HubSpot Marketing Hub Reviews

Visit Website

About HubSpot Marketing Hub

HubSpot is a leading growth platform. Over 52,000 total customers in more than 100 countries use HubSpot’s award-winning software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. Marketing...

4.2

• Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 9/05/2024

Best for Email Marketing

Pros

I like to manage everything related with our marketing efforts under one roof.

Cons

The result file formats needs to be more diverse to be compiled.

Giovanni

Reviewed on 4/04/2024

A great tool for lead generation and campaign analysis

Pros

The automation and visibility are the greatest features that HubSpot Marketing Hub can offer to your company. It is really easy to use and maintain, whether you have a small or a larger marketing (or lead generation) team. You can keep track of everything that's happening in every active or past campaign with just a few clicks.

Cons

Although HubSpot offers solutions for every stage of lead generation and management, tracking a lead from a campaign through the sales pipeline once its deal card is created is not straightforward. While it is possible with the right skills and advanced knowledge, it will require a learning curve and some time to refine the results.

George

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great Email Marketing tool for all

Pros

One of the most appealing aspects of HubSpot Marketing Hub is its comprehensive suite of tools designed to streamline and optimize marketing efforts. From lead generation and email marketing to analytics and automation, HubSpot offers a cohesive platform that caters to the diverse needs of marketers. The user-friendly interface simplifies tasks, allowing users to create campaigns, manage contacts, and track performance with ease.

Cons

One of the drawbacks of HubSpot Marketing Hub is its pricing structure, which may be prohibitive for smaller businesses or startups with limited budgets. While the platform offers extensive features, access to certain advanced functionalities often requires higher-tier subscriptions, potentially pricing out smaller organizations.

Additionally, some users have noted a learning curve associated with fully utilizing HubSpot's capabilities, particularly for those new to marketing automation software

Top HubSpot Marketing Hub Alternatives

Brianna
Brianna

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Professional Marketing Hub - Great But Very Expensive

Good, user friendly, automated, and appreciate being able to integrate with almost all (if not all) of the other tech stack elements we use.

Pros

All in all--Hubspot's Marketing Hub (Professional suite) is fantastic. you can integrate landing pages, blogs, social media, email marketing and campaigns, and design / track your SEO strategy all on one platform. It's relatively user friendly (once you have your team trained to use it) and Hubspot's industry status means that it can be integrated with *most* other apps, platforms, or services.

Cons

It's wildly expensive. We're currently leveraging a great startup discount for the Marketing Hub--once that discount is finished, we may not be able to justify the great all-in-one solution for the cost. Instead, we'll look to hack together a similar solution with varied 3rd party apps. A headache to be sure, but Hubspot's full cost Marketing suite is really only designed for large-scale enterprise use. (The cost is astounding.)

Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Have previous experience using the Professional Marketing Hub with another team and knew its full capacities were what we wanted and planned to use.
Anthony

Reviewed on 19/05/2024

Constantly improving, but expensive

Pros

I've always viewed Hubspot as a very easy to use product, targeting the typical marketing users. But over the years they've added some great features and reporting, and are continuing to do so with acquisitions and AI.

Cons

Using it alongside Salesforce, it's going to get expensive. It's the kind of product that starts out cheap but every add-on is going to add additional costs. User seats, marketing contacts, number of reports - everything results in an uplift to your monthly bill.

Reviewed on 2/05/2024

HubSpot for Marketing Campaigns is the perfect tool to don't waste your money

So far it has been a good tool for me and for the companies I have worked with. I have not tried all the tools that offers but overall it is a good deal.

Pros

its ability to provide personalized communication, which helps businesses connect with their audience on a more personal level. This personalized approach can lead to higher engagement and better relationships with customers. You decide what to communicate with your audience and Hubspot brings it to the next level.

Cons

I have tried the mobile app but it was not very user friendly

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 25/04/2024

Getting more expensive

Pros

I like that we can reports and send marketing emails and setup marketing automations.

Cons

The least thing I like most about HubSpot is, it's getting more and more expensive. To the point, that we will have to move our CRM elsewhere.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

HubSpot Marketing Hub Review from a regular user

Overall great, helps me to capture leads through forms, landing pages, and calls to action embedded on my company's website. Also helps me to automate repetitive marketing tasks, such as sending follow-up emails, scheduling social media posts, and triggering workflows based on user behavior.

Pros

It provides me a centralized platform for managing multiple marketing activities, eliminating the need for using separate tools or platforms for different tasks.This streamlines workflows and improves efficiency for marketing teams.

Cons

Hubspot is a bit pricy tool, and it takes quite amount of time to learn this platform efficiently

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Easy but expensive in the long run

Pros

You may pick HubSpot as your first CRM and email marketing tool and learn very quickly. It's powerful and easy to use at the same time. It has an extensive list of integrations.

Cons

In the long run, it can be quite expensive. The offer many things but are not included, they are add-ons. Like SMS, toll numbers, and dedicated domain.

Norberto
Norberto

Reviewed on 4/04/2024

Great CRM tool

It's a one stop service hub for everything related to sales, marketing and client management

Pros

Very easy to set up with any email account service

Cons

Sometimes it logs off and you have to log back in, nothing serious really

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Great Marketing Automation Tool for Small Teams

HubSpot allows us to communicate with our database, create landing pages, website form, and track what people are doing on our website. It gives us great insight on who is interested in learning more about our company and makes it simple for us to communicate with prospects.

Pros

I love the marketplace for email templates, landing page templates, etc. As a small company, we do not have the resources to build out our own templates from scratch so this is extremely helpful. Their support is pretty top-notch! Everytime I reach out, they are very responsive and I've even had some people go above and beyond for support. This is so helpful to me and my team.

Cons

The reporting functionality is limiting and the workflows seem more like workarounds rather than a true integration functionality. It's very difficult to pull some basic reports on form submission and I am unable to pull a report for multi-channel attribution. We use the workflows to integrate with Salesforce and it honestly feels like a workaround rather than a true integration set-up. If you're editing a workflow and something going wrong, you have the potential of impacting your whole database. Their social media publishing abilities are limited. It's not a main reason why we use this so we rely on something else for social.

Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

HubSpot was much cheaper. We did not feel we had a team big enough to roll out Marketo.
Matthew

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Well rounded and easy to use

Pros

HubSpot Marketing Hub is intuitive. Ease of use is one of the primary reasons to consider HubSpot. It's easy to set up, configure and integrate with other applications. I do like that I can train others to use it across sales and marketing and empower them to take on responsibilities rather than having to ask me to set up or execute specific tasks in the tool.

Cons

ABM abilities are limited but they are working on added capabilties fairly regularly. There are better solutions for ABM in the marketplace for sure, but I would like to use one tool for B2B marketing automation if possible.

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

HubSpot was easier to use than Pardot and had a few additional features that we wanted. One of those was the ability to customize email and landing page templates and then use those over and over, or importing HTML templates for use.

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

We had several internal users test all tools in consideration and aligned on the idea of usability would enable the team to move quickly and distribute the workload. HubSpot was also able to meet out budget parameters with first year discounts.
Hale

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Everything under one roof.... and amazing customer support.

Pros

Hubspot is pretty easy to set up and offers a view across your entire organization from Marketing to Sales to Customer Success.
Before switching to Hubspot we were using tons of different tools that weren't integrated which causes things to fall between the cracks. The best thing about Hubspot is having everything right in one place. Also, Hubspot's customer support is really amazing. You can get someone on the phone in minutes which is so important when you are trying to deliver things under a deadline.

Cons

I feel that Hubspot's Landing Page builder is not as good as they claim for people without web design skills.
If you are a web designer with knowledge of html & css you will probably like it, but if you don't have those skills you will be limited with what you can do with their landing page builder.
Hubspot claims that it is a drag and drop builder, but that's not really the case.
We eventually stopped using Hubspot's Landing Page Builder and switched to Unbounce for landing pages which is much easier.

Brent W
Brent W

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Love HubSpot Marketing Hub - Dislike the way they handle contacts

My overall experience was positive and it covered 99% of our requirements.

Pros

HubSpot is fantastic and the MarketHub handles everything we do including Social Media, Ads, and emails. I love that we can easily create landing page that work with an email, track users and even add a code to our website to track where users have been on our site (Registered users)

Cons

The way they use contacts made the product VERY expensive. I would prefer to see a large bucket of users along with a way to keep users in our account when we don't use them for marketing. It was a significant cost to load users and then never market to them. I understand they maybe making some changes at this time but we chose to leave because of this cost.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

The cost of HubSpot was the only reason we switched

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

It was the easiest to use
Derrick

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

HubSpot solves all the major pain points for online marketers.

We now have greater control of our blog and website content from an SEO point of view. We use Wordpress and have started shifting our blog/articles to the HubSpot platform. Overall, we are very happy to invest time in optimizing how we use HubSpot's vast feature set.

Pros

The combination of content creation and marketing automation tools helps manage both the website SEO and email marketing components of our marketing plan.

Cons

Getting access to some variables for use in email template creation could be a little easier. The editor is super easy and powerful but accessing variables of our HubSpot users isn't available. (e.g. a sales rep's phone number). I also don't like that the administrator can't update their users' email signatures.

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

We used Pardot from 2011 until 2021. We chose Pardot in 2011 over HubSpot and Marketo. While HubSpot had a lot to offer in 2011, they had a long ways to go to meet our needs. Fast forward 10-years and HubSpot has added a ton of features and it was time to switch.

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

We felt a bit "painted into a corner" with Pardot. I'd be happy with Pardot today but not as happy as I am with HubSpot. I will keep an eye on Pardot as Salesforce has been evolving the product. The content creation tools in HubSpot were a major reason for us to switch.
Joseph

Reviewed on 1/04/2023

One of My Favorite Day-to-Day Tools

Generally, Hubspot helps me accomplish a lot in my day to day. It helps generate leads for my business and orchestrate a lot of complex marketing activities. It has its hiccups and limitations but generally support is good as well.

Pros

Hubspot is very easy to use and intuitive. I am constantly creating new workflows, creating new contact properties, and setting up marketing campaigns and lead-capture events. I think its a tool that looks nice and I enjoy working with it daily for the most part. Would recommend for those who will be doing email marketing, social media advertising, lead generation, list building, complex marketing orchestration or ABM, and things of that nature.

Cons

The biggest con is battling our email delivery health and quarantined contacts. The lead scoring, list building, reporting, workflow triggers, and some of the lead tracking have limitations. There are a few pieces of functionality that I need that is not in the system. But every business is different and it can be hard to cater to the thousands of use cases necessary for everyone. We can mostly survive without these things even though we'd prefer them. Also, our integration with SalesForce got messy pretty fast so maintenance is a must.

Mailchimp and Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

Easy to set up, seemed less complex, and had reasonable pricing.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

The last marketing tool you'll need

I think the marketing hub plus the sales hub are priceless if integrated well. The best results from campaigns I ever had is when we were able to use this tool across the whole company.

Pros

Hubspot allows all your marketing efforts to be managed as an easy CSM to power all the lead and customer information as a CRM. The automation and event triggering with the product work wonders once its done well.

Cons

It can feel expensive if the rest of the company is not using its products as you need to create a hybrid model to track everything and that makes it sometimes worthless

Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Marketing Hub

I had already have excellent past experiences using hubspot and I know exactly how to execute my marketing playbook with it. Also its support is fantastic. Super easy to get ahold of them and resolve any issue.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

I am not a marketer. Hubspot was the right pick for me.

I LOVE this platform. Onboarding is great. My support person (yes, you get a dedicated success manager that you actually form a relationship with and can help you navigate intricate projects, offer suggestions, advice or just listen as moral support and confirm you are on the right path ANYTIME) is fantastic, the software is in my opinion best in class.
The contract renegotiation process is a bit of a bummer. Some of the folks there aren’t the easiest to talk to or deal with. My hope is that they can fix the issues and shine in this area too. Product developers and bright and knowledgeable and they are constantly improving the platform to our delight.

Pros

I am not a marketer. In fact, it was a hat I took on with my family’s Small business just to help out. Boy are we all glad we did. First of all, it is intuitive. There isn’t a page in Hubspot that doesn’t offer help in the form of written, video and linked tutorials. It’s all in-line too. I don’t have to open a different screen most of the time. I can easily and quickly solve my issue or learn something new right within the page I am working on. It’s been a game changer.
It helps me be a better writer. Hubspot offers suggestions for how to compose and email, a landing page, an offer pop up. It also offers on page SEO and optimization help, identifying potential issues and offering suggestions before you publish it.
It caters to all ability levels. From a novice to an expert, there is something for everyone and online training to match whatever level that may be.
It also has incredible value. There are so many extras packed into Hubspot. Chat, automation, graphic editor, asset management, CRM, extreme integrations, and a wide open API.

Cons

Obvs the price. It’s pricey. We have 3 different locations of the same franchise and we operate them as one business. But because we are required to have 3 domains, we were forced into the enterprise license. It is a lot for a small business with lean operations to pay. Luckily we negotiated a great deal for the time being so it isn’t breaking us.

Dayana
Dayana
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 6/06/2019

The benefits of hubspot

In general, hubspot is updated in a contacting manner that allows me to create a list of different groups, build my database so that the sales team can do a more efficient job and focus the strategies specific to each work group

Pros

It is a software dedicated to automate marketing actions, where many departments must automate tasks related to emails, social networks, in addition to those that are related to websites, in order to facilitate tasks.
With hubspot you can manage contacts, activities related to websites, Live Chat, Conversational Bots, Marketing by mail, Ad Retargeting, among others.
It should be noted that with this Software, it helps create optimized content for search engines, in turn generates user traffic on the website or blogs.
This software is recommended to all professionals dedicated to digital marketing, because it unifies all the necessary tools into one, so they can do the work in less time. In addition, consumers are no longer only in the email, nor do we have to rely solely on their actions in this medium.
Personally, what I like most about this software is that it has a free plan and allowing any company to use it, in case of wanting a paid version it has good prices.
Among other benefits of hubspot, is that you can easily see the workflow that has had a client powers, such as downloads and their interactions with the company's website, this option is great, because it can help to know how many potential customers are ready for another email or a call.
It is important to note that once downloaded the program on your computer is integrated with all the tools that are already being used.

Cons

Among the disadvantages of this program is: that you do not have any tool that can merge the contact information of different organizations.
It does not have the ability to register several email addresses of the same contact, this weakness is palpable at the moment of conversation by email with a user, because if we want to contact you by another address via e-mail is very difficult to connect .
You can not ignore unimportant records, this is to facilitate the reading of relevant interactions.
If you have a company that wants a smooth and powerful solution to manage contacts, that can see the visibility of the work, this program is not recommended

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Best All Around Marketing Platform for Small to Mid Sized Businesses

Hubspot is the solution that propelled a single position into an entire digital marketing department. The learning curve can be steep for anyone new to this type of automation and integration, but is supplemented by Hubspot Academy's learning resources and certifications. Overall, the basic environment is intuitive and features are relatively easy to use.

Pros

Hubspot has every essential feature you need to build and manage a digital marketing department. From CRM and lead forms to email automation and content marketing to advance reporting; almost anything that is missing from the platform can be easily integrated either thru partnerships or Zapier APIs and web hooks. Hubspot keeps up with the fast changing landscape of digital marketing with regular launches of new features like chat bots and improved contact management. Managing several brands thru one enterprise portal, I am able to track deliverables from various divisions, monitor multiple team progress, and aggregate lead acquisition strategies to maximize talent resources. I recommend Hubspot to all small to mid sized businesses.

Cons

Hubspot is a jack of all trades, yet master of none. Unless you pay for add-on features, your company will miss out on the more powerful integrations, reporting, and paid ads. Otherwise, Hubspot's normal customer service is really just a human connection to their extension support docs. For any custom or complicated support requests, pay the extra for designated priority tech support. Sending 12 million emails and 6,000 social posts annually for multiple brands through a single portal sometimes can to be difficult to work around. Some improvements are rolled out that aren't always an improvement over their previous features.

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

HubSpot is a very useful email marketing and automation tool.

It has been very useful indeed. Through my use of HubSpot over the last 2 years we have successfully launched tele-marketing, email marketing, and SMS marketing campaigns.

HubSpot customer support have provided exceptional service throughout this period, giving us early access to the drag & drop email builder while it was in Beta. This enabled us to scale our email marketing operations much quicker than we anticipated. Their customer support and account management teams will always go the extra mile to help you.

There have been one or two usability issues which I have mentioned but besides this it's a tool I will continue to use and one I will recommend for mid-size companies which need an automated direct marketing tool.

Pros

- Intuitive UX (mostly).

- Extremely efficient and pro-active customer support - they will always go the extra mile for you, including creating draft workflows to demonstrate how certain features work.

- The new drag & drop email builder.

Cons

- Clarity of which integrations are possible with HubSpot, including the accuracy of Google Analytics attribution of HubSpot emails, and whether it is possible to design and launch push notifications through HubSpot.

- The drag & drop email builder can sometimes be quite inflexible, but this is improving with additions of features like personalisation tokens.

- Some features are little hidden and unintuitive, such as the power of building custom reports.

- The way some default filters work are also unintuitive, but I imagine these will gradually be improved (for example, there's no option to segment users in lists exactly {30 days before/after} a contact status change - combinations like "more than 30" but "less than 31" have to be used to achieve this).

Nicole
Nicole

Reviewed on 6/01/2022

Powerful and Easy to Use

Marketing Hub has allowed us to become a full-fledged marketing team with 2 contributing people on average. We went from one blog a week and one newsletter a month to a completely integrated marketing strategy.

The onboarding process was borderline delightful and we've had excellent support ever since.

Pros

The most impactful aspect of Hubspot is its all-in-one capabilities— especially for small businesses. I never felt like we were paying for features we didn't need. Automation features like workflows, support surveys, sequences, and content scheduling allowed us to operate at the level of a larger team. We could push more content and reach more audiences than was previously impossible.

And, the customer support is PHENOMENAL. When reaching out to support actually solves your problem without taking a chunk away from your day is huge IMO. I love using chat support because you can include links and screenshots to address problems quickly.

Cons

Honestly, Hubspot adapts so much that my complaints aren't relevant for very long. However, I do really wish we could set up our own rules to manage duplicate contacts and contact - company associations. There are also some features that seem silly to have to upgrade to enterprise to receive like multi-variate landing page testing.

Zoho CRM and ActiveCampaign
Mohammad

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

An outstanding all in one marketing platform

We got the all-in-one marketing platform 'Hubspot' to manage all our marketing campaigns, and emails, create landing pages, check the SEOs, manage leads, etc. This platform is very easy to use and offers great integration.

Pros

-Perfect platform for creating and managing all your marketing campaigns.
-Offers great integration with other platforms.
-Offers great UX/UI, with plenty of free training available at Hubspot academy
-Easy to manage leads, segment your audiences
-Easy to create landing pages, workflows for marketing automation, and emails

Cons

-The feature for managing social media is not the best, does good scheduling but could be improved
-The pricing is too much, as you move forward to the next tier - it is very expensive
-Reporting is confusing, there are limits on reports and dashboards and they are very basic

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Marketing Hub

New hire wanted to use HubSpot

Keap
Beatriz
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

With HubSpot I simplified my marketing strategy and unified my team, tools and data in one...

Answering some messages, sending welcome messages, or being able to send certain emails can be very time consuming and tiring if done manually. In fact, in cases where the volume of users is too large, it could be impossible. The best solution to these problems is using HubSpot

Pros

With the automation of marketing, we rely on the behavior to customize emails, content and offers.
Automate email campaigns to help our prospects move through the funnel and generate more qualified sales opportunities.

It also creates extraordinary emails without having to modify codes. You choose between a dozen activations, conditions and actions to send the appropriate emails to the right sales opportunities at the right time.

But the best thing of all is that each workflow that it generates can be linked to a clear objective, so that we will always know if our emails work correctly. Also, because workflows are part of the fully integrated marketing platform, it also has the tools to grow and replenish our database as contacts leave the list naturally over time.

Cons

The marketing aumatixación can become a complex process apart from the economic expense generated by its use. Also when there are so many tools we run the risk of focusing on paying attention to one and leaving out many automated marketing opportunities and we would be paying for functions that we do not use.
In addition, all the tools for automated marketing have their fundamental basis in the segmentation of leads, and their function is to gather information about these users in order to deliver certain content.
And the problem with this is that often this information is not always accurate enough and could lead us to deliver content to unsuitable people at the wrong time and, then, not get anything to help us, or the client in his decision-making or the brand in its growth.

Response from HubSpot

Hello Beatriz!

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review - we really appreciate your feedback!

I am really glad to hear that the platform has been helpful in unifying your marketing team's strategy, tools, and data in one place! It sounds like you are making great use of the Workflows tool to do business easier and faster!

As far as room for improvement - I'd love to dig in deeper to some of the specific issues you have been facing. Specifically, when you speak about your feeling that you may prioritizing certain tools within HubSpot while neglecting other ones - do you find this is something that happens often? Do you need to remind yourself to invest time in the other tools? Would it be helpful if HubSpot reminded you periodically about the other tools at your disposal or would this prove to be more annoying than helpful?

If you would like to continue the conversation, feel free to email me and we can keep talking!

Carl

Replied 18/04/2018
Stephan

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Awesome experience with HubSpot Marketing

Taking the plunge to join this organization was a turning point for my business. Through their professional presentations and meaningful analytics, I quickly gained insight into what had been holding me back from taking that next step forward in growth. Not only did it provide blog creation solutions; It provided an easy pathway to tap into knowledge I didn't know existed - unlocking new potentials within my venture!

Pros

After a brief adjustment period, I quickly discovered the immense potential of having all my marketing tools in one place. With Hubspot's help, I successfully moved all my marketing activities and now benefit from automated workflows & analytics as well as an landingpage experience. What truly sets them apart is their ability to track conversations with customers which helps me gain insight into how best to meet specific needs while scaling up operations.

Cons

The blog could benefit from improved editing options and a wider range of fonts, to ensure posts are presented in their best light. On the other hand, backlinking capabilities appear to be running smoothly. Furthermore, it would be helpful if each contact record provided easier access to form submission content as well as any subsequent emails associated with that individual.

Tableau