About Plutio

Plutio is a business management solution designed to help small businesses handle projects, create proposals and process invoices on a unified platform. With the time tracking module, employees can manually or automatically log...

4.7

Browse Plutio Reviews

John W.

Reviewed on 6/04/2022

Its getting me better organized

We took a gamble on this product through an AppSumo lifetime deal. The begining was rough but the developers listened to the customers and constantly improved the product. Today it is a very important part of our infrastructure.

Pros

We like the time tracking and billing feature of the product. We have increased our monthly billables by 20% by simply using this software to more accurately track our time.

Cons

Sometimes a specific setting or control is buried on another screen which makes us have to stop the task we are working on to go make a global change.

Nathan V.

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Plutio is the best project management software (and more) for me

I just don't know where to start and how to not be too enthousiastic to prevent others from being disappointed. Plutio works perfectly for me due to its intuitive user interface, customisability and completeness. I'm sold people, I'm sold.

Pros

I tried Asana, Trello and all, but they just don't work for my neurodiverse brain. So I turned to Freedcamp, which really worked well, until I got my hands on Plutio. The ease of use makes me actually WANT to work with/in Plutio, where the other tools were just tools. Plutio becomes my workspace, which really makes it work.

Plutio is intuitive, flexible, customisable and very complete, as you have project management, CRM, calendar finance, (internal) communication, proposals, invoicing and even more in one platform. You can add as many clients as you like and even host it as a subdomain of your own website. This makes it professional towards your clients, also because you can use your own colour schemes.

And from what I know, there will be more development, improvements and integrations, so it's going to be even better than it is already.

Cons

So far, I have only experienced problems with my time registration, where I can't find how to edit the time. And it would be even more awesome if I could actually integrate my email, so I can work straight from Plutio and from Plutio alone (other niche specific tools and our website excluded of course).

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 3/09/2019

Focused on new features that sound cool while 3yr old UX issues remain unaddressed

Pros

Look and feel are fairly nice. Visually, Plutio is pretty great.

Cons

UX issues are never addressed. Bugs last for years. Meanwhile, they've developed live chat and fancy rich text editors that don't address Plutio's core functionality issues.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Plutio

Because I (thought) I got a great lifetime deal on the app.

Top Plutio Alternatives

Anthony D.

Reviewed on 3/03/2022

Great Tool For Freelancer's And Businesses Alike

Overall Plutio is an amazing tool and I'm blown away by all it can do! The white label features are great to have as well.

Pros

The billing and invoicing features of Plutio are very good! I love that I can send a proposal, the client can sign it digitally and it will automatically generate an invoice after they agree.

Cons

There's not much I dislike about the tool. The lead management features can be lacking at times, but there are templates that you can download to help solve this problem.

Jeff W.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Finally software that works with me.

It has been a dream to use since first starting with it. We have been using 4 other products one after the other for the last year or so and they all had flaws, some more than others. Everything just works out of the box as they say and it is so easy, I have not looked anything up yet and will look into this when I have setup all our current projects.

Pros

Setting up and managing projects is so easy, fits most industries due to its fluid design for projects. The cost is attractive when you take into account the amount of time saved for team projects. Being able to set permissions on different roles and create new ones is also a bonus.
You can make the client as transparent to the project as you like with the use of the same permissions or even create different client types depending on what they need access to.
File uploads work perfectly which is a welcome change.

Cons

Would like to see the accounting features expanded, but not important to key features nor for software of this sort.

Robert D.

Reviewed on 24/03/2022

The best Project Manager All-in-One period!

I not only love their software but the team behind it, owner and team are very responsive on the FB group.

Pros

I love that I can run most of my project management and administrative tasks in one software. I love that they don't charge per user but affordable plans.

Cons

Although they release constant improvements they should add ACH as a payment provider, this is a big feature we need.

Marisa T.

Reviewed on 4/04/2022

You get what you pay for

You can find a better value on the market for this price.

Pros

Interactive interface.
Easy to understand the functions.
Project management.

Cons

A bit expensive for project management.
Sporadic updates.
No integrated email inbox.
Only 7 days trial.

ClickFunnels and HubSpot CRM

Price
Jaydip P.

Reviewed on 24/03/2022

Good for part time track for company

Its quite good

Pros

It's good compare to other tools like provide more facilities to track time and add task

Cons

price is so high so all can not afford it

Himanshu M.

Reviewed on 4/04/2022

Plutio is Best for those who want to start their business with less amount of investment

Pros

We can track time and money calculated accordingly and can get a review.

Cons

In pluto, we can modify time as per our convenience.. and that is worst for owners,

Himanshu V.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 3/04/2022

For Startup who Just Got in to Market should Use this Software..

We started using Plutio in the beginning but it can be hacked easily by my employee and they can change their track time to anything they want..

Pros

It's easy to understand and implement in any small level ferms.

Cons

When you want more from this. It lake of some functionality which is not good.

Mubashar A.

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Amazing Product With Lots of Features

I am on a lifetime subscription to Plutio and was actively searching for a product to manage my business processes. I have many but locked in 2 products, Flowlu and Plutio because I was offered a Lifetime deal and good community feedback.

I still use Trello as it is super simple and amazing. Maybe I will be completely on Plutio or using Trello in the future, that's to be decided.

Pros

It has not so long learning curve. There are sufficient resources and small video guides to help you get started.

What I love the most is simple, clean but powerful UI. That is the sole reason to adopt it over Flowlu, which is another gem to manage your businesses.

Project Management module along with workspaces. Very powerful with customization features. Easy to use, re-usable templates with a library by community

I can invite unlimited clients, bill them for recurring invoices and subscriptions. Integrate my PayPal, Square, and Stripe within my invoices. It has also a good CRM module (No E-Mail Inbox, but scheduled to be launched)

I can connect with thousands of apps via Zapier, Pabbly, Integromat, and Integrately. I can create tasks, projects, invoices, etc based on triggers like when some new task is added, the new form submitted, a new project created, etc. They are so helpful to save a lot of time.

There are many other features like a design editor for proposals and invoices with re-usable blocks & forms and surveys to collect responses.

Apps are available for Android, iOS, Mac and Windows.

Cons

No integrated E-mail inbox. Competitors like Flowlu have this. Though it is in their roadmap to be launched at the end of 2021.

Just like every business, you need to understand it. You need to learn Plutio and it will take some time.

You need to pay $30/month, which I think is a little expensive to have all the features which I described above.

White label feature available as an add-on, not within the plan.

You can't decide within 7 days trial whether it is for your business or not. At least you need to spend some precious hours to put some data and understand all the basic functions essential for your business needs.

No native integration with bookkeeping software like Quickbooks or Xero.

Alfredo J.

Reviewed on 22/08/2021

Simple but complete portal for your project collaborators and clients

Right now I’ve been using it with my collaborators with no issues to test things out before inviting clients. I’ve been sending proposals to clients and it has helped close deals.

Pros

I‘ve been able to unify different sales tools to handle tue process of capturing prospects info, creating proposals for them and then creating all the project management boards for follow up. Having used more advanced and powerful software such as clickup, I can see the value in providing a more simple portal for clients and collaborators. There is a lot of features still pending, but the team seems responsive and keeps working to make a better platform. Integrations through their api, zapier and integromat can fill the gaps on functionality.

Cons

My main issues with Plutio are incomplete/incorrect Spanish translations, certain bugs that require workarounds or reloading the page, and mainly a lack of native import functions. The last one can be worked around using zapier/integromat but it still requires you to set things up or pay for these extra services depending on how many records you will be working.

Agiled

Reasons for Choosing Plutio

I needed a turnkey solutions to manage coming projects for my growing business. SuiteCRM is great for client communication but would require more customization for collaborative project management, aside the extra admin work for keeping with updates and such.

SuiteCRM

Reasons for Switching to Plutio

The proposal module was better and I like how all the modules work well together.
Kim H.

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

Excellent business management software

I started as a one-woman operation and have tried more than 50 apps. I've used multiple tools to patch together solutions for all of my needs. Plutio has allowed me to bring everything related to running my business into one platform, and has made it easy to grow and scale as I have added team members. They're actually EXCITED to use it.

Pros

Plutio's interface is clean and easy to navigate without being flashy or cumbersome. It's easy to create custom views or set your filters and preferences to make it work however you like. I LOVE having everything in one spot, so it's easy to manage my customer lifecycle. I can send a proposal, get a signed contract, set up payment, send forms, and do everything in one place to manage by business and my team. The development team is highly engaged, looking for user feedback and improving the product.

Cons

Features are solid. The few things that aren't already present are on the roadmap. Sometimes support requests are answered quickly - within an hour or so, but sometimes it could be days. As Plutio grows, I hope to see additional support.

Reviewed on 9/05/2021

Manage most of your business operations in one tool

Having been an early adopter of Plutio, we've seen the product make massive strides forward. In terms of competitors for an all-in-one Business Ops tool, Plutio is well worth your attention. New features get added regularly, and the development team are very actively engaged with their community.

Pros

Plutio is like a Swiss-army knife for your business. If you are a solopreneur or a small team, Plutio offers invoicing, recurring billing, project management, time tracking, customer relationship management, and more. While some of these functions are currently basic, Plutio continues to update their features and clear long-standing bugs. For the price, you should really give it a try.

Cons

The mobile experience is still in beta, and needs much improvement. If you are going to use Plutio, prepare to use it with your web browser. The CRM feature is very basic, and requires use to use a third-party CRM. Hopefully this will be rectified in the future as we enjoy the single interface approach to streamline operations. Additionally, we look forward to Quickbooks integration for accounting.

Reasons for Switching to Plutio

Plutio provides more all-around features, however Asana is more mature and is also used by our business.
Michael B.

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Yes, you should get it.

Here is an honest review of Plutio. I have been a user of Plutio for my business since December 23, 2017. I run a marketing company, and I always struggled to find a system that worked well for my business. Once I found Plutio, it was in its just-released stage of life, and as you can imagine, there were a few things that didn’t work the way you would think it might. However, this is the actual review; when you have an issue or are faced with a problem in the system, the team that works for Plutio will bend over backward for you to help make it right. In my experience with many companies over the years, there are good and bad. I know that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his fantastic team at Plutio are there when I need them. The customer service is better than 95% of the other companies I have worked with in the past. The system is always improving; they are not the type that builds something and works to fix it regularly while taking your money NO! They release updates and new features all the time.

In summary, if you are trying to find that one great system to help you manage your business, QUIT looking at reviews. You found it! You would have to be an idiot not to use this team. They are absolutely the best in the market and great people to boot.

In your service,
Michael Bridges
CEO
Digital Venture LLC.
Digitalventuredesign.com

Pros

Dependability
Easy to Use
Integrations
Automation

Cons

There is really nothing that I do not like about this product.

Mike B.

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

This porage is just right ... the perfect tool for me

My issue was finding a PM Tool that was just right-sized for what I needed. Many of the tools out there were too complex (or too pricey) for my needs. OR they just didn't work well visual. I needed a way to quickly create tasks, mark certain ones urgent, track time (in multiple ways), and group tasks on a board by project. I also needed a way to quickly see how much time I spent on a project. I will be implementing the proposals soon as well. Plutio also has invoicing, and more. I could go on, but I won't. I love PLUTIO!

Pros

Remember Goldilocks and the 3 bears? She tried all the other bowls of porridge One was too cold, the other was too hot ... then found the one that was just right! I've tried several PM/CRM tools out there and some were bloated, too complex and others didn't have enough features. Plutio is JUST RIGHT! It is by far the best Project management tool (& mini CRM) out there for small agencies or solopreneurs. They have great support, listen to your input, and are always improving it. Thank you Leo & Plutio team.

Cons

Any features that I could want are on their develop road map. There is no doubt that we have stuff we would like to see (like being able to run reports), but they are either working on it, or create an zap or API that allows you to connect it to other tools out there.

Barry T.

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

Support Doesn't Always Need A Truss Just a Great Owner

The other day I tried to be clever and change my url login from my name to the one of the business whilst also changing the login email too. You guessed it. I made a mess and I couldn't login anymore. Trying to reset the password didn't recognise the old or the new email and I didn't appear that the url had changed either. So this was one big mess on top of multiple others. We do Wordpress support and maintenance so I'm not an amateur on this.

Anyway to cut to the quick Leo (The Boss) got onto it and worried the issue to death over the week. He had to do a search of the database to find that I had mistyped my login email address meaning I couldn't reset the password. It didn't help either that I had setup a trial site as well. Today I am back in and WHY? Because Leo (The Boss) is a STAR and he, well, just cares. Thank you Leo...and...

I have been a customer of Plutio since 2017. Why? Because I loved the way they GET what the Freelancer really needs to run their business. They listen and since late 2017 the product has only got better and better.

I have used Basecamp 2 and still use Basecamp 3 for legacy clients but they are not a patch on the flexibility and usability that Plutio delivers. First time using Support and loved the process too.

Why not try the 14 day trial it will revolutionise the way you handle your clients forever. Cheers Barry Tolson

Kelly W.

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

All-in-one solution for every small business owner

Before using Plutio I used one app for time tracking, another one for invoicing, another one for task management, another one for messaging and I was still looking for a good option for proposals. That’s five different apps I was using just to do the admin for my one-person business!

When I found Plutio, I thought it sounded like a great all-in-one solution and it most definitely is. I can do all of those tasks in the one app and more. Plus everything looks more professional and I save time creating receipts as well. Soon the team will be adding in form capabilities which will mean I’ll also be able to do onboarding questionnaires through Plutio instead of just with a Word document. I’m super excited about that one.

Plutio is a really new solution so there have been sone teething issues along the way but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team have been super responsive and are always quick to fix any bugs or explain anything I’m not sure about. And they’re constantly improving the product so it just keeps getting more useful.

I would recommend Plutio to any sole trader and small business owner. It solves so many problems and is good value to boot.

Pros

- replaces a whole bunch of apps so all admin can be done in one program
- outputs generally look professional
- regular improvements

Cons

- fairly frequent bugs (but they’re quickly fixed)
- I want to be able to customise a few things that are fixed at the moment
- constant improvements mean some things change regularly and I have to spend time updating my processes as a result and often there’s no warning of the change so I have to make updates on the fly

Matthew J.

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

My one-stop shop for project management

It has been phenomenal. It's my go-to project management tool (and I've tried many) and I absolutely love it and can rely on it to deliver for me.

Pros

- Payments/Proposals/Invoicing, the fact that I can run projects for clients and then send them beautifully generated invoices with tasks, rates, etc. is such a killer set of features

- the UI and UX, everything is well placed, makes sense AND looks good. There is little to no learning curve, simply dive into it, configure it how you want and be on your way.

- the features behind tasks and how powerful they are, there's a lot of oomph behind how you can create tasks with custom field and a variety of other features which allow you to get extremely granular if you want

Cons

- the calendar syncing, on many occasions the events and tasks would duplicate in my Google Calendar and create a headache for me whenever I tried to look at my personal calendar with my task/work calendar. I reached out to support about this and didn't really receive a clear fix on the issue

- which brings me to my second con, which is the support. While it is there, it's not as readily available as I would like and most of the time the response are very minimal when you would like a more complex answer, but I think that comes down to the size of the team.

Yann I.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

The "Swiss army knife" for online business owners

Plutio has probably been the tool I use the most for my business. It's incredible how much it can do! Using one tool instead of 5-6 is a lifesaver both in terms of winning some time back (because you don't have to switch from tool A to tool B all the time) and saving some $ on subscriptions.

Pros

When I came across Plutio, it claimed to be the one (and only) platform/tool one could use to run his/her business.

I have to say that, for what I've seen so far, Plutio really delivers on the claim!

I'm a big fan of this "centralized hub" aspect, the ability to manage different parts of your business with one tool (which, thanks to the mobile app, you could leverage even with nothing but your smartphone).

Cons

The inability to easily change the view of a project board (this is a feature available in other project management tools)

Jeff B.

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Best Project Management Tool By Far

Plutio has been an amazing, life-altering experience for the better. I was lucky to be in the market for something when Teamwork kicked me to the curb, and this has fit the bill beyond my wildest dreams.

Pros

Plutio keeps me organized without relying on email to manage tasks and collaborate with my customers. I'm able to keep projects separate and assign permissions on a project by project basis. I have always hated the way I had to search for tasks in my emails, that's archaic. Now I never lose tasks and get reminders by email and iphone app. I love the push notification I receive to my iphone watch when somebody on my team updates a project,

Cons

It's hard to find a con with this, but if there was one concise place where I could find 2 min tutorials on all the functions I'm not using that would be great. But I also understand that with the rate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Plutio keeps pushing out new updates, that would be difficult.

Joshua W.

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Great Value for the Money

The product is awesome, but it is a newer product that comes with the struggles related to that. Rep and the team are amazing at getting things rolled out quickly but expect some small headaches, especially with newer features.

Pros

This software is being built with a certain customer in mind and the features that are being added are continually making it a better purchase. Their Project Management features are GREAT and are the bedrock of the software for me.

Cons

For certain pieces of the software (Invoicing and Time Sheets) there are small issues that do not allow me to use them currently. Invoicing was not reliable when using it for recurring payments. Time sheets are missing some features that I would need to use them. Mostly the ability for the Admin to edit, add, or remove time entries of employees.

Teamwork and Basecamp

Ryan J.

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Feature Loaded App with Incredible Support to Back it Up!

Pros

Over the years, I have used and tested out various project management tools but had trouble getting my team to actual adopt and use the system, until we found Plutio. It has nearly every feature we need and lots more we have yet to even tap into. Features and functionality aside, the support provided by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the Plutio team is truly unmatched. You’d be crazy to not use Plutio to manage your agency.

Cons

lack of a password management tool built in.

Nifty

Freedcamp
Luciano Z.

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

The missing control point

Although I've only been using Plutio for a few days, it's been enough for me to get hooked and enjoy spending more time creating quotes, contracts, and invoices to clients. The ability to create and manage projects and link all the various information together is really invaluable.
I would have liked different pricing to be able to white-label the communications sent to the client (quotes, contracts, invoices, etc.).

Pros

The extreme integration between data and information is wonderful. It makes everything simpler, more organized and uncluttered so you can be the single point of reference for the entire customer lifecycle.
The possibility to create Wikis for the delivery phase to the customer, to keep track in time sheets of the amount of work for each project, to create online forms, to have contracts signed and to be able to receive payments directly ... make Plutio for me a control center without equal.

Cons

There are a few steps that, especially at first, might be unclear... like creating templates to use within estimates and invoices. It takes a minimum investment in terms of time to better understand how the software works, but I think it's necessary in the face of such an extensive tool.
The cost of the add-on for white-label (a feature not to be underestimated since quotes and invoices will be sent from the email address [email protected]) could be thought of as a one-off cost or at least cheaper for those who already pay for the service.

Jennyfer S.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 25/07/2020

The professional look I've been looking for my business in a VERY long time

I'm able to stay focused on project management and not having to login to email/ticketing system, to live chat, to project management, to invoicing system. Everything is in one cute little place.

Pros

I'm in love w. this app, there's a few shortcomings that tech support is PROACTIVELY working with me but I have to say, the fact that I can send contracts from the same place where I can have unlimited customers, and up to 30 freaking team members, IS AWESOME! We are even communicating via chats, AND there's even a livechat I can add to my site, process payments as well... Plutio is just the one software I've been looking for the past 15 years.

Cons

It can take some time to set up because it is 100% brandable - especially if you get the white label add-on- and there's some DNS management needed for that to work.

There's no easy integrations like integrations with Zapier

There's no bookkeeping capability or integration. Like Plutio would be truly complete if at the very least it could be integrated with Freshbooks, Quickbooks, or Xero

HoneyBook

Reasons for Choosing Plutio

Pricing was one major factor and then when I signed in I saw all the great potential this software has

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Plutio

I tried Dubsado in the past and I do recommended to some of my clients but the project management capabilities to me were a little confusing.