About Stamps.com

Stamps.com is a cloud-based parcel shipping solution designed for small to large businesses, online retailers, and multi-warehouse shippers. The application allows shippers to manage and automatically import order data from...

4.1

Browse Stamps.com Reviews

Tikisha S.

Reviewed on 5/05/2022

Stamps.com is Ingenious.

Overall, I think stamps.com is very easy to use & convenient

Pros

I like the fact that you can take care of your shipping needs all from home & they have the best variety of stamp design without having to look & make sure that you are purchasing the most updated & sufficient stamp for everyday postage. Lastly, if you purchase stamps from them they get there pretty quickly.

Cons

There’s nothing that I really don’t like about stamps.com. It’s pretty easy navigation.

Amanda L.

Reviewed on 27/03/2022

Stamps.com makes business mail more efficient and effortless!

We've been using stamps.com for years now. Since our business generates it's own leads through mail this has been a critical program to have. It was super easy to integrate and makes day to day operations for our marketing department a hassle free breeze.

Pros

We like that by using stamps.com we are able to quickly mail out our marketing materials. Paying for our postage right from the office!

Cons

Uses a lot of printer ink but that's to be expected. Really nothing we don't like about stamps.com.

Ron H.

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Why I used to love Stamps.com

If I was getting good technical service support and getting questions answered and not having to many snafus I would say my overall experience would be good. However because of the last two days of not being able to do business the way I'm used to I would say because of technical support I have a poor experience. I have people in Poland waiting for care packages to come in and other places around the world like South Korea Bahrain Kuwait some undisclosed areas Iraq Syria and I can't I'd have to keep my production up because these deserving service members are waiting for support from the USA. IHONOUSA.com has been shipping care packages to troops since 2012

Pros

I started using Stamps.com because I used to stand in line at the post office and would see people walking past me and put their packages down on the counter and leave. So one day I ask someone how do you put your packages up and walk out. And they told me Stamps.com. So because I make frequent trips to the post office this was intriguing to me. So I looked up the service and decided that this was something of a innovation innovation moment for buyer nonprofit organization shipping care packages to troops. It will save me a lot of time standing in line at the post office. And then I started having them pick the care packages up at the door of my home which was even more time saving. As far as the software is concerned it was easy to learn easy to use and I was very thankful to have this addition to my process.

Cons

Over the years I've had pretty good success with Stamps.com my only issue with this company is their customer service really sucks. And it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I recently had an issue with Stamps.com not recognizing APO addresses that I was shipping to because they didn't have the last four digits. Well I wanted to find out because most of the APO addresses that I shipped you don't always have the addition of four digits. So after spending 2 1/2 hours on and off the phone with stamps.com tier 1 technical support who didn't know anything and then they switched me to tier 2 in about an hour and a half and even though the guy worked with me to try to figure out or troubleshoot the issue we realized it still is not gonna work. But they would not tell me why or what was different than the three or four years prior that I was using this service.

Top Stamps.com Alternatives

Lena V.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 7/02/2022

Stamps.com is good for small businesses

Stamps.com is a good starter software for small businesses. It works well if you are only selling on a few platforms and shipping small amounts of orders at a time. For multiple platforms and many orders, it becomes difficult to use. I find myself having to do a lot of things manually, like adding tracking numbers back into the selling platform to update the merchant and customer. I also hate having to purchase special labels and stickers through their shop as it gets expensive. They do offer great shipping costs though. I’m really neutral with this software. It works decently but there are better options out there.

Pros

I like that I get low shipping rates and the orders are easy to find and ship.

Cons

I don’t like that the labels and accessories must be bought through stamps.com as they are expensive.

ShipStation

Reasons for Switching to Stamps.com

I liked the price and shipping options offered.
Sarah W.

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

A must-have for every small business

I was very satisfied with all the services I found available on Stamps.com. We signed up when our non-profit needed to mail magazines and correspondence across the country. The integration of Stamps.com with UPS was a huge time and money saver. Label printing was easy and the whole service just simplified our mailing process. Very satisfied!

Pros

I love the ease of printing pre-paid labels, loved not having to go to the post office to mail, really appreciate being able to pay for and then email a label to shipper, easy tracking of all packages, free boxes and supplies shipped to our offices. I also really appreciate the customer service and being able to speak right to a real person when I needed help, they were friendly and knowledgeable every time.

Cons

I don’t like the rising rates of postage, but nothing Stamps.com can control.

Samer Y.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

Never need or enter the post office again

The tracking features and not having to go to the post office lets me focus my tasks for the day. I recommend stamps.com just for the shear ability not to have to make another stop during my errands for the day.

Pros

The tracking of the package is so vital and key to any business. Many customers or clients want to know where their legal docs are to sign and stamps.com helps with that tremendously. Also when you need to ensure that a client has got a letter or certain pieces of information the certification receipt and tracking ID can help you tell the judge that you did in fact send the letter to the client or other party. Plus you don't have to go to the post office as much.

Cons

There is always a little uncertainty when you buy postage for a bigger than usual envelope or a package, so sometimes I end up paying just a little more just to make sure the package can be delivered without delay.

Reviewed on 9/04/2022

Stamps.com works, but could use a lot of refinement and some bug fixes

Pros

It integrates with both of our main e-commerce platforms, Amazon and eBay, and usually brings in our orders properly. When it does, it has all out of shipping speeds set and can automatically configure the services to use, which saves us time. It’s also quick and easy to get a cost estimate for a shipping label using the package tab, as long as you have an address in the general area of the delivery to use.

Cons

It’s clunky. Keyboard shortcuts are mostly non-existent, and some things take more mouse clicks than they need to. It also needs to alert us to the cause of problems, which it currently doesn’t do, but instead just displays a generic warning symbol when an address or shipping service is invalid, without pointing out where the problem is located. We also routinely find orders that do not import for no known reason, mostly from Amazon, and have to add them manually.

Heather Y.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 3/04/2022

Stamps.com changed my life!

Pros

This saved me so much time during my day. It takes the driving back and forth to the post office work away. There is no more guessing of the weight is right or not.

Cons

I would like to see more features become available.

Pamela S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

Thansk Stamps.com for asissting in my business success

great-saves me money and makes my packages look professional

Pros

makes it easy and quick to ship packages to my clients, with little efforts and a few clicks, you have me time and money

Cons

NOTHING, the ease of using and effectiveness is so appreciated

Jennifer B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

Love it

Stamps.com is a lifesaver when it comes to mailing packages it's very helpful highly recommended

Pros

I love the fact that Stamos makes it super easy to mail packages and track it as it goes along the delivery route..

Cons

No features I feel are missing it works great for what I need it for

Tracy O.

Reviewed on 1/08/2019

Best shipping software for small business shipping

Using this software was very beneficial to my business in that I did not have to go to the post office, wait in line with 30 packages, buy postage for each one, get all the delivery confirmation receipts and come back to the office and send that information to each customer. Probably saved me at least 1 and 1/2 hours per day. I have never had a problem with the software, if you do any amount of mailing or shipping, you need this software.

Pros

I am an Amazon marketplace seller who uses this software everyday for shipping, books, small retail items, using the US Postal Service as my primary shipper. This software has all of the postal service options and pricing. It has an address check feature and several printing options. Its super easy to use. Very easy to add funds, and many options for that. I tried the competition, this has it all over that, and the monthly fee is reasonable, and also flexible depending on what options you want. I used the scale that they provide for a one time purchase, which works perfectly with the software. Incredible flexibility. You can ship locally, by zone, flat rate, or international, the software even lets you do the international paperwork electronically. Its mostly set up to do postage and shipping through the US Postal Service but they also offer Fedex which is sometimes a better option.

Cons

I have used this software for over 10 years and I cannot think of one thing that I would call a con.

Blake B.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Turnkey point-and-click shipping for novices

I've set up Stamps.com shipping at several businesses now and it's always the first shipping software I select when setting up a new shipping operation. Ease of use and setup are huge pros for this software

Pros

Super easy to use and setup. You can be shipping your product on day one and having the Post Office deliver products to your customers. Just point n' click!

Cons

It's limited in other software integrations, but by the time you need those, you'll be ready for the next level of shipping software. For the ecommerce entrepreneur shipping from their basement, Stamps.com is all you need.

ShipStation and ShippingEasy

Reasons for Switching to Stamps.com

In my opinion, Stamps.com is easier to use than competitive products. Additionally, it receives official support and integrates directly with the USPS.
Danielle T.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Stamps.com is fine with me

Customizing shipping labels and tracking emails lends credibility to our small business.

Pros

It is a simple and comprehensive solution for shipping. It's easy to customize shipping labels for your business. Grabbing a refund is simple to do, although it takes a while.

Cons

The USPS pick-up feature seems easy but has never resulted in an actual pick up. Likely not STAMPS fault. Printing from other computers is a pain. I wish we could customize the shipped email depending on the sender's address. As I ship as multiple businesses, the messaging should change.

PayPal

ShippingEasy

Familiarity of staff.
Jessica C.

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

Great if you like paying for services you can get for free.

Pros

I have used stamps.com for over 6 years, at about 4 different places that i work, i know its a popular system and easy to use. other Pros if you are a new to shipping, they offer a free 1 month trial and free 5lbs scale, and a pack w sticker sheets, postcard stamps, i believe you just pay for shipping.

Cons

Printing postage for something as simple as postcards is a real nightmare,
I really really dislike how the set up is for post cards you have to purchase seperate sheets to print out the postage then stick them 1 at a time on your post cards, this is not efficient, esecially when you have thousands of post cards to send out.
another con is the monthly fee. If you are selling on any platform like ebay, etsy, amazon you can purchase postage directly from them, for sometimes less than you can on stamps.com which defeats the purpose of paying a monthly fee for a "discounted shipping rate"
Im not a fan, they lure you in w free things but at the end of the day after paying for their special stamp paper and monthy fees we dont save anything in fact im sure we spent more than we needed to.

Laurie L.

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Makes my work go smoothly and uninterrupted by trips to the post office

In addition be being an author, I also have a home office in which I do legal typing for attorneys in solo practices, which generates A LOT OF PAPER and correspondence. Stamps.com has consistently saved me time, money, gasoline, and having an horrific meltdown from standing in line at the post office. I'm sure other post office customers are relieved also.

Pros

It's quite easy to use, ordering supplies is simple and they arrive within a couple of days at the most. I especially like being able to print mail on either blank stamps or envelopes, and if necessary, print out parcel post mailing labels. It's also very helpful with keeping an online "meter" of my funds balance and allowing for instantly adding to my funds without having to leave the page. This program is one of the best time savers I use.

Cons

I use two different printers: an inkjet for printing individual stamps and a laser printer for printing the postage on envelopes, so I have to be careful to make sure the correct printer is indicated for the proper function. Not much of a problem, though, and everything else far outweighs this minor annoyance.

Laura K.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Great option for simple day to day business mailings.

This is a great software to use for day to day mailings in small businesses. We can print our own stamps at the office and no longer need to make trips to the post office for supplies.

Pros

They send you a free scale and automatically calculate the cost of stamps for you. They also have a store for purchasing supplies integrated into the system interface.

Cons

Can't think of anything really. This system is pretty simple and easy to use! I guess the only thing that would have been better was if the free scale could weigh heavier items.

Sean S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

Stamps.com Review

This was a very easy program to get initiated. Once you have your printer set up, and a scale, everything is a breeze. Customer service can be hard to get ahold up latter on in the day, but that is expected. Although, they do answer rather quickly in the morning. Very good program, I would recommend to any home office or any office for that matter.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that all of your post office needs can be taken care of from the comfort of your own home/office/etc., without having to go all the way to the post office. We are a law office, so we are constantly mailing items out. This program allows you to print directly on your envelope with your own logo, and really makes things look professional.

Cons

The most difficult part was getting the program set up with our printer, but all in all it was not that hard. Another process that took me a while to figure out was the international mailing. They could have made the format a little easier, but still not that hard to figure out.

Bob T.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Stop Standing In Line at the Post Office

Very easy to use. Very cost effective if you have the postage need.
It took us several months to begin to recover the costs associated with starting - but we realized our needs would grow and it was better to learn the system while still small than jump into something untested and putting our reputation on the line...

Pros

Ease of use...
Online capability...
Free Digital Scale (to weigh your packages and pay accurate postage)...
Print your stamps directly from your desktop computer...
Schedule a pick up or just "drop off" at the post office...

Cons

Make sure your cost basis for using this system includes the monthly fees. When we started, we were actually losing money each month (until our postage expenses rose to meet this need).

Be sure to order your replacement stamp sheets well in advance. There is nothing like running out of stamps to print and having to to the post office, only to come back and find your replacement stamps delivered later that day...

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Great for a simple shipping solution.

Pros

The ease of signing up and immediately starting to print postage is nice. You can sign up in about a minute. When you sign up, initially for a trial, you receive some sign-up benefits like in free postage and others. Most of the benefits, however, are fairly useless. If you connect an e-commerce account, it can import all of your orders. This is extremely useful to quickly print postage and it will automatically upload the tracking information to your e-commerce account so you don't have to later.

Cons

The monthly fee and difficulty in canceling are the two biggest downsides. It is not too expensive, but you can find other cheaper options if your shipments per month are on the very low end. Another downside is that it logs you out fairly frequently and then takes a while to load each page even when you're logged in (I have a fast internet connection and computer, so I know it's not me). Last downside is if for some reason you damage the shipping label you just printed and have navigated away from that page, there is no way to reprint the label. You have to void that one and print a new one. A refund for the first label won't be given for two weeks at the earliest. This is highly annoying.

Crystal P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

If you don't have Stamps.com yet, get it!

Saves me time not having to wait at the post office. We use on a daily basis, stamps every day. Maybe, once in 2 to 3 months do we have a user/printer error issue with the printing. Over all, I love it!!

Pros

The Pros of Stamps.com are that you don't have to go to the post office and buy a roll of stamps. You can just put the envelope or stickers in your printer and print them. You get a discount on the cost of the stamp. You can order supplies on line if needed, we just use envelopes and from time to time the stickers for larger envelopes. Customer service has been great!

Cons

The Cons of Stamps.com are if your printer eats your envelope....sometime, you can not hit the reprint button and you have to call it in or send in a form. Doesn't happen that often, and when it does, I call in and they credit my account right away.

Nathan H.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Time and Money Saving Software!

Saves time at the post office, and you get a discounted rate on the labels versus paying at the post office.

Pros

Easy to use software. Saves a lot of time at the post office being able to simply drop all the packages off without needing to stand in line to get them weighed. You get a discount on the shipping label prices too!

We sell primarily on ebay, and they have their own label system. However, Stamps.com works a lot better printing international labels with our Dymo LabelWriter. It also gives you the additional option of printing labels for an untracked flat or printing stamps. It has been great from Day 1, and I have no plans to stop using it.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about this software. We use it on a daily to almost daily basis, and it has been a real time saver.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Why Stamps.com?

See above. Don’t waste your money. You don’t get anything extra here that you can’t get from a free shipping software (in my experience).

Pros

Why indeed. My answer is there is no reason. I used Stamps.com for over a year and called it quits a few months back. Why you ask? Well, several reasons. 1) You have to pay whether you ship anything or not. Some months my sales are slower for than others and I cannot predict that in advance. 2) The site went down and I couldn’t ship for several days. I was forced to find a new shipping program. Customer service took 2 weeks to get back to me and guess what? I had to pay for those 2 weeks of wasted time. 3) As mentioned above. Bad customer service. Let’s be frank, you pay them $20 a month for no reason. Try a free shipping app. You’ll thank me later.

Cons

The price was definitely too much. The software was overly complicated and I had several errors and couldn’t even log in to my account.

Shippo

Reasons for Switching to Stamps.com

I didn’t. I recommend goshippo.com or vipparcel.com.

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Fantastic. The Best I've Been Able to Find.

I've been using them for my eBay/Amazon stores for years now. I started with their free 5lb scale they offered to sign up, and have since progressed to my own larger scale and am still using Stamps.com daily for all of my shipments.

Pros

If you have an eBay or Amazon store, you will have access to better and cheaper shipping rates with this platform. The difference between retail rates and the commercial rates offered through this service is huge. Plus, it is very cross-compatible, so you can use Stamps.com in conjunction with another shipping platform to purchase shipping through Stamps.com and then print batches of labels through the other program.

Cons

I don't have much to say in the way of negative comments. They are the first commercial shipping provider I tried outside of standard retail rates, and I have yet to find a competitor that offers a better service for a better value. This is the best I've been able to find thus far, that's all there is to it.

Jorge A.

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Easy to use, very straight foward

I love stamps.com, it made it so easy to determine which was the cheapest and easiest way to send out my packages. Being able to choose the exact amount of postage made sure that didn't spend more than what I needed to on postage. The website was very simple to understand, I would defiantly recommend and reuse the website.

Pros

-The website is easy to use
-Lets you buy the right amount of postage you need
-Description of the of the different service type helps you determine exactly what method is most cost effective and fits you exact needs.
-Great for any size business looking to send out mail or packages.
-Made shipping my eBay orders a breeze.
-They give you a free digital scale to weigh your packages

Cons

Would be nice if the would consider selling thermal labels and printers to peel and stick them on packages.

Connie C.

Reviewed on 12/05/2018

Great

I only mail first class letters or print labels on a form 3100 label. I do not need any of the other services. I don't mail packages or boxes.

Pros

Don't need to physically go to the post office to buy stamps. Convenient.

Cons

Cannot list ship to addresses alphabetically, or have not figured it out. Especially if there are more than 1 line for company name, and next line before the street address. Like I have multiple addresses for Internal Revenue Service, 2nd line may be Dept. of the Treasury and then sometimes I don't need that line. Or I have several different addresses for PA Dept. of Revenue, but they are not all together. I have to look through the whole database on which one I want to use.