Oracle PeopleSoft Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Oracle PeopleSoft

PeopleSoft IT Asset Management (ITAM) is a cloud-based solution, which helps businesses manage the entire IT asset lifecycle, streamline equipment provisioning and send alerts about expiration dates of leases. The application's...

3.7
3.8
3.9

Browse Oracle PeopleSoft Reviews

Lena
Lena

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

Oracle Review

Oracle is simple to use, but it make a big impact on every day life in Accounting. Because of Oracle, journal uploads don't take as much time as before. It's also very simple to run any ad-hoc reports in Oracle.

Pros

I have used Oracle to initiate and post journal entries, run GL and generate reports. It's easy to use and makes searching for journal entries, uploading, reviewing, posting very simple.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Oracle.

AnnaLisa
AnnaLisa

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Difficult to learn at first but full of info

Pros

This program has so much information in it once you learn it. After 4 years of using it, i am still amazed when i learn more. It's a love hate thing lol. It helps me to save favorites, then i don't have to remember so many paths.

Cons

That there are so many paths to remember. And since the most recent update or so, it no longer shows the bread crumbs on top. So when i am training others, it's not possible to follow them (breadcrumbs).

Jenny
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

I used PeopleSoft for nearly 4 years at my last job at an advertising agency.

Pros

I like that there's such a wide breadth of what can be accomplished within PeopleSoft time sheets, expense reports, financial reports, PTO portals, opening job numbers for projects and much, much more. I like that our company used it as a main medium for so many different things. It's much easier when things are centralized in one platform.

Once you know how to use PeopleSoft, it can be one of your best friends. It can be a guiding tool to help better so many departments of a company. It helped me understand the ins and outs and track financials of projects much more vividly than I'd be able to otherwise. My most productive and proactive days at my old job included getting the most out of PeopleSoft and checking in on all of my various jobs (financials, open / close statuses, new jobs, etc.).

Cons

PeopleSoft is not user friendly until it's knocked into your head. I was given a manual when I started working at my old company and I had to reference this manual for literally years until it became second nature. There are too many steps and too many clicks to get to the finish line in nearly any task on PeopleSoft. And you have to know what buttons to press to yield a certain result. There are no guides to help you along the way. If you don't have a manual from someone at your job in your SPECIFIC position, you will undoubtedly be lost for a long time. The buttons to press are jibberish, honestly. Often times the buttons you need to press to get to the next page during a process of a task are just random numbers or random letters. I got so used to the program so I knew exactly what to press and when to press it but it took a very long time to get to that point. Even when I did, though, I found the program tedious and overly time consuming.

Top Oracle PeopleSoft Alternatives

Microsoft Excel

Ellucian Banner

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Lori
Lori

Reviewed on 1/03/2018

Makes payroll hassle-free!

Pros

The fact you can upload time in various ways to this platform is incredibly helpful. We would accept time via the platform feed, fax, email, etc. This is crucial when dealing with timekeeping methods from various clients.

Cons

I would love for there to be a communication system built in, perhaps notes or something of this nature. And for those to be tied to the payroll record.

Kelly
Kelly
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

PeopleSoft HR

I've worked with PeopleSoft for over 25 years, it's evolved exponentially and continues to serve its purpose every day!

Pros

Accessibility, ease of use and ability to customize as needed.
I find the self-service options useful as well.

Cons

Query tool is not intuitive to general user.
Creating and modifying queries requires technical expertise that the general user does not have.

Jonathon
Jonathon

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Peoplesoft is not the most user friendly

I work in the university and we use this system in order to process invoices in the system and send invoices out in a timely fashion to our customers in order to receive payments. The benefits that I see from this system is that there are many queries that you can write into the system in order to become more efficient resolving issues.

Pros

I like that there is much that you can do on it in order to manage the business needs of an office. There are many links and tools that can be used on this software from processing invoices to creating queries to help be more efficient, to being able to do checks out of the system.

Cons

The system works way too slow. Its a slow system that makes it difficult to be productive at work. Sometime it takes me 15 - 20 minutes just to process one invoice which is way too long with the high volume of invoices I have to process.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Good people management tool

Pros

There is a lot of functionality. You can manage people on every level, from hiring to retirement and everything in between.

Cons

There are a lot of modules that you can. Depending on your technology level, it can be easy to use or very difficult. You need the right staff that are properly trained.

Brandy
Brandy
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

PeopleSoft Review

Pros

It is a fairly simple software used for inputting worked hours, maintaining job information, completing performance evaluations, etc. The software does what we need it to do.

Cons

Software is very out dated, and is not incredibly intuitive upon initial training and use.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 7/03/2019

Great User Administration

Overall we enjoyed being able to track students through their lifecycle at the university and enjoyed utilizing the alumni tracking capabilities.

Pros

My former organization used PeopleSoft to manage our student population. The software easily allowed us to track students through their life-cycles at the university. Additionally, we enjoyed the ability to track our alumni and keep a database of their current areas, using them for donations in the future.

Cons

Despite having great features, this software is a little more challenging to learn. However, Oracle does provide some excellent training videos online and their conference gives an even more in-depth look at the product.

Kimberly
Kimberly
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Payroll Administrator for 175 employees

The government I work for uses PeopleSoft so it’s what I’m accustomed to, however sometimes it does feel rather “clunky”. Good tool though.

Pros

I like that robust employment data is stored in one place, securely, for my employees - from pay information to job position data

Cons

I would like to be more versed in PeopleSoft to become more efficient. I think the software could be more intuitive - currently you have to dig for some functions.

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Great software to be used in Government

The software fulfills my daily tasks at work, it's great to have such a great positive experience.

Pros

Many functions combined to make it a great software. We use the following, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Financial Management and Human Capital Management.
All these functions work nicely together, being able to transfer information from one platform to another.
The system response is fast, although there are many users who are using it and running reports at the same time.
Reports are easy to run and can be customized in any of the platforms. The IT people have done a great job to keep the system online and functioning to its best.
The best thing is being able to Log in once, and from there, you're able to submit an expense claim, search for a job, submit a vacation request, etc. The software can handle anything.

Cons

New users face a hard time to understand the many functions.
There are many links/options that makes it tough to get the information needed without investing the time to understand what every function does. Where too many clicks are needed to get to where you want to be.

Lee
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

PEOPLESOFT

I started off using a DOS mainframe system until we upgraded to PeopleSoft. It was almost like comparing apples to oranges, but now I see it is really like comparing mandarin oranges to big, juicy naval oranges!

Pros

I think one of the best features about PeopleSoft is its ability to manage large amounts of data/records. I’ve been using it now for over a decade and it can do so much more now than it could 10 years ago. I also love being able to find data using queries. If you have someone who knows how to write queries in PeopleSoft there isn’t anything you can’t find – if it has a header Field you can find it – it might take a few JOINs to get at the data, but it’s doable!

Cons

One of the things that I like least about PeopleSoft is it isn’t very intuitive sometimes. I know it is a database system and I know that it is a hierarchy database system, but sometimes it just seems like the navigation to get to a particular page or record is less than logical.

Rachel

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Cumbersome

Overall, it's been extremely uneven. I've learned it now, so I wouldn't love switching, but I would agree that another product would be superior.

Pros

Once you learn it, it's OK. It does give you the ability to favorite screens, which speeds things up.

Cons

There are truly a long list of things that I don't like, but one of the biggest is that everything is a mod request. The favorites sometimes attach themselves to the ID of the student that was on the screen at the time, and then I have to watch EVERY SINGLE TIME to be sure that I'm on the right student. Comments? Can't be edited or deleted. Not fun. Plus, it times out on me ALL the time. If it does? It won't restart properly for me fo the next half hour, so I'm always toggling between multiple browsers.

Shana

Reviewed on 7/05/2020

Oracle PeopleSoft Complicated but Functional

Overall it was challenging first but once you get the hang of it the Software has so many uses and makes my job a little easier that I don’t have to use so many different platforms to access my information as well as the students

Pros

I use Oracle PeopleSoft is a multifaceted Software and has so many different capabilities and options that keep everything on our campus streamlined from payroll, personal data like direct deposit performance evaluations, queries, student worker data and many more options

Cons

Since there are so many options and capabilities Oracle PeopleSoft is intimidating at first glance/use. It took some time to get used to navigating between the different screens, learning shortcuts, which buttons to use and when. Still learning all that this Software has to offer

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 1/07/2020

Very flexible system, easy to use

Once you know the system well, it is very easy to build the report or journal entries for pretty much any requirements. The system is very flexible and it is really useful when you are trying to find a particular number or transaction in large company

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to navigate system. Once you are comfortable with one version of People Soft, you can easily adopt to upgrades. It is almost impossible to post out of balance journal ( system protects itself). Account mapping is not complicated, but does require knowledge of People Soft and accounting itself ( like ability to do T accounts). I worked on People Soft in the very large and medium one, People Soft worked well in both companies

Cons

Some variety of People Soft do not allow to run across different business units and this is quite painful for accounting group during month end close. Crystal reports could be very tricky and have a tendency to slow down at the inopportune moments.

NADEEM

Reviewed on 5/09/2019

PeopleSoft - Time and Labor 9.2

Like many suites of PeopleSoft, the integrations of self-service, reporting and rule-based time codes are well built.

Pros

My overall experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 Time and Labor was positive. The Oracle documentation was well detailed and configuration was easy to follow and test. Preparation of user-end training was going smoothly using other Oracle learn and try products.

Cons

Like any large ERP, the implementation cycles were difficult. The team required to complete various task have to be pros, otherwise, you will run into issues in every cycle of the product.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Oracle People Soft. Best Accounting Package to buy.

As this is a cloud based product, i didnot faced any issues with this product. initial startup requires proper learning and hands on, but as compared to other accounting packages, its quite proficient and easy to use.

Pros

It is like all under one roof. we can manage and review financial aspects, analyze our inventory tracking, rate our suppliers and can manage them easily,etc. etc.

Cons

Internet should be available all the times. Sometimes due to technical issues we can face serious problems.

BRIDGETTE
BRIDGETTE

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

ORACLE PEOPLESOFT

We use the software for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and payroll.

Pros

I have peoplesoft for many years. If you purchase everything you need when getting the program, you should not have any issues using. We use the software for AP, AR and payroll.

Cons

This particular peoplesoft software we are using for the current State Agency I work for is the worse peoplesoft software I ever used. It has limitations, not user friendly, and difficult to fix without cost.

ashley
ashley
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

PeopleSoft

I use people soft at least 2/3 times a day to pull up my personal information and review recent changes without having to call my employer

Pros

Makes making Human resource changes such as address/phone very easy. I am able to find most of of the things I am looking too. This includes changing my tax exemptions, updating beneficiaries, looking at my time I have avail. ETC

Cons

I have no issues at all with people soft everything is easily able to pull up and it always at hand.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

PeopleSoft - One Of The Best HR Solution Product For Digitisation

- Delivered classic pages are quite easy to navigate and intuitive.
- Ease in configuring HR process for Payroll, Performance management etc
- Fluid extension is great to provide Responsive web page and better user expirience

Pros

- Provision for Classic and Fluid page interface
- User access control
- Ease in training end user using the product for Performance / Talent / WFA management

Cons

- Custom solution has lot of overhead and turnaround time

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Solid product!

Pros

The system is not flashy but it gets the job done. I used it at the University I worked at to track students grades, classes, financial info, etc. Once you learn how to navigate the system (which isn't too difficult) you have access to a lot information quickly.

Cons

There was a little bit of a learning curve as you get used to the system. However, once you understand the functionality, it's very useful.

Heroel

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Very cumbersome and frustrating

It helps in our accounts payable department. By receiving products in the system, we can quickly pay invoices to our suppliers

Pros

I like that the system can search a wide variety of information. Also that files can be attached and opened once payments have been finalized.

Cons

The printing process is unbearable. There is no clear print function in the system. Also the limitations are very frustrating when it comes to operating the system

Maizy
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Great Data Communication Tool

Overall, we have used PeopleSoft for years, and have had little issues with it. Despite it being a basic tool, it works well, and we plan to keep it for that.

Pros

My company has used Oracle PeopleSoft for a many years. Our main uses of it include sharing benefits information, new hire resources, compensation history, as well as our talent profile. It's used in-house, and has made it easy for information to be gather (from Oracle database) and disseminated to the employees.

Cons

My only complaint is that the tool is kind-of old fashioned and basic. There are numerous means of querying information and providing it to the user, so in the grand scheme of things, the tool hasn't seemed that special to me.

Aundrea

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

Great for Keeping Student Records

Pros

I work at a University and we use this daily in the financial services department. We keep track of student accounts and how much they owe the school, prior payments, and other records. I have never used another program to compare this to but I also haven't had many issues.

Cons

It was a little tricky to get used to, but it's effective for keeping student accounts.

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Terrible interfacing, glitchy

Pros

I am required to use this software to interact with Legal Aid as a private lawyer. The only positive thing that I can say is that it is relatively simple in its interface.

Cons

Navigation is absolutely terrible. If using the back button in browser, the session usually times out or glitches, requiring a fresh login. Navigation can be quite confusing and difficult.