About AdvancedMD EHR

AdvancedMD is a unified suite of software solutions designed for mental health, physical therapy and medical healthcare organizations and independent physician practices. Features include practice management, electronic health...

Browse AdvancedMD EHR Reviews

Mark S. Mark S.

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

Great Company

From our first DEMO with Cameron it was easy going and easy to get the changing of EHR's complete!

Pros

Great costumer service! From the sales team down to the implementation team! Software does so many things i didn't think it could do but it does way more than any other software i found! We are all very happy with our choice! Really does make the office run better!

Cons

Building the templates takes a little getting used to but after you figure it out then it really is easy to build and do what you want!

Christine M. Christine M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 3/06/2021

So many clicks ... why are there so many steps?

We often feel mislead or duped thinking back on the sales pitch. Everything is 18 clicks- EVERYTHING. Nothing is a one click done, its multiple windows with multiple clicks. Every feature is hidden in a menu in a pop up menu in 5 different screens that after 6 months I still dont know where to find the cool features I was sold on. The absolute worst part is everything is a pop up window. Forget about it on a mac. Nothing is easy with this program. We have wanted to back out and go to a different EHR 100 times since starting the process. We have lost so much money in claims, payroll hours of staff trying to figure out WHY -- WHY WOULD THIS GO HERE? Nothing is easy in this system. I knew something was wrong abut a month ago when money stopped flowing and I just figured it out. Our tax id is incorrect --- HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? How could this slip through the cracks. Its so hard to be mad because all of the support is so kind and caring and they do their best. Its not their fault this system needs an update or an overhaul. The support staff is the only reason we have stayed so long. They deserve a raise. We pay over $400 a month for this system for 1 provider who prescribes. I feel like its too late now to switch again.I also feel like we are past the "I hate new things" part and this is really the flaws of the system. I came on THIS WEBSITE and it kept saying "easy to use". This is not easy to use in any respect.

Pros

I like the customer support (after extremely long hold times) the most. All employees are local, caring and knowledgeable. The implementation staff that we were assigned to were awesome.

Cons

All of it. Pop up windows, everything is a pop up. There is no spell check when providers are writing notes. You have to refresh the window to see the changes you made. The system has a DOS feel. Very clunky.

Kelly F. Kelly F.

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Great software

Love it!

Pros

AdvancedMD is very user friendly with all the bells and whistles.

Cons

No big cons come to mind. Apparently, I can not complete the survey without adding more characters to this box.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing AdvancedMD EHR

Needed more functionality. This system started with all the bells and whistles and keeps on improving!!

Reasons for Switching to AdvancedMD EHR

Price. AdvancedMD MD was better priced and had all the bells and whistles

Top AdvancedMD EHR Alternatives

Riaz S. Riaz S.

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

Do not rrecommend

Pros

Templates are good. there is not much good to talk about. Any thing good is neutralized by amount of problems.

Cons

I am a physician that keep loosing my nosed when my medical assistant or front office go in to chart at same time save the chart before me. It also happens when some scans a documents and faxes a prescription on my behalf.
I have the RCM contract. EHR is Ok to use.. But they have multiple unscheduled maintenance during night time. Scheduled maintenance is only for 15 minutes and is very occasional. Unscheduled maintenance is very common and last hours. When you call them they make lot of excuses.
Billers are inexperienced. Lack knowledge of local insurance and Medicaid requirement. I have complained to them multiple times that they cannot bill medicaid clients for unpaid balances but still they keep mailing them statements. It is more than a year and they continue to bill my Medicaid patients.
Very bad on follow up after filing claims. My claims have gone past 95 days filing deadline without any update from advanced. You have to open a case with concerns that there is no claim on file with insurance and it already past filing dead line. Then they will file the claim and claim gets denied. Then we open case again to request them to appeals. They file the appeal and appeal gets denied and you lost your money.
They also do not apply payment correctly and you request them to fix the errors , they will not respond.
AdvancedMd does not take responsibility for claims being denied for going past deadlines. If you complain they do not respond to your emails.

Brian B. Brian B.

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

Overall good billing software program

I am extremely disappointed in Advanced MD customer service. I have been using the product for about 8 years. They market the product as costing less than provider which is not accurate. I have 3 providers in my office and I have to pay /month. They admit to their mistakes in the software codes, but refuse to work with their clients when Advanced MD's mistakes cause significant harm to a practice.

Pros

It will find errors on claims prior to submitting them to insurance carriers. It allows for macro billing which saves data entry time

Cons

There are too many "add on modules" that you must purchase in order to get the functionality out of the program. There customer support is below average. We purchased an add on module that wasn't functioning properly. We noticed this 1 week after purchasing the module and made Advanced MD aware of the errors. It took them about 5 weeks to shut the program down and it caused financial harm to my practice and also upset many patients. The software was texting/emailing patients up to 16 times in one day. It was a significant error in the software code and Advanced MD refused to act quickly to shut down the module. In addition, Advanced MD continued to charge me monthly for the module even though it wasn't working correctly. They refuse to provide a solution.

Melissa F. Melissa F.

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

Best software yet

Generally positive, I wish the support line was available in WEST COAST time zone till 5pm or later, when questions would arise during the 1st year of implementation, and they were closed when we needed the most support.

Pros

The billing is exceptional to track payments and aging report

Cons

the telemedicine integration and lack of customer support for the clients I had. The clients had struggles navigating the online tele video conferencing and AMD did not help the clients, thereby they couldn't help me to connect with clients and visits were delayed and transitioned in sheer frustration to phone calls which were not reimbursed by the insurance. I have since quit using the tele med option and have a new platform and all my clients are happy and I am billing insurance effectively.

Angela B. Angela B.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Top Medical Practice Software

The reports provide providers with ways to grow their practice and to keep track of their revenue. So we can always inform them where there strengths and weaknesses to only help improve their practice.

Pros

Advancedmd is easy to use for both the pm and ehr. I love the ease of use of how quickly we can train doctors and office staff. I also have always been impressed with the support that I always receive from Advancedmd from every department.

Cons

When I'm in charge entry and a patient makes a copay and a payment, I wish we could apply it all in one screen instead of having to post the copay and then pull of the patients account to post the rest.

Candice K. Candice K.

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Tips

Pros

The PM side is pretty straight forward and easy for my employees to use. The integration with other apps has also been very nice.

Cons

There are features that are missing that I feel should be pretty standard at this point in time. Creating templates is cumbersome, what should be basic reporting is considered custom reports that your're charged for and it takes forever to create. There isnt a way to bulk gather specific EHR records for audits that periodically take place. My billing department has to navigate through multiple windows when submitting claims that automatically need medical records sent with the claim. Many EHR's have it to where you can grab the records and send in the same screen. There is no alerts to notes that have been unsigned for 72 hours (this blows my mind since its a major compliance requirement).

Jody T. Jody T.

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

Great Program with intrigal functionality

I have a Medical Billing Business and their CBO feature allows me to work several practices at the same time. I also like that if the practice is using another EHR software they can integrate with Advanced MD and the charges come over very smoothly to review. Overall Great Product.

Pros

Integration with other software. Payment posting and ERA claim reports. All very easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the collections module, I do like it but I wish it was a little easier to use and didn't duplicate the message when you send it to someone else. I'm sure with a larger staff it would be useful but with my 4 I find it annoying. not enough to have me switch by far though.

Paul W. Paul W.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Advancedmd- Switch from Practice Fusion

It is a bit overwhelming to switch over to a product like this, but I think is well worth the effort in the long run. The support and training teams have been excellent and very responsive. They gave me a very low price /month as a solo practitioner, since I won't be using a lot of it's more advanced features.

Pros

Price point very competitive, especially for a solo practice
Combines EHR and complete Practice Management/Billing software- fully integrated with clearinghouse
Support and training are excellent and VERY comprehensive. Lots of videos to watch plus 10 hours 1:1 with a trainer. If you are a solo practitioner, it is possible to use this program yourself and not have any staff.
Mobile APP for iphone/ipad is excellent. Very easy to schedule a patient on the fly, register a new patient, etc. with an iphone.
They offer a credit card billing module that works great with co-payments.

Cons

There is a substantial learning curve. The product is well designed and very complex- what medical record/billing system isn't. I have used Medisoft for years and had Practice Fusion as a separate EHR. Combining the two should save a fair amount of money and time. Everything is in the cloud (is this better or not?). The training is extensive and very good, but there are 100's of features in this program. It is really made for an office with several MD's, nurses, front staff, etc., but you can have the program custom set up for one user and not use a lot of the features (such as check-in, check-out, auditing accounts, etc.)

Tristan K. Tristan K.

Reviewed on 9/08/2019

It’s not good

The tec support are helpful but the software does not improve. Also the representative they assign to help you is useless

Pros

If you have a very basic practice it works

Cons

Everything is an add on and if you have anything more complicated then a PCP office the features are just not there. Constant problems with connect and development just does not build features to compensate for shortcomings

Katherine W. Katherine W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 30/10/2015

AdvancedMD PM Software an Excellent, Well Supported Product

Pros

The PM software is very complete. It does everything in a well thought out way. There is a complete set of available reports with many options for customization. And it all even works! Support is readily available. The support folks are friendly and very helpful. If the person you get doesn't know the answer, s/he finds somebody who does and gets you question answered or problem resolved. I've used other software. One was quite good. The second was not good. This one is the best.

Cons

Every now and then I find something I would like to do in a certain way and I have to do it in a different way. Or I'll find something I can't quite do. But I always find a work around. There are a couple of reports that aren't in the large available list. I have found others that will give me the information so I have never gone into making my own reports.

Justin A. Justin A.
1.5

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

Terrible Customer Service

Pros

Multiple screens available at one time is helpful. More functional PM than Health Fusion, but that's not saying a lot.

Cons

Customer Support is TERRIBLE! We were conned into believing that we would be fast tracked and set-up within two weeks. We had a lot of issues with getting Blue Cross Blue Shield set-up, and then e-remittance suddenly stopped after two months. This issues has still not been resolved 5 months later, and ADP keeps trying to send up to BCBS who says everything is fine on their end and that it's ADP's issue. WORSE, it's been 7 months and we are still not getting paid for Medicaid. We have called ADP multiple times, as well as Medicaid, and just today a Medicaid Rep took 5 minutes and figured out that our taxonomy code was listed in the box where our TPI was supposed to be.
We called ADP, and they tried to tell us it was our fault despite the fact that we do not enter that info -- they do. They then gave us a run around saying that they only put in standard data, but extra stuff is our responsibility. What?!?! How are we supposed to know that when they don't tell us, and how is putting in a TPI not part of standard date? ADP made it appear that all we had to do was fill out our information, send it to them, and they would handle everything else.
We have still yet to hear a response from our direct rep after 2 weeks. I forwarded the emails to customer service 3 days ago, and have yet to hear from them.
My office manager called asked to speak with a supervisor, and the customer service rep said, "What are you planning to get out of that?" I don't know. An apology? Most of the reps have been just as rude when we call. You would think the system would flag something when every single Medicaid claim was denied. Or note that we've been calling and emailing since February.
I use Practice Fusion for my EHR, and their customer service is much better despite being FREE! I wish they had a PM side, too, so we wouldn't have to deal with ADP, anymore. There's always Kareo, I guess.

Pam G. Pam G.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Billing Manager

The software works well with a multi office clinic.

Pros

The EHR side of the system is great for customization of Medical Documents. After testing several EHR systems, we were able to implement an EHR product that used the same work flow as a paper chart. The PM side of the product is great for scheduling and A/R workflow capabilities works well for our office staff.

Cons

The system has periods of slowness. The support team is not always as helpful as required to get an issue resolved.

Michael Z. Michael Z.

Reviewed on 3/11/2015

Easy to use, simplifies billing, eliminates redundancies.

Pros

The AdvancedMD platform offers many excellent features, its hard to point out a favorite, as all of the features are so important and effective in their respective functions. All in all, I would have to say the best feature is the transparency of the platform. It allows our physicians to utilize the program with all of their data available to them, and our progress as a medical billing company.

AdvancedMD cares about their clients, they are always available and are eager to take our suggestions and implement them. We feel like our physicians practice, and our business is in good hands when we use their products.

Cons

Internet Explorer exclusivity. IE causes lag, and other complications when using AdvancedMD.

Rob M. Rob M.

Reviewed on 31/07/2017

Great relationship

We look forward to working with AMD and constantly striving towards excellence for our providers and their staff.

Pros

Our key account manager does a great job communicating with us and resolving issues as they arise. This translates into prompt communications with our billing clients and quick resolutions to problems. Our clients appreciate this, as do we.Whenever we have issues, we do have the ability to suggest improvements to the system - which helps.

Ayesha H. Ayesha H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

I have been working with AdvancedMD for a few years now and their team is GREAT! They are available to answer any questions you have along the way and work with you to resolve any issues.

Pros

This product is easy to use and customer service is always available to assist.

Cons

Though no product is perfect, AdvancedMD is always working on making improvements to increase efficiency.

John N. John N.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Overly complex compared to other EHRs

For smaller practices and family based PCPs, AdvancedMD can be a great fit but for those larger organizations, some of the tracking, reporting, and customization features will limit the usefulness of this EHR.

Pros

Screen layout is easy to understand and color coding helps with pt creation/checkin process.
AdvanceMD steps you through the checking process and can help track the pt during entire office visit

Cons

Manipulating appointments and performing follow ups is cumbersome
Ability to create and track multiple Docs at multiple locations is not possible, especially when Docs travel schedules changes month to month
Reporting ability lags behind other top players
Updates and customizations are difficult with cloud based EHR.

Justine T. Justine T.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017

Great system with a few issues.

Overall a good system to use.

Pros

We've used AdvancedMD for over 8 years and it's been great. Very user friendly. Works well with a number of specialties.

Cons

There has been a number of system issues/bugs over the last year that have affected use with my clients. System slowness, crashing, etc. I know it was due to growing pains, but it's been frustrating.

Beverly H. Beverly H.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

This system is easy to use between the PM an EHR side.

Pros

What I like most about the system is everything is at your finger tips and easy to learn. I get excited when I see they have updated something and it never crossed my mind it could improve any better than what it was.

Cons

Least favorite: I wish the eligibility for insurance gave a little more details that other systems do.

Pamela M. Pamela M.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017

They are the best. Their EHR is extremely customizable. Support is amazing

It has streamed lined our workflow. We have all the patient information at our fingertips. Including I-Phone and I-Pad applications.

Pros

Ease of use. Clean look. Our faxes go directly into the patient's chart. The company listens to their users. They incorporate our ideas constantly.

Cons

Building the templates. They have hundreds of templates. We thought it would be easier to build out own. I wish more practices knew about them. Honestly, I can't think of any.

Samantha S. Samantha S.

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

AdvancedMD PM - Improving but....

I have had many issues with AMD over the years. I have been using the product for 5 years. The system looks outdated (although they are updating it slowly). Some sections require multiple clicks when you would think it would be just one. I have had multiple issues with support not following up. In fact, on one occasion I was informed that I was the only practice having the issue and they had no desire to fix it (which is poor customer service!). They charge you for each and every little thing separately. Other PM systems include certain features that AMD wants to charge additionally each month for, such as appointment confirmations and insurance verification. My biggest issue is employee tracking. You have to pay for additional reporting features to run a report to see whatever employee was doing each day (and they weren't really clear that with the additional reporting that I could create the report I wanted!). They leave much to be desired and I am looking for another system. We just don't want to be stuck like we are with AMD.

Pros

claims processing is clear. That's about ALL this system currently has going for it.

Cons

Everything else. Literally every single thing else.

Alejandra S. Alejandra S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Appointment reminders

Pros

Reliable but definitely there is a learning curve.

Cons

Patients cancelling appointments when they receive reminders and not being able to reschedule. This featurescannot be cancelled unless I cancel appointment reminders.

Stephen H. Stephen H.

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

GOOD SYSTEM AFTER LEARNING TO USE IT

DOES THE JOB

Pros

SEAMLESS SCHEDULING, DOCUMENTING, AND BILLING. WORKS WELL FOR ME WHEN I USE DRAGON DICTATING SYSTEM.

Cons

DIFFICULT TO GENERATE CHARTS FOR TRANSMISSION TO OTHERS WHEN NECESSARY. ONE MUST DO A WORD MERGE FROM THE RAW NOTE TO A WORD FOR WINDOWS FORMAT.

Brede D. Brede D.

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Support is terrable.

If you are small and have no internal software support function, think long and hard about using Advanced MD.

Pros

It is a easy to use software, it is a cloud based software, it is easily accessible on line from anywhere.

Cons

Support is horrible. Can barley get ahold of any one then when you do they do not have a solution. send a help ticket wait days or longer. Send an email with a specific question no response.