Kickserv Reviews

About Kickserv

Kickserv is a cloud-based field service management solution that provides small businesses, tools and functionalities, which help them to manage leads, estimates, team's schedules, jobs, invoices and payments. Kickserv can be...

4.2

Browse Kickserv Reviews

Ted
Ted

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Excellent functionality and ease of use

Kickserv offers us the opportunity to quickly reschedule and update work orders in real time. The Quikbooks integration saves us time and money because we only enter customer info once.

Pros

Kickserv enabled us to scale up the business and offers us excellent tracking for billing, communication, and customer service.

Cons

There are no issues or downside for my company.

Response from KickServ

Thank you Ted. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. I hope it also helps others.
Cheers!

Replied 10/12/2018
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

Great for One Tech

I enjoy using the product from my desk and the tech doesn't have any complaints from the app.

Pros

I like that i can invoice the job with clear notes and history to the clients from my tech. Scheduling is easy.

Cons

Wish there was a way to alert the tech out of the app. I review a work order and see I need more notes or need him to advise on a part # so that I can quote. I have no way to tell him this other than to copy the notes and email him separately.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Smart Service

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

ease of use and low cost for using with just one tech.

Response from KickServ

Thank you for the wonderful review, Jennifer. I know the idea of two way communication within Kickserv, among employees, has been kicked around. I'll be sure to pass the feedback up the ladder. :)

Replied 2/12/2021
Josh

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Lack of response to concerns. Converted us to new platform a day early while open.

Our experience with this software was average until the migration from SSK to Kickserv.

1) Our migration was scheduled for the evening of 2/2/17 but instead was run during the morning.
2) This resulted in us not being able to access our entire database for the entire workday. We lost customers and business as a result.
3) The only response we have gotten from Kickserv is "Sorry about the confusion".
4) Responses to issues about the new platform are not helpful and delayed.
5) Cannot upload certain file-types as attachments (Old SSK allowed anything)
6) Editing estimates does not work correctly
7) There are problems with payment capturing in Kickserv. Kickserv seems to ignore some line items.
8) When asked how to permanently complete tasks for re-occurring jobs, the only response I got was "Let me see if I can explain how to do this one".
9) None of our questions or issues have been resolved.

Pros

drag and drop capabilities

Cons

Since switching over to the new platform, there are issues with billing and attaching. Customer support is not helpful

Response from KickServ

The experience you had with the migration of your account was very unfortunate. Having your system not available during your working hours is a serious issue and we apologize for that error. We did work with your co-worker on the phone to handle the major issue which was mainly getting the sync working successfully again. To acknowledge some of your comments here we currently don't restrict file types. I have requested for your company to send us any file types that seem to not upload. Also, with the issues of editing estimates and capturing certain line items we are not aware of any issues and appreciate any specific feedback on these issues through the normal lines of support at any time. We will clarify with you on what occurred exactly with your earlier question via our support lines of how to complete tasks for re-occurring jobs.
We very much appreciate your loyalty with us and hope we can make up for the disruption to your business as we move forward.

Replied 5/03/2017

Top Kickserv Alternatives

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Salesforce Field Service

Scott
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Kickserv Review

Kickserv allows us to go semi paperless and cuts out time from dispatch to accounting.

Pros

The ability to store everything together.

Cons

It did not integrate with QuickBooks Online as we had hoped. It integrates with it, but not everything transfers.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Reasons for Choosing Kickserv

Too much Double-Entry from dispatch to accounting

Price
Susan

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Overall easy to use. Quirky on what can be synced with Quickbooks

Easy appointment scheduling, which is our main goal. We do not use it for tech in the field, but we do print our work orders for them. Customer service is quick.

Pros

Ease of appointments and overall layout of the calendar makes using the appointments end of the program easy.

Cons

We back all of our info into Quickbooks. You can not start an estimate in kickserv and sync it to QB. Only invoicing can be synced. If you do an invoice and sync it in kickserv, you can not make a change to the invoice on the kickserv side.

Response from KickServ

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate feedback and it's what helps us know what to prioritize when making updates to Kickserv. I will pass along your feedback to the product team for future consideration. In the interim, if you have any questions about QuickBooks synchronization, our Success Team is always available to help. Just reach out using the chat bubble in the app.

Replied 28/06/2023
Vonnie

Reviewed on 3/10/2023

Awesome product!! 10!!

I own a contracting business and it is perfect for my business.

Pros

I like the ease of use as well as the customer service.

Cons

I wish I could modify some of the forms. The font is so small many of my customers are older and can’t read it very well.

Response from KickServ

Hello Vonnie, thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to leave us a review. That's excellent feedback about the forms. I'll send this over to our product team for future consideration (perhaps a font selection tool). Please let us know if you need help with anything.

Replied 9/10/2023
Ron
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Kickserv

Pros

I like the ease and convenience of the software. It is very user friendly.

Cons

No complaints. We have used the company now 6 years.

Response from KickServ

Hello Ron,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We know that our users have a lot on their plates and it takes time to write a review. We really appreciate it! Please let us know if you need anything. Our Customer Success Team is always on standby to answer any questions that might come up.

Replied 20/11/2023
Erica
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

KS Review

It has been a great experience.

Pros

The features that are most important are the maps to better route the techs, its simple, and i hardly ever have any issues.

Cons

there is nothing that i dont like about it.

Response from KickServ

Hello Erica,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We know that our users are busy people and we really appreciate it when we get feedback. We are thrilled you are having such a great experience using Kickserv.

Replied 1/11/2023
samuel

Reviewed on 6/10/2023

Kickserv Rocks

Use it daily, main platform used and easy to send invoices to Quickbooks.

Pros

Ease of notifying clients and techs of jobs scheduled.

Cons

There isnt anything that is disliked about Kickserv.

Response from KickServ

Hi Samuel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear that it is working so well for you! Please feel free to reach out to us at anytime if you need assistance.

Replied 12/10/2023
Jeff
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Have had a positive experience overall with kickserv. Wish it was more customizable but still able to accomplish without

Pros

It's very easy to use. The pricing was is great for a company just starting up.

Cons

There are some features specific I wish were available.

Response from KickServ

Hello Jeff, thank you for choosing Kickserv and taking the time to leave us a review. We do have several customization options on the higher plans, so when you're ready to upgrade, you'll see some additional features. As far as the specific features you wish we offered, we'd love to hear your thoughts! Feedback really helps our product team when prioritizing future updates to the product. Send us a message at [email protected] anytime.

Replied 11/10/2023
Sandy
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Superior Elevator Inspections - We Love Kickserv!

We have many customers that have many conveyances that we have to inspect per State requirements. Each has a different State Identification Number to record and track which we use in scheduling. We have to do much coordination between elevator contractors (Otis, Schindler, Kone, etc.), our customer building owners, and our inspectors. It's not always easy but Kickserv makes things much more manageable. Prior to Kickserv, spreadsheets, Word calendars and white boards were used...it was like the Dark Ages. :)

Pros

It's so easy to use and functions well for most of our needs. I LOVE the Special Instructions section and the clarity it provides in the Overview tab. Tags are also very helpful for our needs. The Resource calendar is fantastic too. Sometimes updates made in QB don't seem to come over to Kickserv in a timely manner but I think they usually do eventually. Overall, Kickserv has been a game-changer for us and I'm grateful every day for it's availability.

Cons

On my wish list is a feature that will allow me to duplicate contact information of one customer and paste it into that of another. We deal with many management companies who manage several of our customers and I have to re-type their contact info into each shared customer that we have. Reports are a little cumbersome to create but I did work in Salesforce.com many years ago and found that to be the case with them too.

Response from KickServ

Hi Sandy,

SUPER review! You have been a very loyal customer for over 3 years! Thank you. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. Your viewpoints were insightful, and I believe they will help others.

Replied 28/06/2019
Shane

Reviewed on 6/12/2021

Kickserv Kicks Ass

Excellent product and fast, reliable support.

Pros

Kickserv is easy to use and easy to learn. It has more than enough functionality for my small business and integrates well with the Stripe payment system. The scheduling and calendar feature are extremely useful in daily planning.

Cons

The home page is useless. Some of the reporting functions need work.

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Kickserv

The other product didn’t offer scheduling functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

Kickserv was recommended by an associate.

Response from KickServ

Shane - that is sort of an unofficial motto "it's that easy". And the fact you are finding that collecting your money is a snap using Stripe is great news. The dashboard of the application is for the owner to manage their Customer flow line (Opportunity > won > job > follow-up > invoicing > to collecting payment). I recommend you write into [email protected] or use your blue message bubble in the app and we can certainly do more training on this with you. Thank you again.

Replied 10/12/2021
Jeff

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Fits our company's needs and overall easy to use.

Pros

It is overall easy to customize to fit our needs. There are many features we use and I'm sure many more we don't. Allowing other employees to view, create notes and have user access is very helpful for our business. Also, the search option is great. When forgetting what address is associated with what customer, the search option is a helpful go-to when looking for a random piece of information.

Cons

I wish it was easier to navigate online "help topics". While the customer service on the phone is great, it would be nice to access online articles. I haven't found them especially helpful. Also, when clicking on a customer and then accessing the jobs in their profile, it has been very frustrating seeing old jobs come up first. I don't want to see 2014 jobs, I'd rather see the ones I'm currently on, being 2018. Making the option to choose a date view and then having KickServ remember my last selection would be very helpful.
In-Progress (for jobs) tab is really confusing. We only use Scheduled or Completed. We have one job in In-Progress (not sure how it got there) and don't know how to move it to Scheduled. This is very confusing and frustrating as we don't use this feature and don't know how to get rid of it. Please get rid of In-Progress or make the option to not use, more accessible.

Braeden
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

Simple, affordable work managment software

I tested several work order managment products before choosing Kickserv as my platfoem. Makes scheduling, timecards, and customer history a non headache for me and my business. Totally love the product!!

Pros

Kickserv is great for customer managment. Easily see past and future work orders for all customers. Love the ability to add attachments to customer profile and work orders. Great database.

Cons

I have no dislikes. I would like to have the ability to select which items are shared per work order via the customer portal.

Response from KickServ

Hey Braeden, 10/10, all the stars, and no dislikes! We are grateful for the review.

We are glad to hear that you love our product and that Kickserv is meeting your expectations.

When you have some time send me an email at [email protected] so that I can get some more information about your request and we can submit it to our product team as a feature request!

Thank you again for your review and for being a part of the Kickserv family.

Replied 26/04/2022
Lou

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

All Fixed Appliance Repair review

Overall, the experience has been very positive. We're happy that we decided on this one.

Pros

Real time scheduling, mobile use, files attachments, work order creation

Cons

Customer portal to request service is cumbersome, bug reporting has become more difficult with the new chat robot. I usually video the issues to better explain the bug. I can't do that any more.

Octopus CRM and FieldEdge

Cost and features

Response from KickServ

Howdy Lou. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We greatly appreciate it. The new support system is fairly new and we will continue to work on making it easier to to reach us, as well as report bugs. Thank you again for the feedback.

Replied 2/12/2021
Ashly

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Best value and

Pros

We have used the software since about 2012. It is very user friendly and allows our company to schedule and keep track of our customers on a daily basis. We love the ability to create reports and sort data but services used, how often customers use us, amount spent, ect. The staff at Kickserv is responsive and easy to work with if a question or problem arises. Kickserv syncs seamlessly with quick books and allows us to easily keep our books up to date. We have just recently started using the credit card processing add on. It was again, seamless and easy to use. Very happy and attribute the program to our continued success!

Cons

There are a few upgrades I would love to see...such as taking a discounted about off certain items. For our business a check box form would be helpful in the tuneup each of the technician s perform, however for the dollars spent it is a great program at a great value.

Response from KickServ

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ashly. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Replied 8/08/2019
Debbie

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Overall our experience with Kickserv has been good. There are a few glitches at times.

Pros

The calendar has been easy to use. We do not use it for our installers at this time but use it daily for our sales appointments. For the most part kickserv has been user friendly.

Cons

There are times when we have issues syncing with QuickBooks. It seems this happens when we have one customer with multiple locations. We created our own invoice and estimate template. It would be helpful if this was easier to do and we did not need an HTML guru or it would be helpful if kickserv was more helpful with this. Reports can be confusing to create to pull the information needed. The reports probably took us the longest to figure out how to use. When uploading pictures it is very slow for the sales people when using their ipad in the field.

Response from KickServ

Hello Debbie,
We really appreciate your time and the feedback you and your team have provided us.

You should always use our chat feature in the program whenever you have a sync issue that you are not able to resolve.
We do have plans to make both reporting and possible custom template modifications easier.

Replied 26/06/2018
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Decent Software; Great Support

We use KickServ to schedule field engineers for analysis and to generate our invoices and estimates. It works well for our current needs, though there are some small functionalities I wish would change. On the bright side, it's always improving - please keep the updates rolling out!

Pros

The customer service is excellent. Whenever I have a question, someone gets ahold of me within in an hour (or usually less), and they'll follow up within a day or two to make sure you're doing well. The software is also constantly improving with new upgrades.

Cons

When using the program with QuickBooks, it doesn't always sync the way I'd like it to. Once a contact is in, I can't edit the contact information, which is a pain when we have multiple customers from the same overall client company. There's always a little tweak here or there that I wish would change. However, the support team usually will assist with any problems.

Response from KickServ

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. Your viewpoints were insightful. Plus, we are happy to hear of how pleased you are with our Support Team. Keep reaching out to us anytime with our in-app chat because we are here to help.

Replied 25/06/2019
Jenifer
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 8/07/2019

Field Service & Installs - Locksmithing & Security

We can easily see all jobs scheduled for a given day, search open and historic work orders, track the progress on longer jobs and ensure all invoices are created and sent timely. This has cut down on lost paperwork, increased communication, and minimizes the number of support staff needed in the office to keep operations running smoothly.

Pros

Kickserv has a fairly intuitive layout and search function. Once the customer list is loaded you can view all jobs relating to individual customers, upload photos, set up future service and easily move calls between technicians. This is a great program to start with when moving away from an antiquated platform (paper, Excel, etc).

Cons

The downside of Kickserv is the lack of customization. I believe it was originally developed to suit a different industry and while we've found work-arounds for our needs they are still work-arounds and rely on humans remembering the unique procedure .

Gerald

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

This software is powerful and keeps me organized.

This software helps my business stay very well organized. My last business I used just an accounting program and had to hire 2 office personnel to run the back end of my business. With this program, I can do my back end with the help of my bookkeeper. I authorized my bookkeeper as admin personnel and from his office he keeps me organized with my quarterly's and end year.

Pros

I love that you can do many things with this software, but my favorite is that it keeps in contact with my customer sending out emails the day before I arrive and again on the day of my appointment. Amazing, it has cut down the to almost 0 of customers missing our appointment.

Cons

The thing that I do not like is when using from a smart phone in the field, you open the program and a number tasks close down the program and restarts. It never lets you use these tasks. Wish they would fix it so the phone can access the program. Love it if I could email their invoice from smart phone.

Linda

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Great Software

Just having everything in one place is great! My boss has more experience with account management software and he really likes this one. He likes they are updating their software frequently and adding new features that help us, like the dispatch and map feature.Early on, I talked/chatted with your customer service reps and asked a million questions. They were great and were very patient with me. I haven't had to bother them as much lately, but they are always accessible and helpful.

Pros

Easy to use.Easy to change products and prices.Love the reminders option and scheduling option.Love the response time and advice from the team when I ask crazy questions!

Cons

The mobile part of the software could use some help, from our perspective. We have issues with attachments and being able to view them in the field. We realize that some of our issues could be user error.

KAYLEY

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

KICKSERV IS GREAT

Easy to use, easy to learn, simple, intuitive (for me).

Pros

I miss using Kickserv for all of our companies. We switched to another customer service software, but we still have Kickserv for one of the companies. For what I do, their customer notifications and ease of use are great. From a financial standpoint, the owner of this company didn't find it robust enough. However, our new software was a NIGHTMARE when it came to tax codes, because in Washington state, each city has a different tax code, rather than one state tax code. More than a year later, our new system is still horrible for integrating taxes. Kickserv has it down to a science.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. For what I do, it was perfect.

Response from KickServ

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kayley. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Replied 6/11/2019
Ryan

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Kickserv Review

Overall good experience as a desktop and in field user.

Pros

Ease of use for invoices as a template, all invoices look the same for every client. Easy to adjust line items and pricing as needed. Taking pictures within the app has been a great addition.

Cons

App is glitchy and doesn't display charges in correct order. If taking a picture with the app, it doesn't save to the phone. Meaning, if signal is lost and the picture doesn't upload the picture is lost. This has led to us making a trip back to re-take a picture that didn't load or save.

Response from KickServ

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ryan. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. At this time, we have added the ability to arrange your charges in any way that you prefer. However, whenever you work around limited cell service areas you will want to save all images to your phone to upload later to Jobs.

Replied 13/08/2019
Rosa

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Great for the service field

Pros

I like mostly the mobile aspect of this system. It is great that the field reps can see everything on their mobile devices.

Cons

The reports are too complicated to get simple reports.

Response from KickServ

Hello Rosa. We appreciate your feedback and continued support. Feel free to ping a member of our Client Success team by emailing [email protected] if you have any questions regarding the reports or software. Our team is here to help. :)

Replied 9/01/2023
Mary

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

We have been using this software for years- before it was "Kickserv" and truly love it.

Organization, Peace of Mind, Customization, Reports, Syncing Capabilities, Follow-Up Reminders

Pros

We like the syncing capabilities, customization options, reports, and task/reminder functions. This app was truly created with the intention of giving you peace of mind that you've never forgotten something. It makes us feel truly organized and gives us the ability to keep our processes working smoothly.

Cons

When Service Sidekick got switched over to the new platform, Kickserv, we were excited for the new features, but the downtime and constant account issues have been frustrating. Support is sometimes difficult to get ahold of, as well. That being said, the incident report updates that we signed up for, have been great during these circumstances and Pete is always very helpful when he's providing support.