About Inquisiq

Inquisiq is the LMS of choice for millions of users globally, who rely on us to help them deploy, manage, and track education programs to their employees, members, customers, partners and volunteers. With Inquisiq, you have...

Browse Inquisiq Reviews

Ann B. Ann B.

Reviewed on 1/12/2010

Great System, Great Support, Great Staff

In addition to the reasons listed above, we see an even greater value in the support we receive from the ICS team on a minutes notice. The team is responsive and willing to help our team work through alternatives for our LMS applications. We are so pleased with our service and the abilities the ICS Learning Group offers that we wouldnt consider going to another LMS provider especially since we see them as honest and dependable business partners. The team treats you more like a business partner than a customer.

Pros

The LMS is intuitive and not complicated. The system is consistently up which allows us and our customers to access courses and obtain tracking data easily. I love being able to login online to the Support Center and request assistance electronically. The ability to track training information and have access online is invaluable to our business and education customers.

For over a year we reviewed numerous Learning Management Systems and what we found was that the LMS offered by ICS Learning Group offered the most value, provided the simplest approach for launching our content online, and provided the most honest and upfront pricing of all of the LMS providers that we analyzed. Microburst Learning does not have to hire an entire IT department to manage our LMS and the delivery of our content, ICS includes that service as a part of our package.

Cons

Tends to be somewhat more complex regarding the reporting features than the EX version. However, the features far outweigh this complexity.

Sophie E. Sophie E.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Simple to get up and running, flexible and nice user interface

Great, simple, product and wonderful support team who cannot do enough to help when we log support tickets (rarely).

Pros

We looked at several L&D systems but Asentia seemed to offer everything we needed for our users with a nice and clean user interface. As an administrator I have full flexibility to upload courses, create custom reports, manage users, create alert templates and learning paths and have never needed any training help with this.

Cons

We are a UK client and some of the configuration is only in US format (dates for example in reports and dashboards).

Samantha W. Samantha W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 1/05/2017

We are approaching our year anniversary and overall, we're very happy with the product for the...

Pros

Asentia worked closely with us to set up our system to meet our specialized needs. We can customize features throughout the system and they are helping us plan for future needs.

Cons

We have had some technical issues that we were unable to solve on our side, but the Asentia team is always quick to respond and look into the matter.

Top Inquisiq Alternatives

Amie L. Amie L.

Flexible and Affordable E-Learning

This software has helped me take our construction company into the present. It has provided us a great way to deploy required training and track live training. I would strongly recommend this option for anyone who is looking for an affordable and flexible way to deploy training.

Pros

Flexibility in tracking and reporting. Ease of use for employees.

Cons

Some of the features are unusable for our company because of how they structured such as the leaderboard.

Shannon E. Shannon E.

Reviewed on 25/08/2017

Easy on boarding experience

Pros

Software is easy to use, comprehensive and customization. We are using it for internal corporate training for compliance and on going professional development. So far everything is working well for us. We went through an exhaustive search prior to making this decision.

Response from ICS Learning Group

Thanks - your comments are appreciated.

Replied 25/08/2017
Andy K. Andy K.

Reviewed on 15/12/2015

Great LMS

Our company, and myself as LMS administrator, have been using various iterations of ICS Learning Groups products for over 9 years now, most recently the hosted version of Inquisiq R4 since its release. We have never had a problem with it or suffered any outages. It is simple to use, has a very intuitive interface and makes the LMS management portion of my job a simple and painless process.

Their support is second to none, and I can count on getting questions answered or problems solved quickly and efficiently. I would immediately recommend Inquisiq R4 to anyone considering setting up an LMS in the hosted environment.

B.j. S. B.j. S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 22/07/2015

Big fan of Inquisiq!

Pros

I love the simplicity of Inquisiq, it is without a doubt one of my favorite LMS platforms. The user interface is intuitive and easy for new users to understand, so I never had to train them on how to use it. Inquisiq has all of the main features of all standard LMSs without the extra headaches or over-complications. Definitely check it out if you're looking for an easy-to-set-up LMS with great support. Another perk is that the cost was very reasonable compared to other LMSs on the market, which is fantastic. Highly recommended!

Cons

No complaints, the Inquisiq team always went above and beyond to help me out. They are patient and always provided rock solid support.

B.j. S. B.j. S.

Reviewed on 22/12/2010

Wonderful LMS, great value...

I highly recommend Inquisiq. Get a demo and discuss your needs with their team. I hope you're as pleased as I am!

Pros

Inquisiq is an excellent LMS, and it also happens to be super-reasonable when it comes to price. I always receive fantastic customer support from ICS, and I've become a raving fan based on my experience. Give them a shot - you won't be disappointed.

Cons

One of the cons may also be a pro: Inquisiq is a fairly simple LMS. There aren't any unnecessary features or functionality that many LMS companies try to jam into their product. Inquisiq manages training well, and it doesn't try to impersonate any other HR systems.

Nikki K. Nikki K.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Excellent LMS

Pros

The product is really user friendly, has a ton of adaptability and customer service has been great!

Cons

Sometimes have to dig for help answers.

Rob P. Rob P.

Reviewed on 29/04/2013

Inquisiq R3 Satisfied Customer

I have not hesitation in recommending Inquisiq R3 for someone who wants a pure LMS. Remember, though, that it is not a content development system and it doesn't pretend to be one.

Pros

I spent months looking at learning management systems in detail before I selected one. Inquisiq R3 proved to be versatile, highly customizable and easy to use. I am glad I got it. Customer support is great.

Cons

The user manuals are not as well organized as I would have liked, but customer support makes up for that.

Regina S. Regina S.

Reviewed on 6/03/2018

A reliable LMS with great features built by a compassionate team

We love Inquisiq and we love ICS Learning Group!

Pros

Inquisiq has allowed us to implement our learning structure, and it has offered several different ways to do so. There seems to be many different ways to set up the system to meet our needs. The interface is user-friendly and very attractive. We especially like the mobile responsiveness in the latest version of the software! The support team is fast and helpful in addressing any questions or concerns that we have. When we ask for new features in the LMS, they actually listen to us and pass the requests up to management, and we have even seen some of the things we have asked for implemented in the software!

Cons

The LMS's ability to cater to so many different scenarios and companies can sometimes be a drawback. The many different implementation paths that we could take to execute our goals can be intimidating. However, the support team is always extremely receptive to getting on the phone with us to discuss our options and help us form an implementation plan that works for us. The team's subject matter experts' deep understanding of the system helps us to narrow down options to help us set up our system in a way that best fits our needs.

Shawn C. Shawn C.

Reviewed on 25/11/2010

Exceptional LMS that keeps getting better

Despite some limitations, I am very pleased with our decision to work with ICS and their Inquisiq product. I estimate that had we chosen one of the big three hosted LMS vendors; we would have spent an additional $15000 since March 2010.

I am seeing constant improvements in the product and I am confident that which we consider shortcomings will be resolved in the near future.

Since there is absolutely no risk with upfront costs and contract obligations, I recommend Inquisiq for small to medium sized LMS needs and possibly even for any large size LMS requirements.

Pros

Other hosted LMS services require many $1000's, a commitment, and lengthy consulting before you are up and running. On the other hand, can be set up by you in a matter of hours for very little cost and no commitment.

The top pros are:
- No risks!! No contracts!
- Ease of setup and management
- Full access to graphics web margins that do not compromise our corporate branding (the others forced their own controls in the top margin)
- Highly competent support staff that ALWAYS replies quickly! Usually in less than 2 hours
- Full SCORM 2004 support (I have not encountered any issues)
- Possibly the highest value for your dollar in this hosted LMS market
- Option to purchase the LMS for self-hosting
- No significant downtime
- Batch new learner uploading is a huge time saver. I wrote an app to automatically convert our CRM output directly into Inquisiq readable format. I can now process over 100 learners in less than 1 minute!

Cons

- Reporting is fair (new reporting options are coming though).
- Email notifications are extensive but still missing some specific requirements (i.e. notify learners of pending account expiry x days before expiry, no html notifications - plain text only)
- Uploading SCORM lessons could be streamlined a bit more. e.g. Allow for direct SCORM course updating
- Manuals and other Inquisiq related training is either out of date and/or poorly documented, however, most of the system is highly intuitive!

Nice to have:
- Discussion groups tied to lessons
- Ability to change default customer facing icons
- Admin blog area

Mindy L. Mindy L.

Reviewed on 19/11/2010

Exceptional system with excellent value

Great investment and exceptional value. You won't be sorry and you don't need a big but not "user friendly" system like SumTotal - why spend that kind of money and it doesn't work as nicely? Try it, you'll love it!

Some companies will try and sell you on those big systems and several weeks deployment - that's crazy! You can deploy this with 1-2 employees for 10,000+ users in 2 weeks.

Pros

The system is extremely stable, easy to use and easy to upload SCORM files.
It does not take an ARMY to manage the system. You can manage the system with 1-2 empoyees for 10,000+ employees.
99.99% up time!
Instant Email Notification for System Events
Easy to use - some of our users are first-time computer users and they find their way the first time!
User friendly for administrators too.
Reporting is Robust - pull a report on any field or event in the system. Very easy to use.
Developers Listen and Incorporate Enhancements
Developers always pick up their phone! Everyone there knows what they are talking about and understands the system for the most part.

Cons

Updates are not scheduled regularly or well documented.
The only trackable online lessons are SCORM - unable to load and track PowerPoint (although there is the ablity to track classroom training and upload materials).
Unable to use the system to convert PowerPoint to SCORM.
System user guide needs additional documenting - the guide does not provide extensive details on how to use the system. It is basic but could be much better. We learned the system via testing, trial and error.

Joe R. Joe R.

Reviewed on 18/11/2010

Solving Customer Training Issues

We investigated 13 other LMS vendors before choosing InquisiqR3 - I have ZERO regrets about our decision.

This is a superior product, providing a great compromise of features and usability. A long list of features that you won't actually use will not help you to achieve the objectives of your programs. A system your team can use and will like working with is key to success in my experience.

This product recieves my highest personal recommendation.

Pros

eHealthSolutions has been quite pleased with our licensing of InquisiqR3. We needed to train several thousand customers in a very short period of time in order to support the federally mandated MDS 3.0 changes to our product. All users needed to be trained, assessed, and reported within a two week period before 10/1/2010. We accomplished this goal with relative ease hosting our training through InquisqR3.

I have extensive experience with learning management systems, having purchased them for both small and large companies. My present team, however, did not have much experience at all. They (and I) have been very pleased with the ease of use and level of functionality we get with InquisiqR3. Frankly many systems provide features that add complexity but relatively little value.

ICS Support has been fantastically responsive. They are friendly and knowledgable.

We use the hosted version of InquisqR3 and have had virtually no down time.

Cons

It would be super to have threaded discussion groups attached to courses - but there are ways to get around that.

Scott C. Scott C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Provided a cost effective way to provide easy access to training topics for staff and customers. Great customer support.

Pros

Very user friendly and flexible. Not over designed. Keeps thing simple and very affordable. Great value

Cons

Administration rights assignment is restrictive

Megan J. Megan J.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 4/09/2018

EdgePoint for Asentia

This is the third LMS I have to deal with in my career and it does seem the easiest to use. Other two were proprietary, poorly programmed disasters.

Pros

the layout, icons, visually organized well, easy to navigate

Cons

help site needs more content but i suspect that will happen over time

John D. John D.

Reviewed on 19/11/2010

EX user upgraded to R3 - Great interface and easy on end-users

The product is well designed and reliable. With the new features of R3 have come some challenges on the administrator side--could be the learning curve for us--but overall we are very satisfied with the R3 LMS product and with ICS Learning as a business partner.

Pros

Love the interface--simple and nice loooking. Ease of use is excellent for end users (five stars), but for administrators, R3 seems more complicated than previous version - Inquisiq EX (which is why we rated 4 stars). When we upgraded from EX to R3 and the upgrade implementation was very easy. Once we understood how the reporting works, we liked the flexibility of it. Customer support is helpful and responsive but we would like more explicit documentation.

Cons

Two challenges from the administrators perspective is uploading batch users (specifically, the process for creating the upload file can be hard to get right). Uploading web-based self-study courses takes more steps than we would like. As mentioned above, we would like more explicit and detailed documentation support, especially for system administrators.

Joseph K. Joseph K.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

A good investment for us

Using the local-installed version has allowed us to meet Ministry requirements for content hosted within the province and at an economical cost. The Support is always timely and helpful.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Many robust features out of the box. The API is easy to use and integrates nicely with our CMS.

Cons

I'm not a content developer, but I think it would be useful to have some collaboration tools built-in for users/instructors.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 24/03/2016

Inquisiq R4 - top-flight product and people

Several years ago, I relied on Inquisiq's LMS platform as the foundation for delivering blended learning, self-directed learning, and instructor-led training. I switched to Inquisiq from another platform and never looked back. The product and the people behind it are first-rate. The cost-benefit equation for Inquisiq is extremely good.

Pros

A complete, high-performance LMS including SCORM support. Deep support by software engineers and sales folks who believe in the Agile philosophy of delighting the customer.

Shawn H. Shawn H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 16/10/2015

Just what we were looking for in an LMS

Pros

We like the product because it feels like a true "system" (as in "Learning Management System") to us. Other products we looked at felt more like "controlled access to a website" or "content dissemination systems" to us.

Cons

We're using the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, so it's a subscription model. The pricing seems very reasonable to us, though the tiered approach (as opposed to a per-user approach) to pricing means at certain points there's a high price for adding "just one more user." Going from 250 to 251 users in the system, for example, bumps the monthly price by 60%.

Douglas D. Douglas D.

Reviewed on 6/11/2012

The tricky trifecta of rock-solid software development, knowledgeable/fast service, and great...

If you're looking for a well-priced, easy-to-implement, powerful LMS with built in e-commerce support... look no further, I won't ever again.

Pros

My company has been utilizing the SaaS implementation of InquisiqR3 and I can honestly say that it is the closest thing I've seen to a perfect LMS. The UI makes jumping in head first a breeze on both the back end and front end, it is feature rich without being bloated, it has an API for us developers, the actual software seems to have been thoroughly bug-tested, the customer service is unlike anything I've seen with any company period, not just LMS companies, and the pricing structure is great. They even offer a one-time license fee that breaks outside the pay-per-user/SaaS model that is very affordable for such a great LMS...could probably keep going, but these are the highlights.

Cons

The only cons I could point to would be the maximum file upload size was only 200mb when we first purchased and this cause a few issues. However, given the great customer service, ICS was all over helping get through these issues and even modified the software based upon our needs. More documentation on the reporting would also be helpful, but I hear they're all over this as well.

Mario V. Mario V.

Reviewed on 7/12/2010

Outstanding Tool, Outstanding Customer Support

After several years working with ICS Learning and now several months on the R3 flatform, I can't imagine that we would ever consider using another product or support vendor for our LMS needs. With over 5,000 users - reliability and robust funtionailty is imperative - so before switching to R3 visited the ICS Learning Group personally to meet the team - the trust factor only went up.

Oustanding tool - Outstanding company.

Pros

The intuitve design of the administrative back end is what has truly won me over to the R3 verision of Inquisic. Coupled with the fantastic support offered by the people at ICS Learning Group - our company LMS needs are one of the few things that we simply don't worry about.

Cons

No appreciative cons to the product, particularly when compared with other available systems.

Michael S. Michael S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Asentia as our first LMS

Pros

The software was easy to set up and navigate. As the first LMS in my organization there have been very few user issues.

Cons

The system is pretty intuitive and easy to navigate. I would say the only issue is the number of steps to upload and launch a course.

April S. April S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Great, affordable and modern LMS

Pros

I like the variety of features, I like the ease of use and intuitive design, and I am excited to see where we can take this site in our corporate learning environment.

Cons

I can't say that I have found anything found anything bad about Asentia.

Corey B. Corey B.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Asentia is a feature-rich LMS with a great support team at a competitive price

One of our largest customers was looking to move from a large, established LMS that wasn't meeting their needs to one that more closely aligned with their needs and budget. From the initial phone call through the implementation process, the Asentia team was helpful, transparent and truthful about what the system did or did not due, and provided creative suggestions for some of our customer's unique business needs. The features that Asentia has rolled out over the last few years have been valuable additions that have saved our customers time and costs.

Pros

From implementation to on-going support, our customers rave about the LMS. After using several other LMS over the years, it was a great experience to finally work with one that delivers exactly what it says it does. The Asentia team continues to roll out new features and product improvements that save our customers significant time and further meet their needs. The migration from the previous LMS to Asentia was a smooth process and the Asentia team provided great support. One of the smoothest implementations I've seen. The ongoing service and support and the way Asentia incorporates customer feature requests into new builds is impressive.

Cons

Nothing. It's met our expectations and new features are continually being added.