Dialpad Reviews

Visit Website

About Dialpad

Dialpad is an AI-powered cloud communication platform and business phone system that provides organizations with the latest in VoIP telephony technology to keep teams connected and productive. The platform comprises three...

4.2
4.2
4.1

Browse Dialpad Reviews

Rick
Rick

Reviewed on 16/07/2022

DialPad has been a great service for our business

Our experience has been excellent. We have really had nothing negative ever happen with it and I've shared it with tons of people. It's probably my current favorite phone service we use and we have a few, always looking for the next best thing.

Pros

Love the mobile app and the ability to make and receive calls over cellular and WiFi. We've been using it for years and it's been rock solid.

Cons

The only con is that they don't have a free version any longer. I tell anyone who asks about it and we love it but we were lucky enough to such an early adopter we got in on the "free for small businesses" deal way back when they first launched.

TJ

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad.
Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system.
With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance.
Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done.
Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere.
Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal.
Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

Isaac
Isaac
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

Absurd cancellation process for clunky tech

Terrible. I'd receive random calls in foreign languages in my number with them. Outside of that I stopped using the service quite quickly, but they never honored my cancellation request and took hundreds of dollars from me. Do not use Dialpad.

Pros

It usually worked, sometimes not as well as I'd like, but it usually worked.

Cons

Terrible customer support who make you go through their clunky chat app to accomplish anything, and even then do not help you. I requested cancellation (which they force you to do through customer service) and was shocked to find they didn't process it. Upon contacting them and requesting a refund, they claimed to not have a record of the request and refused. Do not bother.

Top Dialpad Alternatives

Jonelle
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

Dialpad is Dialing into a Positive Review!!!

It is fantastic that even our agents who are new to the software adapt quickly and can navigate easily. Dialpad has made our campaign deliver a higher level of service. The whole team appreciates being able to call out from the mobile app.

Pros

If you are in the Call center industry and looking for a simple yet multifunctional call app then look no further Dialpad is the right fit for you. It has all the features you need Call recording, call monitoring, call history, and texting, the list goes on.

Cons

Its a bit on the expensive side but you do get your monies worth.

Tamesha
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

I made the switch because the software worked but I still had to use other applications to help with the call. Such as previous notes and emails. I could not figure out how to separate my contacts and I did not feel efficient. I'm glad I made the switch. I feel more confident using DialPad.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Initially the color of the company drew my intention. During the trial, I saw how functional Dialpad was. The application was easy to use, I like the way that I was guided to use the product as a new user. I was able to get set up in about 15 mintues. I was able to link my email, setup my phone settings, and import all of my contacts instantly. As the weeks went by, I realized that DialPad was a special tool that made my business thrive more vibrantly.
Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 21/04/2023

Not as Advertised- Hidden Fees, No Ability to Cancel, Incorrect Pricing Information on Website

DialPad is a scam. There are numerous hidden fees that are charged to your credit card without any warning, and there are other sections of their website that have posted fees which are not disclosed in their "All Features" pricing page. You cannot cancel without speaking to a representative, and conveniently, they don't have any reps available. The trial period is not a "free trial period". There are no refunds whatsoever. If you port your number to them, you must pay in advance and any payments are non-refundable. The voice transcription is very poor at detecting words. The transcripts were gibberish most of the time. The desktop app does not allow you to hang up your call. The feature to send voicemail transcripts to a different email does not work. It just sends everything to your admin account email, even after marking other emails as primary. They did not port over text messaging from my previous provider, only voice calls. Dialpad is the worst internet phone company I have seen. They look good on their website, but their actual product and service are terrible.

Pros

The product worked for incoming and outbound phone calls. I was able to customize my caller ID for outbound calls which is difficult to control with web-based telephone services in Canada.

Cons

The pricing on their website is misleading. There were numerous hidden fees and my phones would not function for my business until I paid these unexpected costs. When I canceled within the 14-day trial period, they refused to refund my annual fee. Their website pricing information shows an option to "see all features" and that page even has fine print at the bottom. However, they don't tell you that in addition to that fine print, there is A SEPARATE SECTION of pricing information that shows other hidden fees that they charge to your account. I paid a $60+ regulatory fee. This was not advertised. When I ported my existing 1-800 number over to them, they would not allow me to receive incoming calls until I purchased "credits". Despite not indicating this cost in their "All Features" page, I learned that you need to pay .02 cents for each minute of incoming calls for 1-800 numbers. I had to buy credits in order to get my business back online, and was actually charged .03 cents per minute afterwards. I immediately ported my number back to my former provider. In total, I spent 11 days with DialPad, which was supposedly within their 14-day trial period. What they don't tell you is that there are no refunds, even if you cancel during the "trial". When I tried to cancel, their internal chat system would not connect me to an agent, saying that no one was available to cancel my account. I had no issues getting a sales rep though. This product is a scam.

Talkroute

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

I thought I would get better service. I returned after 11 days.

Talkroute
Mai

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

State of the ART Phone System!

It provided us with the ability to text and send pictures from any of our users. It is also nice to know that when we experience power outages, we can still use the mobile app to make and receive phone calls.

Pros

I like the call recording features where it records incoming and outgoing alot. It also has the ability for you to be able to see who, what, and when user that communicated with the callers. The communication for the mobile app matches with what is on the desktop and brower app. So if any of our team ever calls in sick, we can still see who spoke to the caller last.

Cons

I do wish there were more permission settings to add a user (employee) in the field and only allow them to make outgoing or incoming phone calls. Also, I think pricing should be less for a user who is out in the field who only needs limited functions.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

These different programs and systems were limited in there features and functionalities. Very basic.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

The user interface was easy to use. The pricing was within our budget. The live chat feature for support makes it easy to ask for help.
Joseph
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Very easy to use!

Pros

The cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. If I've missed a call and/or have a voice mail from my wired connection I can review and listen from any mobile device using the Dialpad app. Also the voice-to-text feature is convenient for those times that you don't have the option to listen to a voice mail.

Cons

I am happy with this product. If I could change only one thing it would be the voice-to-text feature regarding voice mail messages. The accuracy could be improved some, but this feature on most voice-to-text services are about the same for accuracy.

Ian
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Great interface but could improve integrations

It is a great tool for handling calls and texts, but the lack of integrations may end up becoming a dealbreaker as we consolidate and streamline our tools if we can find something that will better integrate with Front.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn. Great feed of recorded calls and texts to see communication history with contacts.

Cons

Number one biggest issue is that text messages cannot integrate into Front to be handled there. Better Front integration for that specifically and in general would be a game changer for us. Would be great if names would update in Dialpad for the contact center from the Hubspot integration as well. Finally, it also often defaults to personal contacts over contact center contacts, which can make team collaboration more difficult.

RingCentral Contact Center

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Grasshopper's features were not up to large team collaboration.

Grasshopper

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

The startup discount was a big factor for us.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Great functionality and Price point for a small business

I've had it for so long, I can't remember how long. That means it's constantly used and part of my toolbox.

Pros

A number available for voice and texting

Cons

Needs to improve handoff reliability between devices

More functionality and reliability

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Just a matter of preference and supporting a growing company
Garrett
Garrett
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

They will hold you hostage.

Pros

Be very cautious when entering into an agreement with Dialpad. Dialpad has a great product. However, they will hold you hostage should you want to make any changes to your account. We have doubled the number of users but our price has gone up more than 10x what we were originally paying in 2020. They are charging us for things we don't want, don't need. They keep telling us they will downgrade and then they don't. They literally will not respond to you for months. We have been going back and forth for 9 months on this.

Cons

Ethics. The people on our account have been not wonderfully helpful.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

The most advanced and affordable option out there

I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that maturation we've been all in! The new iteration of the platform had the simplicity we needed while at the same time bringing the tech we desired.

The audio delay on this voip service is non-noticeable. Let me repeat that, the audio delay is non-noticeable. We've tried a lot of VOIP systems and that is my biggest complaint. Dialpad delivers on the quality of the audio and the non-noticeable delay.

When we've had issues or questions, customer service was on it in a suprisingly short amount of time. On top of that, they always resolved our issues/questions in a satisfactory way.

This is a great product, but moreso I think they're a great company.

Pros

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use.
2) You can transfer calls between devices.
3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates.
4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments.
5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled)
2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I
had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity came when Covid-19 hit, because all the staff are working from home, still using the same numbers, the same process and the same way as if we are in the office. The common INBOX makes everyone aware of everyone else's communications, and the private phone numbers keep sensitive work separate. It has kept us going in these difficult times. And the one thing I really like the most? I can be anywhere in Europe and my NYC number will ring when someone calls.

Pros

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can roll over to our personal phones. We have it running in our workstations and smartphones and it is so easy to answer in one and continue the conversation, seamlessly, in another simply by clicking a button. I usually answer through my laptop and if I need to walk away, I can simply just switch to my mobile in real-time. And I can text while I am speaking to a person, multi-task, or simply click a number and dial through it and then make a note on the screen. It remembers everything we do! This system's sound is crystal clear and it simplified our business. The support is also worth noting, they respond quickly and have resolved every single inquiry successfully and efficiently.

Cons

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

Tracy

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Dialpad is a must have for virtual workers

We have been using dialpad for 3+ years. We like the service. Its reliable and implementation is always a quick process. I like that we can monitor our team in real time and record calls when needed. We dont have many issues with the service but when we do, they try to help fix the problem. They may not always be successful with issues but do try to accommodate customer service requests.

Pros

We use dialpad for our marketing team. They are all virtual and need a reliable service.

Cons

The customer service can be iffy. They are able to solve simple issues but are harder to deal with on issues that need escalation.

Service issues

Cost and reliability
Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome.

Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

Neha
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all contact data. It doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data like date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers which it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

Cons

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

Shade

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

best service for telemarketing

it's the best choice for home offce and works great with large teams

Pros

this software is very easy to use and also allows the user to have access everywhere they are with their laptop or PC unlike other apps that can only be used in the office, so it was a great prek during the pandemic time with home office

Cons

download and the process to run the software was very slow, but the contcat ceter replied very fast and helped us make the transition easy

3CX

to have access remotly

3CX
DYLAN

Reviewed on 7/06/2019

The amount of times I hear "Dialpad is so bad" in a week

I hate it more than any other product I have ever used. There are at least another dozen people I work with that feel the same way. How is it possible that the phone was invented in 1876 and in 2019, I have about a 50% chance of my call failing.

Pros

I really don't know if I have anything positive to say about Dialpad. I've used the product for a long time and I'm blown away that my organization still uses this product. Maybe it's inexpensive?

Cons

Ok here's my list:
- The application is always getting confused between your salesforce plugin and desktop application
- The Salesforce app is unreliable
- The desktop app is unreliable
- When I hit dial there is like a 30% chance I won't get audio in my headset even though the call is clearly happening
- If I unplug my computer from my headset and plug it back in without closing the reopening the application it will likely not work
- If you want to frustrate your sales org.... buy Dialpad
- people call me and it's hard to even tell that you got a missed call or a VM
- The contact info doesn't show-up even if the contact is listed in SalesForce

Dan

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Executed a Licensing Agreement then Immediately Broke Contract

Pros

The general idea behind the software is good.

Cons

We have been using dialpad for around a year now. The software itself is clunky but generally gets the job done, albeit after significant time tweaking everything. We have four desk phones that mostly work, but most features you would expect in a desk phone don't work with Dialpad.

What really makes the software unusable is the support behind it. We applied to their latest "startup" offering and got accepted. After a week of back and forth, their general counsel wrote up our license agreement, and we both signed.

The day after the contract was executed we got a random email saying they would not honor it and that the multiple employees who dealt with us were not properly trained to extend such an offer. We complained that we already had a contract signed by their general counsel, but they don't seem to care. Our costs will be around $350 more a month than under the contract they are breaking.

Now we are in the process of moving to a different provider after having spent many hours configuring everything to their system. Worse, the IP phones Dialpad supports don't seem to be easily configurable to other similar companies.

I would recommend against Dialpad. The software is a great idea with terrible implementation and misleading 'support'.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

meeting our needs

Overall, I love the product. The ability to create dept's to assist in monitoring other employees has been exceptionally useful. Whether during vacation times or transitioning of new employees, being able to see, field and maintain calls that may have otherwise sat in voicemail helps to keep us up to date with all of our clients.

Pros

While our needs our basically simple, reliable phone service, the ability to text, the ability to review and save phone transcripts, uberconference have all proven to be very useful to us. Dialpad everywhere is excellent. It is great to have access across all my devices.

Cons

Hard to say least about any of it. Adaptability with Amazon Alexa has proven difficult, but not overly important to us at this time. I still am not certain of the benefit of integrating MS Teams as opposed to running it separate and independent.

Colin
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

Lacking in customer support and basic functionality

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and manage. Call quality seems to be good for the most part.

Cons

Customer support is not responsive and our Account Manager and the [sensitive content hidden] , have been less than helpful. Call center functionality is not good. Texting back and forth to customers from shared lines is very difficult.

• Industry: Law Practice

Dialpad is great

Dialpad is amazing and the integrations with other software make it the best VOIP system for my firm.

Pros

I love how this software allows me to transfer from my computer to my mobile phone seamlessly.

Cons

Sometimes the calls drop when transferring from data to cellular on active calls.

Joshua

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Not what was expected - was sold the dream

I personally do not recommend.

Pros

Cost compared to the market was good as they cut a good deal.

Cons

The onboarding was terrible, months delayed (despite paying from the date of the contract being signed) and very little correspondence due to Dialpad being overwhelmed with new customers.

Aircall

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

We required more functionality.

ZoomInfo SalesOS

Price
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Flashy, Expensive, Reliable

Because me and my colleagues often work on the road or from home, it is essential that clients have a single number to reach us no matter where we are. Dialpad offers that, but only as a single point of contact for the organization (although I could pay a bunch more and have extensions or separate numbers, as mentioned above). The reliability is great, ease of use is ok, functionality for the price is low.

Pros

The interface is sleek, albeit a bit difficult to navigate. Once you know where to look for the functionality you need, it's great. The other thing I'd mention is uptime/reliability--I've never encountered a problem in that regard.

Cons

The thing that I would LOVE to see from Dialpad is the ability to have at least some extensions (for departments or individuals) without paying for them. Other providers, e.g. Grasshopper, offer this functionality as standard, and it is super useful. Even if Dialpad charged a couple dollars per month per extension, that would be fine. But as of now that functionality is not offered at a reasonable price.

Ante
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

Great Product and easy to use

Very good, recently discovered the ability to screenshare and present to people we call, which is helpful in our industry.

Pros

East of use and the interface is excellent and pretty intuitive overall. Works well with pulling customer data in from salesforce lead management system.

Cons

Sometimes the system hangs and doesn't complete outgoing calls and the call is abandoned, this gets fixed with a computer restart, honestly might not be a software issue.