Benchmark Email Reviews

About Benchmark Email

Benchmark Email is a cloud-based email marketing platform. It offers email templates for different occasions and events. It helps users manage email campaigns. It provides Email signup forms on website, blog and social media to...

4.2
4.1
4.2

Browse Benchmark Email Reviews

Bruno
Bruno

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

A good option, but not the best option

I provide consultancy as a freelancer for the implementation and operation of IT and marketing services for self-employed professionals and small retailers, such as lawyers, dentists and real estate agencies. In order to find a tool to use as a standard for mail marketing, I recently tested Benchmark mail, but I decided not to stick with it.

Pros

Clean, intuitive interface, user doesn't need to learn anything. Just log in and start using. For what it offers, it has a lower monthly price than competitors of the same level.

Cons

I needed customer service support and my issue took days to get answered and resolved. Furthermore, although it is possible to create campaigns, newsletters and customer journeys through automation, on other platforms this can be done in a much more intuitive way.

MailerLite, Brevo, Outfunnel, Mailchimp and Dashly
Frank
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

Benchmark Email Is The Benchmark of Email Marketing

We have used BE since 2016 and only have one other similar service in case we need a backup, but have not needed it. Benchmark Email service is a sure thing we have come to depend on because 90% of our subscribers communicate with us by email rather than social media.

Pros

Benchmark Email has an archive page of past email campaigns sent. This also has very good SEO! It also has a community area that works like a blog, but needs some attention to the design and updating the social share buttons. So when we send out an email we also link to either of the above for subscribers to keep track if they missed an email or want to share it. We don't need to depend on a blog or website, though we have that too.

Cons

With regards to the archive page the emails send often post out or order, so I have to go in there from time to time an put them in order. There are other glitches like this but not often, that don't really affect the emails being sent, however support has always been accommodating either with a fix or a solution.

Sender

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

We used BE as a back up to TinyLetter, when [sensitive content hidden] of BE was more active. It was a family vibe we found from them, and still to this day. When TL no longer supported their product, and there were more and more glitches with designing mails, and then TL content filters went strong, our mails were either bouncing or not being delivered. This is when we moved to BenchmarkEmail and have been with them since 2016. We have used others over the years to have as a back up, but Benchmark Email is the Benchmark of email marketing as far a we are concerned.

Sender and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

Sender is more affordable but does not have an archive page, Buttondown does have an archive page but at the time the UI was not as friendly. Buttondown is also run by one person, and we found (the people at) Benchmark Email to be more responsive, friendly, and treat us like family. You want an email marketing service to get your emails to the inbox, and thus you have to have a good relationship with the people behind it all to make that happen .. it's all about teamwork. The support at BE is extremely accommodating in comparison, especially when asking simple questions at first to learn your way around the product.
Abhilash
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

I Love the Powerful Features of Benchmark Email

Pros

With Benchmark Email, we are able to make email marketing smooth.
It is a powerful tool with great capabilities.

Cons

Benchmark Email is amazing.
I haven't seen any dislikes.

Top Benchmark Email Alternatives

Ranjan

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back
Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable)
Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk
This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark.

All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Response from Polaris Software

Hi Ranjan,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability.

While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 8/04/2024

Benchmark Email: An Effective Tool for Email Marketing

Pros

The capabilities of this amazing email marketing solution have been spectacular.
Benchmark Email has been easy to use.

Cons

I do not experience cons when using Benchmark Email.
Benchmark Email works impressively for us.

Response from Polaris Software

John, thanks for taking time to leave a review, we're glad to hear you found Benchmark Email easy to use. We're always here if you ever run into any email marketing roadblocks down the road. Cheers!

Replied 15/04/2024
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Easy to use platform

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

Cons

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Typeform and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

I also use type form, but I don't use it for email. I have considered Mailchimp because it seems to be widely used (I see its logo often on emails/newsletters). I chose Benchmark because I like the look & feel of the website and some of the design elements.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 30/05/2019
Abed
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Pros

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

Cons

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet.

One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk.

Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

My friends at my other job use benchmark so I would be able to ask them questions. Also it was stated that we are allowed to send 2400 email on Free Plan, I was surprised yesterday that I am only allowed 250 a month. And I had issues uploading the contact list which required that I purchase the pro vrsion.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Great customer service!

I'm impressed with how professional they are, as well as how accessible. It's not hard to reach someone when something goes wrong (which is usually due to my inexperience with their interface).

Pros

Benchmark is head and shoulders above our experiences with other firms. While the interface is not quite as intuitive as I would like, it is easy enough to master, and there is ample customer service to help along the way. I cannot say enough good things about the people I've dealt with there so far.

Cons

I did have a problem with importing a graphic, even though it was in a format normally accepted (jpeg). Haven't found the time to resolve this, but that's on me, not them.

matthew
matthew

Reviewed on 27/03/2023

Very complex but never saw any results yield

I love the application i think maybe given more time id be able to work the system like a pro

Pros

I like there is 24/7 live chat support also the drag and drop feature helped A TON !

Cons

The email delivery could be better and im filling up my files almost too quick

Mathew
Mathew

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

simple yet powerful

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Response from Polaris Software

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

Replied 12/07/2018
Marcy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark.

I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list).

Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well.

The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send).

Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email.

Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

- Benchmark Team

Brian
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors.
Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and great rating.

Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 4/06/2019
Hasnain
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Great Service

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

Pros

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one!
I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Cons

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Hasnain,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know!

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

Pros

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

Cons

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Mailchimp

Price and technical support

Response from Polaris Software

Hello,

Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features.

- Benchmark Team

Mohammed

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Email feedback from

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have.

- Benchmark Team

Mitch

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Terrible support and errors on site.

I was very excited to try Benchmark due to its high reviews in various places. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of support received from my national account manager, Tom Mitchell. First he emails to ask if he can help with any questions, then he doesn't respond even with a simple help article about why an email might be "under review," and after I provided screenshots and detailed analysis of HIS product's problems, he wanted to deflect me to chat support. I'm a chief strategy officer. I'm not going to use live chat support, sorry. It seems like this platform is meant for small fries and not for real businesses. I'll be going over to Mailchimp or Constant Contact... they'll at least make an effort to win my business.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

The support received from the company over a simple error with an email "opens" report.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Mitch,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry and disappointed that we weren't able to provide the level of service you expected. As you mention, we are always highly rated and we pride ourselves in having an excellent customer service and support team. I will be sure to take this feedback to our team so we can learn from our mistakes and impress our users with our product and service. Again, apologizes from the team and we hope the next time you try us, we can exceed your expectations!

Replied 12/12/2016
Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

It just didn't work for me.

I tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through them, so I fear the stigma is more on Benchmark than the fact that I use a free email provider. Otherwise, I can't explain why the other service I have used worked better. For this reason, I have stopped using Benchmark, after a couple of months, and went back to my previous provider. It's no offense to the service, but if it's not working for me, as a marketing tool, why should I continue to use it?

Pros

The emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.

Cons

I was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us.

Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service.

Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well.

We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices.

Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better.

- Daniel Miller

Replied 5/12/2016
Kristina
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

Customer service is great - but there are glitches in the program that need fixing.

FREE Subscription!

Pros

That is free to PTA's! I like the fairly ease of use - -but wish there was a little more flexibility in the design features. And the blocks can sometimes make it tricky and tedious to edit.

Cons

The login -it never saves my password. And - sometimes it asks for the email address to login and other times it asks for username. This is confusing. I have had a lot of trouble with this. I also don't like that your account is closed down if you have too many bounces - - on the first time sending something out. It shouldn't do this unless it is a multiple case scenario. Schools search for alumni - this is the case. They give an email address to Harris Publishing that does our directory and we assume it is "good" but then it comes back. And - major corporations do not like Benchmark emails -and bounce them.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Kristina,

We are happy to see you use our PTA Email Marketing plan. We made this plan to help improve the communication to parents. In regards to editing the templates and your login issues, I would like to try to setup a support call to review this. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule a 30 min call with your account manager or a support representative.

All the best!
- Daniel Miller

Replied 17/07/2017
LaToya
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

Benchmark

Overall, initially Benchmark was OK. The business problem I was solving with this product was sending out email campaigns.

Pros

The feature I liked the most about Benchmark Email was the automated email campaign.

Cons

The main issue I had with Benchmark was the deliverance of my emails. For some reason, once my emails were sent out, according to the report in Benchmark, emails were not being opened. That was very strange that none of my emails were being opened.

Constant Contact
Lynette
  • Industry: Photography

Great software

Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Pros

Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem

Cons

Nothing. The software is great to use dsily

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Lynette,

Thanks for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Eduardo

Reviewed on 6/09/2022

My Review

Good enough in order to be used for E-Mail Marketing

Pros

It has many Features for e-mail marketing

Cons

It does not offer a trial with enough amount of e-mails included...it offers a very limited features for it and people needs to check quality on this matter first (sometimes)

Brevo and SendPulse

I did not do that
Laura
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Simplified E-mail Communications

We've been using it for years, with very few issues.

Pros

Generally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.

Cons

Once in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Robert
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

First I tested it and stopped using it

Pros

It was easy to setup and get the campaigns going.

Cons

The price is not lowest one for this kind of software.

Zoho Mail

Response from Polaris Software

We are happy that you are finding it simple to launch your email marketing campaigns with Benchmark Email. It's our goal to empower marketers with simple tools that get results.

Replied 16/02/2024
Peter

Suits my needs

It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros

It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.

Cons

Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

Response from Polaris Software

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance.

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

Used for our monthly investor updates

Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

Pros

I liked how simple it was to create email groups, template emails and email campaigns. It's literally the easiest one to use and I used MailChimp for a long time before switching to Benchmark.

Cons

My emails would often go to Junk. I even "warmed up" my email, but I still had problems.