Datadog Reviews

Visit Website

About Datadog

Datadog is the monitoring, security and analytics platform for developers, IT operations teams, security engineers and business users in the cloud age. Datadog's SaaS platform integrates and automates infrastructure monitoring,...

4.1
4.2
4.2

Browse Datadog Reviews

Mauricio
Mauricio

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Great platform for logs analysis and cloud monitoring

Choosing to use Datadog made my work so much easier to accomplish. The logs analysis is one of the best thing that I can have in order to monitor my projects performance and health. This tool performs well and it is really useful. Real time logging works well. Definitely a must have.

Pros

I think that the best features that Datadog has is that you can track and follow logs in real time, something really important to have if your project is live. I like the idea of creating custom views of sets of logs (with custom filters, data parsing and a lot more) and that you can share them with your team.

Cons

It is a bit complicated to set for the first time. Is not quite easy to use or know at first about all the available features that Datadog has. Interface is tricky and can be a blocker sometimes. Following that, if your fields are not mapped in the right way, filters are not that useful.

Marcos

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Datadog is great! Room to improve but definitely the future of observability

Pros

For us the most liked feature of Datadog is the possibility to compare all data that we received from our platform. Being able to compare the platform status, the network status, the performance traces, the logs is really helpful letting us find issues where we couldn't find if we will do it manually.

Cons

Datadog is great but it misses something, for example it could include a self remediation tool. Since every server has already installed a Datadog agent it would be so helpful if with the UX we could add, edit or delete custom checks in python or something like that, and if we could automate some actions programmed in the UX so we could work and integrate with escalation policies, alerts and more.

Reasons for Choosing Datadog

Pandora was not escalating like we expected and we wanted to search for a unified product that covers everything we need, server monitoring, database monitoring, APM...

Pandora FMS
Kaschief
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 6/04/2023

Great Experience with Supportive dashboard and management of Data.

Great with data monitoring

Pros

Collect vital information and tracks data. The interactive dashboard helps me keep my information organized for effective use. this application monitors my data in the most efficient and easy way. The overall experience is wonderful for me and I would definitely recommend investing into this software.

Cons

I have no issues with the software so far. it's a nice application

Top Datadog Alternatives

Aiovino
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Determined Solution for Data Enhancement

The analytical options from Datadog gives a reliable performance and analytical option.

Pros

The platform helps in managing data, and this increases on performance.

Cons

There is no discouragement from the platform.

Tim
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Everything in a single pane of glass

I have had a great overall experience with the product, the customer success team, and the support team at Datadog. I would highly recommend.

Pros

Datadog is a solid and stable product. They provide easy to use features and functionality that sets the standard for APM and Security tools - and their suite of tools is continuously expanding to important areas. The APM capabilities were able to handle our complex technology stack with little to no configuration necessary.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, more of a caution to monitor your consumption.. We worked with the customer success team to ensure our account was right sized based on forecasted usage. In the beginning we had to monitor our on-demand consumption as we outgrew our initial needs, this was handled incredibly well by the Datadog team, but you do need to keep an eye on your own consumption to avoid additional costs.

IBM Instana and New Relic

Reasons for Choosing Datadog

We were looking to consolidate our output from our cloud provider to reduce I/O traffic and security risk. Also, we felt the use of Datadog would simplify our integrations (and the number of integrations overall) by using a multi-purpose tool.

IBM Instana and Sumo Logic

Reasons for Switching to Datadog

We felt the specific mix of technologies covered by their APM was a differentiating factor for us.
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Analytics tool which helps customers and users always get the product you want them to get

Overall, having Datadog monitor our apps' performance and customers/users' pain points is invaluable. It's an amazing tool which lets us identify bottlenecks and better serve our users. Although the initial learning curve of utilizing Datadog's plethora of data analytics tools is steep, it's well worth the effort and price as there is much value to the metrics Datadog provides.

Pros

Datadog is probably one of the most notable analytics tool out there for large companies. It's easy to track users' flow in terms of what routes they're hitting, when they hit a snag and 404, or other metrics like how performant certain requests are which allows us to identify bottlenecks and get rid of them immediately.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve I will say with this software and needs an expert to help lead tutorials or sessions to get the ball rolling with new tool users. Although there are many built in functionalities and easily customizable features, it can be overwhelming and hard to pinpoint exactly what type of analytics you're looking for. It's one of those softwares where you have to play around with it to get the stars to align and find a model or metric that works best for your customers and use cases.

Google Analytics 360

Reasons for Switching to Datadog

Datadog seemed to be more data intensive and specifically geared towards products like ours which really relied on app throughput, performance, and availability. Getting our product straight to the user, in a quick and efficient manner, is our priority and Datadog helps clear any blockers or issues that gets in the way of that.

Reviewed on 8/09/2022

Solving most of our logs need

Solving lot of debugging problems and close track of our infra system using the alerting mechanism.

Pros

good integrations with collectors. Open text search. Alerting systems. custom downtime for deployments.

Cons

Aggregation and APM metrics. More of alerting. New features to aggregate fields

AWS CloudTrail and Grafana

Reasons for Switching to Datadog

Limited setup time, easy to use interface, less technical savy person can also use it

Reviewed on 3/01/2020

Great for working with AWS

We have been using DataDog to monitor our lambda logs for errors as well as keep track of load and uptime on various RDS and EC2/Fargate instances. The multiple account setup can be a bit flakey at times but overall the product works well and has a consistent interface

Pros

The log imports from AWS work really well and are much faster at searching than using AWS Cloudwatch. I find it easy day to day to search for items in logs, especially after implementing a few log transformers

Cons

initial setup gets a bit confusing sometimes, and it was easier to change the logging format of our code than to implement lots of parsers to make the log interpretation better

Loggly

Reasons for Choosing Datadog

searching logs was too slow and difficult to get the results we desired quickly (especially to track down recent customer problems)

Reasons for Switching to Datadog

better / easier integration with our current development stack
Satbyul

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

Clear graphs and easy to set up

Used the open URL to add dashboard to a large monitor on our workspace to easily spot spikes.

Pros

Really simple set up to monitor our full stack environment. Dashboard is very clear and suitable for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.

Cons

Nothing really. Migrating to any product can be challenging but setup was pretty simple and no key functionality absent.

Rayla
Rayla
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 1/09/2019

I was hoping this would be a Splunk alternative

Pros

Datadog is useful for visualizing and monitoring your cloud applications. If you have agents on you devices, it can analyze a ton of information coming in and show it to you, but that's where it ends, at least, as far as I could figure out in my free trial.

Cons

I was very hopeful of this software, but I didn't want to throw agents from a product I've never used before on my servers and instances, so I tried to upload a data pull ( about 500,000 log entries) to Datadog, to see what it could do, but there's no way to upload a csv/txt file to the software. It has to be via agents on your services. I know that metadata would be missing from a csv, but it seems like a major oversight to not be able to accept a csv of logs for a new user to experiment at low risk.

Splunk Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Datadog

My company decided to stay with Splunk and not switch to Datadog. It has a lot more capabilities.
Scott
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Datadog does a lot out of the box

We are using Datadog to monitor and observe over 3000 distinct video streams for outages. It does the job pretty admirably even if I can't tweak the alerts and dashboards as much as I'd like.It is VERY expensive. But it does a lot.

Pros

It's pretty easy to get a lot out of Datadog right out of the box -- the AWS and other integrations are amazing and easy to use.

Cons

It's REALLY expensive.It's not so easy to really really tweak the dashboarding and alerts to do more advanced mathematics or analysis.

Reasons for Choosing Datadog

I was not involved in the decision

I was not involvd
Drew

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Generally good, customer support could be better

Very helpful to have a full suite of observability tools. Customer support could be better.

Pros

Overall observability is good, and the way all of the offerings interact is helpful.

Cons

basic APM requires code customization, which isn't the case with competing products. Documentation for anything beyond basic integration is lacking. Customer support is a bit of a bait and switch; great during eval, and bad once you've bought the product.

Lightstep
Caroline

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Powerful tool for monitoring business applications

Datadog has been really efficient and useful since through its implementation you can monitor all business applications and thus be aware of its operation whether the same is appropriate or not and if not, you can take the appropriate measures so that the same is again the appropriate performance, that is why having this tool is a great advantage at the business level.

Pros

Datadog is a tool that I like for several reasons, because implementing it does not require technical knowledge, has a series of metrics that allow you to read whether the performance of applications or servers is appropriate or not, so if you find a failure or something out of the ordinary in these applications the user immediately receives alerts that notify him of this problem so that it can be resolved in the shortest possible time, these alerts being received at any time since Datadog works continuously 24/7 and the best thing is that it is a software that is very easy to use and implement, in addition to being extremely flexible because it allows you to choose the monitoring parameters that you want to apply.

Cons

Datadog is not a perfect tool because it has some drawbacks and is that the more applications are integrated with this software the performance or speed of information delivery tends to slow down which should not be since the integrations are to improve even more the performance of said tool.

Marcelo
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great end to end Integration

Pros

Datadog is great for bootstrapping and it can get you quite far! Monitoring and alerting tooling is awesome, integrate well with the new products

Cons

Datadog is one of the few solutions I’m the market that provides all stack (logs, security, apm, infra …) and they know it. It is not cheap, when compared individually but looking at the big scope the integration is what we are paying for.

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Gamechanging Lifesaver

Pros

Can monitor ANYTHING. Centralized place for log analysis, security monitoring, end user monitoring, custom business metrics. Report and alert.

Cons

Some items visible in the UI are not capable of being monitored. Unable to get APM for PHP working under litespeed.Improvements in alerting would be nice, better escalation, SMS integration, etc.

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

best monitoring tool on the market

Pros

I like Datadog APM which help our developer to troubleshoot various deep level issues.

Cons

probably the integration with log management with DD trace with APM, as we have some difficulties link the log injested with trace ID etc but some of logs are not linked with APM. I hope there's a better compatibilities with custom PHP application with APM & Log management

Neyda Jose

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Powerful tool for the analysis and monitoring of applications

Datadog is a very useful tool because it is known if the applications, servers or hots are working as they should or if not, we will be aware to prevent further damage solving the problem in the shortest time possible.

Pros

This tool called Datadog I love mainly because it is really efficient and very useful because it allows through it you can carry out a monitoring of the performance of applications in a very simple way, being this through the reading of metrics that are really simple to understand and issue very detailed information that is useful to diagnose the cause and thus be able to solve the problem in the shortest time possible, also is available 24/7 so in case of any fault send immediately a mail informing the same and the best thing is that it has a clean interface, intuitive and easy to use without having technical knowledge to manage it.

Cons

One of its drawbacks is that when it is integrated with a large number of tools it can become heavy, which causes the information to be slowed down.

Jay
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

One Stop Shop for everything

Pros

Correlation between APM, Infra, Log, Network and everything can make it possible to view in multiple dimensions. Also, RUM feature is so strong to cover the end-to-end observability in realtime.

Cons

One of the most expensive tool. And it could be challenged by the management.

New Relic

Reasons for Switching to Datadog

Powerful E2E visibility in realtime.
Yeamin

Reviewed on 15/10/2023

Datadog is a great Observability+log analysis tool

It's a great tool for monitoring, alerting, log analysis and synthetics. Good support for small startup companies as well.

Pros

Ease of integrataion. Both alerts, metrics and log aggregation in one place. Website Synthetics was very useful too.

Cons

Data ingestion cost can be too high at times if not controlled in a granular manner.

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Datadog review

Pros

I liked the fact that DataDog provides an easy-to-use platform for visualizing, monitoring, and alerting on all my infrastructure metrics. It's very comprehensive and the integrated dashboards allow me to quickly identify any issues. It's also great that it can integrate with other technologies, allowing me to have a complete view of my system.

Cons

I didn't like the complexity of setting up custom dashboards and metrics. It was difficult to find the right combination of settings and tools to get the desired result.

Ashok
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Datadog experience

It's a good tool, needs to improve the collaboration of the support team.

Pros

Building Dashboards, Observability at the granular level

Cons

Terminology , need to distinguish different resources and not tag them as one

Matt

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Datadog is a must have for any cloud base infrastructure

Pros

I love the ease of use, the up-to-date documentation, and the product capabilities.

Cons

Support is slow and lacking, costs can get out of control fast and are not straightforward.

Splunk Enterprise
Cara

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Best all-in-one monitoring tool

Pros

Being able to combine all of our analytics tools in one place makes it easy to find the right information to investigate, monitor, and resolve operational issues quickly. Combining products like logs and APM traces makes both tools even more powerful for finding and understanding problems with our applications.

Cons

If there's one drawback, it's the cost, which can become expensive for monitoring high-throughput systems or systems with a lot of hosts.

Christina

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

Datadog

Pros

A lot of fun for less money. Great software for monitoring kubernetes infrastructure. Very clear dashboards, monitoring is very intuitive, great to use. Setup is simple and installation of the agent on PC was seamless. Aggregate views into one clear dashboard and monitor all metrics at the same time according to various filters and parameters. Many additional features to enrich the data. User friendly.

Cons

In the time I have been using it I have not found anything that would not suit me with DataDog I have been very satisfied and it has met my expectations.

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Datadog Sniffs Out Problems Fast

Datadog is an amazing cloud monitoring solution that provides great insight and alerting for our platform.

Pros

Datadog provides a great, easy-to-use and extensible interface for displaying data out of your own systems, providing you the insight to sniff out issues as they arise.

Cons

No matter how many integrations Datadog builds in, there will always be gaps, and some of those gaps hit our needs. As such, we need to use several monitoring solutions to cover our whole platform.