for our Ticketing System

We have reduced the amount of redundancy and human error from many IT processes and workflows while organizing and improving our overall support and response time. FreshService is so well organized and it also helped us look into other areas that were often overlooked.

Pros

I really like how everything is organized, there is a logical flow viewing tickets, bugs/problems, Change orders, tasks, and then projects. The main dashboard is customizable so you can have the metrics that are important to you up front. I also love that you can tie the current issue with existing knowledge base articles helping you to solve issues quicker or possibly automate responses. Lastly, the ability to automate processes and workflows have been clutch for us, reducing time and human error.

Cons

During onboarding/setup some of the 3rd party apps that you rely on for integration with systems such as Azure can be difficult. FreshService has still provided top grade support for those but, I can take some time to implement.

Joe

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

Great Help Desk Software, Particularly For Time Pressed Admins

The pricing for this product is very competitive which is great for the IT budget and value for dollar represent a good deal. I find the Support team is very helpful and responsive. This is not a complex product to set up but does take a little time to figure out how things work within Freshservice. I am very please overall.

Pros

SaaS based product so no on premises hardware or software. Setup is more than 10 minutes that some of the marketing indicates, but definitely not a complex setup. Once you understand the workflow things become fairly intuitive in setting up the software. The ability to process tickets from one screen, enabling you to reply, enter case notes and disposition the ticket from one screen is very good. Like anything there is a learning curve involved, but it becomes very straightforward to Administer. This is very important as I am handling issues, closing tickets and assisting end users so I do not have the time to spent an hour a day doing routine maintenance tasks. The technical support team is also very helpful.

Cons

Most of the issues have not been with things that do not work as much as do not conform to our individual work flows and processes. A few things that are challenges include that pasting into tickets using the portal does not work. Any screen shots or images depicting issues and end user is facing need to be added as attachments. By default you are given a long and not intuitive URL for your Portal. While you can create a custom URL it requires purchasing an SSL certificate or the connection is not secure. If a User submits a ticket via email and at a later time tries to create an account on the Portal it will advise them that the email is in use. To resolve this they just need to request a password reset, but it is not intuitive to the User, they think something is wrong.

Pascale
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Easy to use and flexible ticketing system

Pros

Integreting FreshService to our current processes has been really easy. The technicians find it easy to use, and the self-service portal has been easily adopted by the end user. We deployed it over 2 weeks, and are happy with its evolution since then.

Cons

It is not always easy to have appropriate support. We need to provide a lot of information for some bugs to be resolved, specifically when it is related to login issues.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

The Best IT Helpdesk Software

It has been an overall great experience and I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love how easy it makes it to manage support tickets and requests; while also being able to handle bug, change and release management for the IT Team.

Cons

Despite having quite robust automations, some of the automations have limitations that require code or change requests to the FreshService team to be made.

Geoff
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Good solution, quirky business.

We have been able to make great progress with this platform. It is a powerful ticketing system and the workflow works pretty well. API interaction is available too, and this is more complex and not always documented.

Pros

Freshservice is a powerful platform and it has LOADS of features and strong no-code workflow management. We've been able to accomplish nearly all of our need functionality with this platform and have a large number of workflows to manage ticket flow.

Cons

Quirky and many undocumented things going on, tickets and service requests are not the same, analytics are quirky and painfully slow for large data sets. Support is great for simple things, but really disappointing when you have specific issues to your configuration, each time you are educating their team on your problem and they always require you to do the legwork to provide them information.

Frans
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

A Fresh service

We have been using the software for over 6 months (since go-live) and the experience has been great. The team is helpful, supporting and gets the job done providing regular updates and is good at expectation management.
The tool set has enabled our service management platform to embrace 4IA and we are constantly innovating our services with new functionalities, making it easier for our users to interface with the systems. The built-in self-service first over incident logging has a direct reduction on our incidents and costs on managing them. The ease of workflow setups and automation allows us to implement new processes in hours.

Pros

Out of the box functionality with default configuration is quick and easy;
Support and development teams is very helpful and goes the extra mile;
Level of integration to different channels (mobile, chats bots, web, AI) work superb
Innovation of the product - it constantly change, either with new features or enhanced functionality
The team is always happy to listen to suggestions from their customers and to enhance the product

Cons

New features takes months to deliver if it cannot be configured
The available features between agents and requester is extremely cumbersome
CMDB and ITAM solutions require some work

Brian

Jira to Fresh Service

Pros

Fresh Service is a breeze to get off the ground. The sandbox functionality is cute, but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of what is managed by the testing/deploying of the sandbox to production.

Cons

SSO User Provisioning is awful. We currently SCIM requesters into Fresh Service from Okta. It uses a third-party integration written by Effy? Why is user and group provisioning such a foreign concept in an already fleshed out application?

Baldeep
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 18/07/2021

Simple product without a complex helpdesk solution.

Used for 5 years. Don't plan to leave. Has improved over the last year with keyboard shortcuts.

Pros

Office many services
Simple ticket number
Nice way to email and CC email

Cons

Would be good to email a secondary person without emailing the original ticket contact. Otherwise they get more emails than required. Otherwise using a workaround of forward emails to get around this.

Allow some contacts to having options of what emails they want to receive. Sometimes customers use the portal and don't want ticket emails.

System notification emails need an option to switch email to agent. Small bug that is still outstanding.

Unable to set up companies in BULK. You can do this with contacts though.