PayPal Reviews

4.7

4.7

About PayPal

PayPal is a digital payment platform that enables businesses and individuals to pay and accept payments through an online portal without revealing any financial details. The solution is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PayP...

Browse PayPal Reviews

25,028 of 25,028 reviews
Jake
Jake

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

A User-Friendly Invoicing System and Accounting System

Great so far. I don't see us switching to any other invoicing platform anytime soon.

Pros

The thing that led us over to PayPal was how easily integrated it was with other platforms as well as how familiar everyone already is with it. The pricing is competitive per transaction and it easily allows for international invoicing and payment. It also made it really easy for our accountant to understand the layout of it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like at first was that I typically associate PayPal with a cash app between non-professional relationships. After seeing their invoicing system, I was immediately impressed.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

We made the switch because more people were familiar with PayPal and it made sense to do so. Plus, we weren't sure how simple it was to invoice and collect payment from international clients. With PayPal, we knew how easy it would be.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

It came down to pricing and functionality. PayPal offered the same features without the monthly fees.
Suzan
Suzan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 4/06/2019

Paypal Business Review

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

Pros

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

Cons

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Invoice Simple and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.
marc
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

20 year old business account restricted for no reason, holding money for 21 days!

They where great unit 18 months ago and out of no where they started holding my money for 21 days. Over the last 18 months they continue to reduce my monthly sales allowance before they start holding for 21 days. Great way for them to make more money off the back of me by drawing interest on my money. As a small business owner we have to work hard for our money and for Paypal to hold it for 21 days after 18 years is a slap in the face! You do not have to use them, there are many other ways to get paid and your customers do not have a problem with you not accepting Paypal.

Pros

They used to be great but not anymore, they simply do not care about there customers!

Cons

customer service is horrible! No one can answer why my account was suddenly restricted after 18 years.

Top PayPal Alternatives

Rosalinda
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Fastest and most secure online payment

After using it for a few years, I haven't had any issues with online payments until now. Because it's quick and safe, it's a wonderful option for online payment.

Pros

Transferring funds to other e-wallets is simple, fast and safe.

Cons

Their processing fees are exorbitant when transferring payments, and their customer service is really poor; thus, they need to improve for their users.

Martin
Martin
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Probably the de facto payment system of most small businesses

My overall experience with PayPal is extremely positive. So far I've had no problems using PayPal as one of my payment providers

Pros

The huge range of features available for business owners. Customised invoices and receipts; fast payments; fraud detection.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming the first time setting up PayPal for a small business. Not knowing which is the best option to go for and how to set it up initially can take longer than you might expect from the adverts.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The fees Stripe charge, combined with the convoluted dispute process when settling a chargeback make using it unaffordable to a small business.
Micah
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Paypal is horrible

Very horrible and theyre the worst pay company ive ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Their ceo is a fake and liar too.

Pros

I like that they atleast guve you screenshot able evidence so later i have the proof on court even if they delete the account.

Cons

They steal money and hold business funds under the guise of security but allow money laundering by other means for non-vetted accounts while they punish the business ones.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

PayPal a secure and fast way to do all your online purchases.

Positive for the most part, since PayPal is known for its secure way of making purchase online.

Pros

Secure, fast and easy way to perform online purchases across so many online sites and vendors, for your business and personal needs

Cons

The lack of more customer support is missed, emailing support is not the best way to resolve transactional issues, where is much faster to speak to someone to resolve issues over the phone, then it is when you have to wait for an email reply from support.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

No extra devices needed to use, other then a computer to place transactions.
Yelle
Yelle
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 9/08/2023

Useful but undifferentiated

Overall I feel safe storing my info with PayPal and I trust them since they've been around for a while.

Pros

It's easy to pay and get paid with PayPal. I most like being able to store my information like my address and credit card for easy checkout from an online shop. I also like that I can pay someone's invoice by logging into PayPal.

Cons

PayPal used to be the only way to safely store your credit card and address online. These days there are so many other options like Google and Apple saving everything on your devices. I am trying to think about why I ever do use PayPal which leads me to think about whether it needs to differentiate itself in some way.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

My company used to have it as an option where a client could pay us with PayPal but we removed this option so that we could have more of a streamlined experience with Stripe integrating with our Dubsado CRM.
REYNALYN
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

My experience with PayPal

My best option when it comes to international payments because of its availability.

Pros

User-friendly features and straight to the point.

Cons

The fees when it comes to conversion to my local currency are a bit expensive. But overall, it's a good app.

KAREN YULIETH
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 9/02/2024

Easy payments

Exceptional, wonderful, very easy to use and very safe

Pros

It is a platform that makes it easy for users to receive their payments in a safe and friendly manner without having to go anywhere other than their PC or mobile phone.

Cons

Customer service should be more immediate

Jayson
Jayson
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments
or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

Pros

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Venmo

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app
Sal
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

The original and the essential.

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice.

PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Paypal the good and the bad

Overall, paypal is a good service, there are flaws of course but it does what it needs to. I've had clients have horrible experiences with them (held money and such), but I've got some clients that love them, I use them myself as well as they are convenient. My suggestion to most clients is to not allow a large amount of money to remain in the account at any given time, manually transfer to bank regularly or utilize the debit card to withdraw cash....but the service is reliable, easy to setup and use.

Pros

Paypal is very quick and easy to get set up and ready to accept payments, I think that's often the biggest draw to Paypal. Sending money to someone is easy and fast as well. There are multiple integration options to utilize Paypal to accept payments on your website, so you'll definitely find the right solution for you. The Paypal debit card is convenient as its much faster than transferring to your bank. Most of the time, the service works very well...but when you do have an issue, customer service is not great.

Cons

Unlike all other credit card processors, Paypal holds your money until you manually transfer it, this means if Paypal feels you have violated their terms of service, they can and will put a hold on your money. And the money held by them is not FDIC insured as it would be in a bank. Transferring money to your bank is slowwwww...but of course transfer from your bank is instantaneous. The fees are higher than a traditional merchant account/online processor scenario, but there's no setup fees and as stated above, it's very easy and quick to get setup and started right away. It's nearly impossible to find a phone number to customer service...and they aren't always very helpful.

Humberto
Humberto
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 12/05/2019

PayPal Excellent Method to Receive Payments

Since I started my freelancer career 4 years ago I used PayPal to receive payments from my clients. I have never had problems receiving payments and everyone accepts this platform to make them. Currently there are many methods that can be much better, these can be cryptocurrencies or other methods such as Uphoald, Payeer or Skrill. However, if you are starting to receive multiple payments PayPal is the best option, since the registration is free, the verification of your account is quite simple and the limitations are practically nil.

Pros

PayPal is a payment platform that is easy to install and use
Your customers are probably already familiar with PayPal
You do not need a merchant account
You can receive payments from any client. They do not need to have a PayPal account
You can create very elegant and personalized payment formats
PayPal charges are lower than some merchant accounts
You can configure recurring payments (if you need it)
PayPal can be easily integrated into any shopping cart system
It is a platform that offers secure transactions for both sellers and buyers
Payments are fast, safe and convenient
You have the possibility to request a refund, after having transferred to another account (2 times I have done it successfully, your response is very fast, timely and efficient)

Cons

Regarding digital products, they are not covered by seller protection policies
The rates for Chargebacks can be very high
Although it has not happened to me personally, I know cases of users who have had their account suspended. Your funds have been frozen for months
Although it is a platform received in many payment systems, there is a large number of people who refuse to use PayPal. This can be limiting when doing business with these clients
Personally, I consider it a limitation that you can not transfer money from PayPal to other systems such as Payoneer, Paytm, Payeer, etc.

Carissa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 9/06/2019

Very handy and safe

I've never had a problem with Paypal personally or professionally. As a non-profit CEO, I love that we can just put a button on a website or give out our accounting e-mail addy when people ask where to send donations and they can do it right away. It's an easy way to sell any products or do fundraising events and not have to manually keep track of each transaction because PayPal keeps track of it all in one spot! Once, there was a charge that I didn't authorize, and they responded immediately and took care of it. I feel really safe using it.

Pros

I feel safe using Paypal. It is so easy to transfer funds and also keep funds safe in a separate account besides banking or savings. The paypal credit is great for emergencies to not have to pay interest for 6 months, and the new paypal cash card is a great backup to access funds as needed from any ATM. I love that I have the option to transfer funds to other accounts, and have one resource I can use to pay with ANY of my accounts instead of having to type in numbers from so many different cards. The speed in which funds are transferred for free is very fast, but to also have the option to pay a small fee for a faster transfer is helpful in emergency situations especially. It is SO easy to use and funds are immediately available by simply typing in an e-mail addy or using a paypal.me link. It's a perfect one stop to combine so many accounts together, send and receive money, save money, pay securely online, and request money. I use it personally, as does my non-profit. It saves my non-profit a lot of money by not having to have a credit card machine we use through the bank! It encourages people to donate because it is instant (so they don't forget or change their minds later) and so easy by not having to write out a check or get a money order. I love being able to see my payments and what I have received from where all in one spot. The option to return funds, request funds, or pay others all in one spot is so fast and easy! I LOVE paypal!

Cons

Sometimes I have some navigational issues on the site, but I don't know why because I've used it for so long! Otherwise, I really can't think of anything about Paypal that I don't like.

Candace
Candace
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

12 years and still loving it!

I cannot say enough good about them. They have always been accurate, they have always backed me as a customer, they have always solved my issues while on the phone with me.. it has never taken more than one call to get answers. I have used them for 12 years and continue to love the ease of the sotware.

Pros

I have been using PayPal as my primary method of receiving payments from clients for 12 years. The ease of use is incredible. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't take long for the money to drop into my PayPal account once it has been sent. It is truly received within minutes! The other thing I love about it is when there is a problem, such as something I canceled still withdrawing money from the account, PayPal gives me the money back immediately and tells the person who did it to prove they were allowed to. Traditional banks go through an entire chargeback claim and it can take weeks. With PayPal it is while you are on the phone. They call it a provisional credit, while they investigate. They stand behind their customers!
I have also used their credit card collection machine. It is a small device that attaches to my phone when I want to take payments, such as for goods at a craft fair). People can use their payment account or use their PayPal debit card to pay. The transaction goes through smoothly and I am not beholden to credit card processing companies for crazy fees. Paypal is much much less expensive.

Cons

On very rare occasions it will go down. I think maybe 5 times in 12 years it has happened to me. When it happens money cannot drop in or be sent out, so you are stuck waiting till they fix the problem before you can conduct business. However, I have never known it to take more than a few minutes to get it done. It doesn't happen much now, but a few years ago it was something I did not like.
Also, the software is fee based, so there are charges for money coming in and money going out. That is no fun.

Ashkan
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 1/02/2020

Popular and Trustworthy

I have been using PayPal for the past year, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who needs to send or receive money or buy online. Compared to other platforms like Venmo or Cash App, PayPal has at least one advantage and that is popularity. That makes PayPal the most convenient money transferring app to use. Also, being a good app does not make you popular. The app should be perfect to become popular, and I think PayPal is very close to being perfect.

Pros

This is how I started using PayPal; I opened an account in a matter of seconds, added my debit cards from the banks I have account in and credit card info into my account, and now I don’t even use the physical cards anymore. I use PayPal for sending and receiving money and buying online. It is very convenient, and every online shopping website and merchant that I have used accepts paying with PayPal. My friends and I use PayPal to send money to each other every day. Recently PayPal has added a new handy feature called “money pool”. With this feature, you can gather money for a specific reason. I have used this feature many times. The first time I was in charge of throwing a birthday party for one of my friends. At first, it seemed like trouble knowing that I have to ask from everyone for their share of expenses. But then I found this feature in PayPal, I created a pool, and easily everyone paid their share. The money came right into my PayPal account in a matter of seconds, and thanks to PayPal the party was amazing. Another reason I love PayPal is that I can support my favorite charity in the app, which I find very convenient. Also, from time to time you can find great deals on online shopping websites if you pay through PayPal. I have used many of these deals and saved a lot of money by just using PayPal.

Cons

No matter how good PayPal is, there is still some space to improve. Sometimes transferring my balance to my bank account takes more than three business days, and it would be great if PayPal could improve the speed of the balance transferring process. Many of my friends prefer to use other apps just because of this and they need to transfer money instantly. Although there is an option for faster transfer, other apps can do it without charging for a fee. Also, it would be great if the customer could ask directly from PayPal for a refund, and not the merchant.

Brandy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 4/07/2020

No help

I don’t like or recommend PayPal I used to service and easiness to use the app has changed and it’s a pain for me everytime for almost everything. I am not the only one I have talked to with this complaint.

Pros

What I liked at first was the security and ability to link PayPal to your bank and other cards and financial institutions. It seems a lot of people and business use PayPal for financial services and individuals with small business it’s easy for them to receive payments invoices and pay suppliers

Cons

What I like least is the ability to solve problems and the customer service is hard to reach and not much help when you do. I can give a few examples one most recent and still dealing with an older lady friend of mine not real great with modern technology sold an item on Facebook, the buyer paid through PayPal. My friend sent the item with tracking and payment was received. Well first it too a long time for PayPal to release funds even though both parties were satisfied and stated that. My friend contacted customer support through messages (the only way currently) to find out why her payment was pending for so long. Understandably she had a new account and they wanted to verify all of her information which I was helping her with as far as ID and adding a card to her PayPal. Finally about 30 days later after the verification was up PayPal decided to refund the customers money and sent the $50 back to the purchaser without being asked to do so. When we reached out to PayPal she told that it was a user-friendly interface and that they don’t get involved in customer transactions that she needed to contact purchaser. We attempted but didn’t get response. PayPal in my opinion need to reimburse her 50$. They told her it was because she hadn’t accepted the payment to her bank in over 30 days. This is crap because for the first 30 days it was pending. PayPal has no right to do this and saying they don’t get involved is obviously a lie. That is just the most recent problem I have had.

Reviewed on 7/09/2020

Linked and Loaded

My overall experience with PayPal, for the last decade, is that they're a solid 8.5 company with a great cash card that's easy as pie for relatives and friends to load for you in a bind, lots of controlling your own spending features, and an easy safe way to checkout on 3rd party sites without further compromising your banking information. Their customer service personnel are helpful, polite, and patient...as long as you have the time to wait for the assistance. It's kept me loyal for almost 12 years, and there's not another rival on the market even close to handling purchases easily or securely, they just aren't the best as a stand alone banking source or to handle your linked accounts money. if you can maintain a PayPal balance that's really all you need to do to alleviate the frustration from the banking end

Pros

PayPal offers some of the most reliable ways to pay for online purchases third party, when I see the little PayPal symbol on any app or website that I'm trying to purchase a product off of, I almost always gravitate towards it because PayPal safely recalls all my banking or credit card details and saves me time digging out a card or tracking down my wallet spur of the moment. PayPal also has excellent protection policies in place for peer to peer transactions, ensuring I have somebody on my side if my peer to peer sale goes pitifully to poor. PayPal emails me receipts for each purchase, let's me toggle my card on and off at will, and if with my PayPal cash cars in hand, I can literally receive INSTANT funds sent from any family or friend with PayPal, including my sister in Germany. If only it money transfer from my linked bank account to my PayPal account were easier or faster, but this is their biggest downfall.

Cons

PayPal toots their "security" horn perhaps louder than any other feature, but with good reason--as in the decade I've been a loyal PayPal customer, I've only had one breach of privacy or security. This particular breach was a result of my own personal life and nothing at all to fault PayPal for, and they linked me up with their 3rd party online check cashing company immediately to help me resolve the issue. PayPal has a decent A.I. HelpBot and customer service is always 24 to 48 hours behind the Bot with customized solutions and help . Their system automatically notifies me via email when I have a message from customer service, too, which is especially helpful considering their app's chat feature is not especially designed for being used from smartphone. The chat portal, even via desktop, is rather cramped and clunky and if you navigate away from it in any way (like oh I don't know in case your phone rings) you lose your connection to the window. However, the alternative to using the online help center is to call in to their telephone support line and while the system allows you to put in your number to save your place in line for PayPal to call you back so you don't have to wait on hold, a very thoughtful allowance, there are definitely times where my wait for a call back has been over four hours, and if you miss the call for any reason, you are screwed and you have to start over at Square One...which couldn't be more frustrating.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Extremely Easy - Safe - The Future

I would 100% recommend everyone to use Paypal as I believe their system will be the future to payments, especially after the pandemic ends and people are conscious about physical money and cards. Their new QR code payment system may become the norm in the coming years, similar to how the app WeChat is used for most online and in-person purchases in China. There are very few negatives to using Paypal in my own experiences.

Pros

The user interface for Paypal is as simple as it gets. Instead of clicking on multiple tabs, everything a user needs to see is on the home page when they log in - send/request money buttons, recent transactions with users, account balance, Paypal credit balance (as well as available credit and minimum payment due date), and banks/cards that are connected.
The Paypal credit system is a huge plus - barring a credit limit, you can use Paypal Credit just like a credit card and pay off the credit over time (the first 6 months being interest free). This makes payments extremely easy if you have enough money to pay but are not comfortable completely paying everything at once.
Paypal is used on almost every online store which makes them extremely convenient to use compared to any other online payment system.
Another huge advantage to Paypal is the security - they will alert you immediately if there is suspicious activity and also have two factor authentication (which I think should be required if it isn't already).

Cons

In regards to livestreaming, some livestreamers had issues with people donating money to them, charging back the money to spite the streamer, and then Paypal would side with the people charging the money back. Streamers would then end up losing money since they had to pay fees on the chargebacks. As far as I know, this situation is better for streamers but I think Paypal should still listen to their consumers more about problems relating to this as it was an ongoing issue for a while.

Archna
Archna
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

PayPal is my only choice for international payments.

Pros

I like the popularity of PayPal and that it has a huge user base, so if the support team isn't helping on time we can still get help from the PayPal user community.
PayPal is the most secured global payments gateway and nothing unauthentic can happen with our funds. With years of experience with PayPal, I can say that the website of PayPal is very responsive and very well made that can never crash or cause issues because of its very good optimization.
The PayPal app for mobile devices is also very secure, has all the required features, runs very fast and has a great user friendly interface.
When I work as a freelancer for overseas clients, PayPal is my only choice to receive payments and because PayPal supports a lot of currencies, I can receive money in any currency and get it converted to my local currency.
PayPal can also be integrated with our organization's websites very easily with its API integration technology. Our organization also uses PayPal to pay for international shipments of goods and inventories for our organization.
I use PayPal to make payments for various international services, I can hide my payment info and card details from non-trusted merchants by paying through PayPal. Another best thing is that I get Buyer Protection, means PayPal will help me if my transaction goes wrong or if the service or item I received is damaged or not satisfactory to me.
There's a feature by which I can request money from anyone using their email ID linked with PayPal.

Cons

PayPal is best fitted for sending and receiving funds internationally, but is not as good for Domestic Payments because it is very less popular among local vendors and merchants in India. The currency conversion rate of PayPal is also very high and we have to face a huge loss when receiving money internationally. There's also a big problem with PayPal that is, it suspends our accounts temporarily if we use a new device to login or a new IP address and getting our account back to working takes really a lot of time. Their Support service is also very poor, most of the times they just copy paste solutions from their own FAQs and most of the solutions aren't even relevant to our queries. I wonder if they even read our queries properly.

Reviewed on 2/08/2021

PayPal delivers smooth payment processing to individuals and businesses

Overall, PayPal does make it easy for individuals and businesses to pay and get paid online. There are new ways introduced to quickly get paid, which is great. The user interface has been constantly improved, new features are rolled out in different phases with a lot of testing but there are also things that can be improved. I feel that there hasn't been enough innovation at PayPal. That combined with more strict policies and doubtful practices towards businesses in certain industries, make me feel like PayPal doesn't really care too much anymore about small players (small businesses and solo entrepreneurs). I hope that changes in the future, because once upon a time PayPal was a pioneer that helped pave the way for entrepreneurs to start doing more business online, worldwide.

Pros

I've been using PayPal for 15 years, both personally and through my business, and have been a happy customers for most of this time. The strength of PayPal is that it's very easy to send & accept payments once you got your account set up. Subscription management is easy, which was a plus for me as I sold a lot of subscription-based products and services. Overall it's a platform that is modern and solid. That's why it's trusted by so many consumers.

Cons

The platform itself is good. It's modern, secure and very solid, but in my opinion it's also missing some advanced features that new platforms have. There should be more innovation. A good example is that I think we should be able to accept multiple mobile payment solutions through PayPal as well as support for multiple cryptocurrencies. PayPal has some catching up to do if it wants to stay on top of the business. The support teams also should care more about working together with businesses, instead of sending canned responses and not being helpful.

chengetai
chengetai
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

Life saver of every freelancer.

Pros

Paypal is the most user friendly online payment platform which is also easy to join.It is a must have for every freelancer.One of the best features they have is the buyer/seller protection.They have saved me twice from a being swindled by two very big online shops.In one case I only submitted proof of the unauthorized debit that had been done on my account and they immediately refunded my money.On another case they facilitated a dispute resolution meeting between me and the seller through their platform, and we were able to reach a compromise for a delivery that had been cancelled.I was happy with outcome.Paypal is committed to excellence and will fight to even the smallest of their clients.Their customer care is also very responsive, they will even call you to respond to any of your enquiries.

Cons

They don't have a digital mastercard for every country like some of their competitors which can be very frustrating .They also have a few partnerships with local banks making it difficult sometimes to withdraw your money.In some countries Paypal doesn't work completely like Zimbabwe, India etc.In South Africa you can withdraw your paypal funds using one local bank only this can be very annoying when you don't have an account with that bank.

Beth
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Well, there's good and there's not so good

Pros

PayPayl's good features are that almost everybody uses it, it's fast, you get a credit card to access your money, there are a lot of apps and widgets to incorporate PayPal payments into your website if you're a retailer of any kind (I do use this in my art studio website). And it's one of Elon Musk's brain children, which generally is a great thing. I'm listing customer service as one of the cons, but I will say that the response time is fast, even if it's not what you want to hear. They don't bombard you with tons of emails. You have business and personal accounts to choose from and then can link your bank accounts to the card, so that if you're using it and it runs low, it will draw from your backup cards. Well, in theory - because I tried that the other day and it didn't work, which I'll mention in the cons as well. Yes, there are fees, but thankfully lower ones than for instance you'd see with a regular credit card. As a freelancer, it's a good method to use for transfer of payment for my services from different companies and individuals. Overall, I think it's OK, but there are some drawbacks I'll address below.

Cons

I mentioned customer service, yes, it is fast. But you don't always hear what you want to hear. For instance (and this may also be an eBay drawback) I purchased something from eBay that arrived completely unlike the description. Contacted the seller who agreed to take the item back and refund the money upon receipt. Even after I had tracking to show the item had been re-delivered to the seller, he did not refund my money. In contacting both eBay and PayPal I got the runaround and eventually no money was ever returned. Another time, GoDaddy charged my account for web services on a renewing bill that I was unaware was going to renew without my approval (because I had planned to move providers). I contacted PayPal and put in a request to review this transaction because it was not authorized by me, and they determined the charge was "just fine" and no funds were returned to me and I am now stuck with GoDaddy for another year. So that kind of makes my experience with PayPal a little bitter. Apparently anyone can just take money and they'll do nothing. I also mentioned that having a backup card matched to your PayPal card will pull money from the account if you use the PayPal card and don't have enough in your account to cover the costs. I had left my credit card in the back pocket of my jeans after putting gas in my car and was out and tried to use my PayPal card and it didn't go through, despite having linked my accounts to PayPal. So, another bitter experience. If you want to get your money any other way than through the card they provide, it takes time to transfer funds or get a check. Also you can only go back so far in time to review transactions on your card. I was recently trying to find an account history for 2014 and there does not appear to be a way to access that information. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe eBay and PayPal are severing their love connection at some point and PayPal may not be the golden child of payment methods anymore in the the not-too-distant future, which could potentially bump it from the top of the heap as the most frequently used payment service eventually.